Large size shoe

Why Me

I am looking for a size 47 Euro (13 US) slip-on loafer or similar. Went to a bunch of shops in Central World today but no luck. Any suggestion where to look? I don't care what brand as long as it's a decent leather. Thanks.

Big sizes for shoes are hard to find, are there any American shoe stores that have that? I don't know about leather shoes, did you go to the central department store? They usually carry American brands. 

The shoe stores at Siam Paragon/siam centre are bigger 

Edited by dj230
  • Thanks 1

I wear size 46. I have been able to find that size in Central Department Store here in Pattaya, but type of shoe is limited.  I tend to order large sizes for clothing and shoes from Amazon in US -- they cost more of course when you add shipping cost.  Also, when ordering Amazon also includes a deposit for custom duty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

US 13 Wide here - I've tried every supplier on Lazada without success. I occasionally see a unicorn in a store but have not found a consistent supply. The best solution I've found is ordering from Amazon in the USA and using a Thai forwarding company that includes a flat fee Thai customs tax.

These US/Thai forwarders charge about 800 baht per kilo for Air shipping delivered to your door with no additional customs fees. They also do a similar service using slower sea shipment at about 350 baht/kilo. Air shipping saves me almost $50/pair vs standard Thai customs via mail.

I use this one in Oregon state which doesn't have a state sales tax (saves another 8% over shipper with a California warehouse). There are several other similar Thai/US companies in Oregon and a bunch more in other states.

https://www.facebook.com/WeShippingUSA

Edited by Wuvu2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At one time 'The Mall' in Korat had several western named shoe stores and I was able to find 46/47 sizes.  On line is the BA Mason shoe company, every size you could want and many styles.  But, you have to access their catalog with a VPN and need a US credit card for purchases. 

• Thanks 1

I wear a size 13, too.  I’ve lived here for ten years and in that time I saw one pair of trainers in a sports store in my size.  I’ve recently seen my size at decathlon but they were too narrow.

I buy on Amazon and have them shipped….import duty included in price…

I’ve long since given up after searching everywhere in Bangkok and Chiang Mai

• Thanks 1

I used to buy loafers in MBK ground floor shoe shops ... plenty of them to chose from. Haven't done so for a year or so.

To get size 47 will be pretty difficult ... - some MBK ground floor shoe shops will send off an order for your size but you'll pay a bit more ... I have bought slip on loafers size 45 there over the years for e..g $50-60 AUD ... nice quality and durable.

There are a few pretty decent custom shoe makers in BKK ... one between Asok BTS and the Sheraton (name forgotten). 'Siam Bootery' was near the foot of the stairs from the BTS at Asok opposite T21 was good and some lovely styles but gone now - moved elsewhere I believe but I never bothered to track them down.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tracyb said:

I wear a size 13, too.  I’ve lived here for ten years and in that time I saw one pair of trainers in a sports store in my size.  I’ve recently seen my size at decathlon but they were too narrow.

I buy on Amazon and have them shipped….import duty included in price…

I’ve long since given up after searching everywhere in Bangkok and Chiang Mai

Check Brooks Thailand for sports shoes, mainly for running.

They have a shop in Muang thong thani and are on shopee.

They have larger size trainers.

Edited by userabcd
  • Thanks 2

I am now size 13 up (Thai 45-47 I think).

Cannot buy in Chiang Mai except one or two pairs available in 'the big man's shop' on bottom floor of Central Airport Plaza. My two latest pairs are of necessity identical and are more like size 50! (I wear with a 'hygienic' fitted  insole)

Cannot last long but no alternative. Soles not thick. Socks are almost equally unavailable.

Inquired in Clarks in Airport plaza - word spread around the staff there. "No, no, sir." the nice young man said, "this is Thailand, not England!" We all had a good laugh.

There is a great shoe store at Union mall called Shoe Shi, they sell leather shoes imported from Italy at reasonable prices. They have a limited selection for larger sizes but they can custom order many styles for no extra cost if you can wait a few weeks. I bought some EU size 47s from there a few months ago which they ordered especially for me and delivered to my door, all for less than 2000 baht.

• Like 1

I bought Adidas Trainers Size 47 from their Factory Outlets next to Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit Road Pattaya. There are many factory outlets their. Also bought slippers and sandals size 47 from shoes n handbags shop on Pattaya beach road  between Royal Mall and walking street. Sorry forgot the name of shop they have many branches but this shop stocks size 47.

11 hours ago, matchar said:

There is a great shoe store at Union mall called Shoe Shi, they sell leather shoes imported from Italy at reasonable prices. They have a limited selection for larger sizes but they can custom order many styles for no extra cost if you can wait a few weeks. I bought some EU size 47s from there a few months ago which they ordered especially for me and delivered to my door, all for less than 2000 baht.

looks good and can buy online at https://shopee.co.th/shoesshi

I wear 48/49 and they just laugh at me when I ask if they have a 48 at a Thai shoe store. I see quite a few Thai men with large feet so there must be some stores that sell sizes larger than 46. 

I just ordered a pair of some generic trainers in size 49 off Lazada. I’ve yet to receive them so I can’t comment on the quality or if the sizes run true but Lazada has a liberal return policy so it might be worth checking there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a friend who 20 years ago was a teacher at an international school.  At 203cm and a size US 16 (49) shoe he didn't even bother with shoe shopping in Bangkok.  He just stocked up on shoes and some other clothes when on home leave.  There was no online shopping back then.

11 hours ago, John9 said:

I bought Adidas Trainers Size 47 from their Factory Outlets next to Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit Road Pattaya. There are many factory outlets their. Also bought slippers and sandals size 47 from shoes n handbags shop on Pattaya beach road  between Royal Mall and walking street. Sorry forgot the name of shop they have many branches but this shop stocks size 47.

Yes,  they are not too difficult to find in Pattaya. In the rest of Thailand,  forget it.

Thanks all for your suggestions. Shops in Central World and Central Chidlom all threw up their hands at 47.

So finally I ordered a pair of Rockport leather slipons size 13W from Amazon. The shoes cost $53.81 but with S&H and import duty (which I may or may not get back part of) I paid $115. Which comes to 4242b. which actually is competitive with the prices of imports that I saw in the malls. In facts, Ecco, my favorite brand, starts at around 5k here.

Only problem is if there is something wrong with the pair or if they don't fit then returning will be a pain in the backside.

Edited by Why Me

Wuvu2

The best solution I've found is ordering from Amazon in the USA and using a Thai forwarding company that includes a flat fee Thai customs tax.

Why bother with a Thai forwarding company if you are ordering from Amazon USA.  Unless it is from a shop that does not deliver to Thailand.  For shipping address shown in upper left, I click and note delivery is to Thailand.  I then do my search query so only items that can be delivered to Thailand will display along with shipping cost and customs deposit.

A few times, Amazon has refunded a small portion of the customs deposit when the duty was less than the deposit - so far, I've never been billed for any additional customs charges. 

Why Me

Only problem is if there is something wrong with the pair or if they don't fit then returning will be a pain in the backside.

True.  I have only ordered some house slippers through Amazon and fortunately they fit.  However, in the past I have ordered some shirts that didn't fit.  I didn't bother returning, just gave them away to someone who could wear them.

Edited by soisanuk

7 hours ago, Why Me said:

Thanks all for your suggestions. Shops in Central World and Central Chidlom all threw up their hands at 47.

So finally I ordered a pair of Rockport leather slipons size 13W from Amazon. The shoes cost $53.81 but with S&H and import duty (which I may or may not get back part of) I paid $115. Which comes to 4242b. which actually is competitive with the prices of imports that I saw in the malls. In facts, Ecco, my favorite brand, starts at around 5k here.

The mind boggles ... 4242b for a pair of leather slip-ons !!   with hope they fit !!

my present pair of leather slip-ons = 100% fits correctly as they were hand made, a mould is taken of each foot + weeks later a fitting was given, total cost 3,000 baht.  my  Leather Sandals cost 2,700  also hand made..  = downside take around 11 - 12 weeks before there ready.

Living here 18 years + 13 years in Portugal, gave up many moons ago trying to buy of the shelve size 47

I'm also 46-47, and indeed it's a challenge finding footwear here.  If you ever get down to Pattaya, the Outlet Mall at Sukhumvit / Thepprasit junction has a couple shoe stores in it.  Nike/Addidas and a couple others I believe.  The SportsStadium store sometimes has 46 sizes in stock as well on the corner of the mall.  There was a store located in basement under the SportsStadium also has larger sizes sometimes.

The downside to buying shoes at this place is they are always shoes from 1-2 years ago that have been sitting in storage, likely very hot storage.  I have found that the glues on these shoes fail more quickly than shoes I buy at home that are current production.  You can try re-gluing, but that only lasts so long as well.

6 hours ago, ignis said:

The mind boggles ... 4242b for a pair of leather slip-ons !!   with hope they fit !!

Hey, they are nice shoes!

306559762_Screenshot2022-07-25at15-15-33Amazon.comRockportmensEurekaPlusSliponOxfordBlack13WideUSLoafersSlip-Ons.jpg.7b3d5a5cff69db35f40bd04e0bceb97e.jpgI doubt you'll get something like this in a good brand for less in Bkk.

6 hours ago, soisanuk said:

However, in the past I have ordered some shirts that didn't fit.  I didn't bother returning, just gave them away to someone who could wear them.

I would prefer a refund on 4000+b. shoes that didn't fit. In fact, I called Amazon yesterday to ask about their international return policy. The agent said they would arrange it at no cost. But I am pretty sure I'll be out the import duty. We'll see. Fingers crossed. My current and only pair is worn down to where I can feel every tiny pebble on the road.