Bangkok Bank Required for Retirement Extension

On 7/23/2022 at 9:08 PM, Kopitiam said:

I wouldn't put money in a Bangkok Bank account for retirement extension when it takes a week to get a 12-month statement from the bank.  Other banks can give you the 12-month bank account statement on the spot, for example, SCB, etc.

Maybe it is slow getting a yearly statement, but in ALL other respects, I find BKK bank excellent, over 6years

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, KhunBENQ said:

You are writing about a different matter. Letter confirming account owner, account type and current balance ("bank letter").

But the other poster has to do the monthly transfer > 65k from abroad and needs a statement of transactions for the whole year to proof his transfers 

You are correctly pointing out the two different requirements.. 

On 7/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, arithai12 said:

You state that you need one week... amazing, but perhaps you want to share what city and branch?

I have since years a BKB 800k fixed deposit for retirement extensions, it takes no longer than 5 minutes to get the letter duly stamped, Immigration always happy with it. Chiang Mai.

Agree on the letter but some IO's require a 12 month statement that does take about one week to receive from their head office.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:52 AM, arithai12 said:

You state that you need one week... amazing, but perhaps you want to share what city and branch?

I have since years a BKB 800k fixed deposit for retirement extensions, it takes no longer than 5 minutes to get the letter duly stamped, Immigration always happy with it. Chiang Mai.

The Bangkok Bank main bank on Silom requires 3 to 5 business days for a 12 month statement.