Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Lets keep it in perspective .

Its not an end to "free movement" , there have just been some temporary delays , mainly due to checking travellers vaccination status and flight cancellations 

Counting how many days in the EU, no more than 90 out of a 180, checking each passport is valid for more than 6 months, stamping each passport. It all adds up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Because they were illegal immigrants in France, you know, have a camp site that the French ignore.......????

Actually, for quite a long stretch the French were employing quite brutal means to break up those encampments and haul away the residents. But apparently they lost their appetite for the cruelty.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

Drones would be no use, they're afraid of barking dogs. Liz Truss said so in Parliament.

That is not true .

Liz Truss suggested that dogs could be used to spot and stop drones being used to take contraband into UK prisons , train prison  guard dogs to bark when they see drones flying into UK jails , is what she said

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Because they were illegal immigrants in France, you know, have a camp site that the French ignore.......????

So instead of spending resources on chasing and arresting them they let them set of to the UK, the same place that recently gave them (and the rest of the EU) the finger.

I tell you, the French are geniuses. Vive la France!????

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

No, my country pays a lot to the EU every year and we get a lot back in the form of full and free access to the common market. It's great, you should try it!:welcomeani:

We did, but we prefer freedom to do what we want and not what others want, but, perhaps you have always been controlled by others, eh..  ????

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

100 %

The French could accept all the illegal immigrants back into France , anyone caught by the British in the sea , be returned back to France , that would stop them trying to leave in the first place 

Who would return them?

So instead of spending resources on chasing and arresting them they let them set of to the UK, the same place that recently gave them (and the rest of the EU) the finger.

I must assume you are French then.....????

• Haha 1

The French also allowed them to travel to the UK before Brexit .

2 minutes ago, transam said:

We did, but we prefer freedom to do what we want and not what others want, but, perhaps you have always been controlled by others, eh..  ????

It's inspiring that you and your fellow believers are rejecting materialism. In your own way, you turn out to be Greenies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Nothing to do with what I said but that's true, I suppose. The creation of the EU has resulted in an increased security threat to the UK, member or not. The Schengen system was both poorly designed and abused.

The EU a ‘security threat’ to the UK???? 

I don't recall there any delays in Brits obtaining entry to France in 1944 when 150 000 Brits  went across the Channel , dont recall ever hearing about the French authorities checking everyones passports back then

The Invasion of Normandy in World War II (D-Day)

Blame the Germans instead of the French…….

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Oddly enough, I'm gonna take the word of the executive of the Port of Dover over the report of your anonymous friend.

Yes , he blamed the French side for being understaffed 

"The Port of Dover Chief Executive Doug Bannister has blasted French authorities for the traffic queues seen at Dover today. Speaking to Sky News, Mr Bannister said that French authorities had only provided half of the required staff needed at the border.

When pressed on who was to blame, Mr Bannister responded: "We don't know why there were insufficient resources deployed from the French border control.

"We had shared with them what are resourcing requirements were and we had about half the number overnight.

"There are insufficient French officers on the ground. We don't know why this has happened."

He added that the port had been “badly let down” by French border controls."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1644402/Port-of-Dover-latest-news-updates-queues-France-Channel-border-holidays-vn

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes , he blamed the French side for being understaffed 

"The Port of Dover Chief Executive Doug Bannister has blasted French authorities for the traffic queues seen at Dover today. Speaking to Sky News, Mr Bannister said that French authorities had only provided half of the required staff needed at the border.

When pressed on who was to blame, Mr Bannister responded: "We don't know why there were insufficient resources deployed from the French border control.

"We had shared with them what are resourcing requirements were and we had about half the number overnight.

"There are insufficient French officers on the ground. We don't know why this has happened."

He added that the port had been “badly let down” by French border controls."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1644402/Port-of-Dover-latest-news-updates-queues-France-Channel-border-holidays-vn

I never claimed that the consequences of Brexit were the only reason. And neither did Bannister.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

No, they're stuck in passport lines cursing the Brexiteers.

Another Brexit plus!
The irony of French bloody mindedness sticking it to the very Remainers who would have had us shackled to the EU, just so they could nip across to the villa for the school holidays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And if you ask really nicely I think they will let you back in and I'm pretty sure the French (and others) will make the process as smooth and non-humiliating as possible.????

Of course you will, missing all that lovely UK cash that you will have to find....????

Passports have always been checked , people from all over the World on various passports travel between U.K and France 

True. UK has never been part of the Schengen Agreement, so travellers between the UK and the other EU countries have always been subject to passport checks.