Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

That would be funny if the overall situation was funny....but it isn't.

Which supermarket is it ?

If its close to me , I will go and take a look myself . 

Sometimes there are delays with deliveries , but its wrong to suggest there are mass food shortages and all the supermarket shelves are empty , even your photos show shelves that are half full 

20 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

PHOTO-2022-07-07.jpg.b81c20ebb28f4818133c2f53f463d8fe.jpg

A picture....

a photo speaks more then words.... do feel sorry for the ones who voted against Brexit as they are (unfortunately) suffering the consequences as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Sometimes there are delays with deliveries , but its wrong to suggest there are mass food shortages and all the supermarket shelves are empty , even your photos show shelves that are half full 

are half empty or half full which one fits you  555

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

a photo speaks more then words.... do feel sorry for the ones who voted against Brexit as they are (unfortunately) suffering the consequences as well

Yes, people buy things , then the shelves become empty and at night the shelves are refilled  ready for the next day 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We DID try it, we didnt like it and we left 

yeahhh and look where (The UK) you are now .... are you in the UK at present, I doubt but I could be wrong, on a daily basis I talk to people living there and their feed back is not good... some hoping that Truss will take them back in

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

yeahhh and look where (The UK) you are now .... are you in the UK at present, I doubt but I could be wrong, on a daily basis I talk to people living there and their feed back is not good... some hoping that Truss will take them back in

Yes, I am in the U.K now and I haven't heard the mention of Brexit , everyone seems to have moved on and just getting on with life

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

yeahhh and look where (The UK) you are now .... are you in the UK at present, I doubt but I could be wrong, on a daily basis I talk to people living there and their feed back is not good

I'm in the UK now and have been since March 2022, no problems in Aldi, Tesco and Morrisons in my town. Always been able to get exactly what I require.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Probably not close to you:

"There are empty shelves in supermarkets in many Counties .

Here in Canada for example , empty shelves in supermarkets

Its a World problem caused by Covid and Ukraine . "

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Interesting question. He just mentioned he is in UK, 1 hour ago said 'here in Canada ...".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, people buy things , then the shelves become empty and at night the shelves are refilled  ready for the next day 

No, supermarkets don't wait with refilling till the shelves are empty.

Just now, stevenl said:

Probably not close to you:

"There are empty shelves in supermarkets in many Counties .

Here in Canada for example , empty shelves in supermarkets

Its a World problem caused by Covid and Ukraine . "

I did  mean "Here in Canada" as a reference to where the shop in the link that I posted  is , rather than where I am myself .( *Here in this shop in Canada*, is what I meant ) 

I am in the U.K , where is the empty shelved supermarket?  so I can get a second opinion .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

No, supermarkets don't wait with refilling till the shelves are empty.

My local supermarket refills the shelves at night , they have delivery time  restrictions and can only get deliveries at night and refill the shelves when deliveries arrive (at night)

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Which would be money effectively from the UK in any case, like all the other money distributed by the EU, who don't really have any of their own. 

You sure about that?  

image.png.7b06cf131f8750f2356b3b9492decceb.png

image.png.4cd6f082d75a8bffa805ab17e6e468fc.png

I've only included the net contributors to save space.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48256318

Edited by placeholder
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

Yes, or get a visa, now where do I have to do that.....????

I'd hazard a guess that if you want a visa for say Spain, a good place to start looking would be the local Spanish embassy/ consulate.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Why would the French deliberately create the queues?

Because they're like that. You'd have to ask one of them for the full details though. Why didn't they come in to work? Why haven't they fixed the glitch? Will they be going on again strike soon? Maybe it's all part of  plan for their own working conditions - who knows?  

• Like 1

Just another EU tactic encourage the break up our union, which is what the EU wanted ultimately, and yet another solid reason to leave. 

You mean all those 40 or so years the EU was really plotting to break up the UK? It is to laugh.

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Dont worry, we have plenty of space here to post the full graph 

EU budget 2017: Net contributions/receipts. .  .

But apparently not enough to reproduce the more telling per capita version which shows how much is contributed per citizen. For example, The Netherlands, with about 1/4 the UK population, contributed half as much in toto. Germany, Europe's biggest economy, also giave more per capita than did the UK.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

But apparently not enough to reproduce the more telling per capita version which shows how much is contributed per citizen. For example, The Netherlands, with about 1/4 the UK population, contributes half as much in toto. Germany, Europe's biggest economy, also gives more per capita than does the UK.

I am struggling to remember the E.U situation , as it was years ago 

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Because they're like that. You'd have to ask one of them for the full details though. Why didn't they come in to work? Why haven't they fixed the glitch? Will they be going on again strike soon? Maybe it's all part of  plan for their own working conditions - who knows?  

The border officials are not on strike or in dispute. And why aren't nationals of other countries complaining?

• Like 1

Which would be money effectively from the UK in any case, like all the other money distributed by the EU, who don't really have any of their own. Just another EU tactic encourage the break up our union, which is what the EU wanted ultimately, and yet another solid reason to leave. 

Come to think of it, doesn't that make the case even worse for the UK? It's saving all that money but can't even match the contributions that came from the EU.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Saved some for you:

So you managed to take a snap at the shelf stackers' tea break, or just before they were cleaning fridges. Its all still spin to try and portray doom and gloom.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Come to think of it, doesn't that make the case even worse for the UK? It's saving all that money but can't even match the contributions that came from the EU.

Nothing came from the EU. It was only a small fraction of our own massive contributions being allowed to return for EU vanity projects.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It should be abundantly clear now that Brexit has not provided the much-lauded benefits some believed it would ....

Please show some patience. It will take time as this article shows (although I wouldn't discount the strong probability that this article is more fiction peddled by the bias left-wing media).

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1562981/brexit-news-jacob-rees-mogg-boris-johnson-cabinet-reshuffle-guy-verhofstadt-tweet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

It most definitely will, but not for your reason, mon amis......????

Not only do you accuse the French of all sorts of grave derelictions of duty, but you misspell their language as well?

C'est une déclaration de guerre! (This means war!)

• Haha 1