Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

5 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

soon to be introduced....

The new bio-metric system.

The Entry/Exit System (EES) will be an automated system that will be used to register travellers from third countries each time they cross an EU external border, SchengenVisaInfo.comreports.

Once it starts being functional in September, the system will protect the Schengen zone.

In full respect of fundamental rights and data protection, the system will register the person’s name, type of travel document, biometric data (fingerprints and captures facial images), as well as the date and place of entry and exit. In addition, the system will also record entry refusals.

The data will be gathered at land crossings, seaports, and air and then will be shared with the relevant government agencies.

In reports I have seen so far, Brexiters havent realised the Etias scheme is Not a visitor permit being forced on us by Eu. As others have commented, our Government suggested it as a security/vetting document, valid for 3 years, to be used by non Eu member visitors to visit Eu member countries.

The biometric system has been delayed because the UK couldn't handle it, just like the import checks on goods from the EU that sail through Customs.

A smuggler's paradise!.

What was that about taking control of the borders? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

soon to be introduced....

The new bio-metric system.

The Entry/Exit System (EES) will be an automated system that will be used to register travellers from third countries each time they cross an EU external border, SchengenVisaInfo.comreports.

Once it starts being functional in September, the system will protect the Schengen zone.

In full respect of fundamental rights and data protection, the system will register the person’s name, type of travel document, biometric data (fingerprints and captures facial images), as well as the date and place of entry and exit. In addition, the system will also record entry refusals.

The data will be gathered at land crossings, seaports, and air and then will be shared with the relevant government agencies.

In reports I have seen so far, Brexiters havent realised the Etias scheme is Not a visitor permit being forced on us by Eu. As others have commented, our Government suggested it as a security/vetting document, valid for 3 years, to be used by non Eu member visitors to visit Eu member countries.

We already have them at Heathrow , have had them for years now .

They are machines that take the place of immigration officers 

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We already have them at Heathrow , have had them for years now .

They are machines that take the place of immigration officers 

But using them at ports will be time consuming as every occupant of a vehicle has to get out to be scanned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

This is on UK ground and it was not the French who asked but the port Dover. Anyway if you don't know anything about it its better to remain silent. This is again your own fault and like always your politicians blame others. You politicians are fast beginning to be the laughingstock of the world. 

Really, is that your Dutch world, or you have links for the worlds opinion on it..?

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

This is on UK ground and it was not the French who asked but the port Dover. Anyway if you don't know anything about it its better to remain silent. This is again your own fault and like always your politicians blame others. You politicians are fast beginning to be the laughingstock of the world. 

No, The actual delays were in Calais , which is in France and the Calais delays caused tailbacks in Dover .

The delay was caused by France and the French immigration officers 

Hypocritical of you to accuse others of not accepting responsibility and blaming others, when its you who is the one doing that 

France is to blame for the delays and they are blaming Brexit for their own incompetence 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

But using them at ports will be time consuming as every occupant of a vehicle has to get out to be scanned. 

In life , the main object ISNT to get things done as quick as possible .

If people would have to get out of their cars , they would have to add five minutes onto their nine hour journey times 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Jobs have been created though  , all those new jobs created for people checking all the documents and stamping them (New jobs created , if France would actually get the staff in to do the jobs)

All a cost to business, all a drain on the UK’s already feeble productivity.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry but if you go through my post you will see that a large majority has nothing to do with the UK at all. So he is wrong. No matter how you want to see it its just a lie.

You have a bad memory, how many times have I pulled you up for trashing the UK, and it seems I am not the only one pointing it out...????

Remember, the UK populace voted to leave the EU, not you, a Dutch bloke.

It is still early day's in the transition, in this case it is the French causing the problem, so stay focused on the facts, please......

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, he misunderstood what I meant , but yeah , my fault for not initially explaining my self properly 

come on, you got caught, let it go, no biggy it happens to everyone 555

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thunglom said:

the arguments are above - it would appear you are incapable of grasping them - but I suppose you have a counter argument?

Above, like pie in the sky? I remember one annoying poster from previous Brexit threads, who favoured the regular and pretentious use of Latin initialisms, is that you? 

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

come on, you got caught, let it go, no biggy it happens to everyone 555

Do read the thread , as I have already explained twice already in this thread , "Here (in this shop )  in Canada" was a reference to the location of the shop in the link I provided and it wasn't a reference to my own location 

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

More pointless self inflicted financial costs on the UK economy.

How's it going with that search for 50,000 new UK Customs Officers? 

Going fine thanks , can be paid out of the 11 Billion Pounds we previously paid to the E.U every year

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I like to take others at their word.

Your words were Crystal clear.  ???? 

There again, perhaps you don’t know where you are.

As I have previously stated , my post wasn't clear and it could easily have been misunderstood .

Yes, I should have written *Here in this shop in Canada* above the link I provided , rather than just "here in Canada" above the link .

I can see where people got confused 

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I thought that was being given to the NHS, farmers, local regions or was it chums of the Government?

In reality it’s being added to the operating costs of British business.

These are direct costs of Brexit.

Yes, things are different because of Brexit .

Checks at borders need to be done .

There have been numerous changes .

That is what we wanted and that is what we voted for .

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, things are different because of Brexit .

Checks at borders need to be done .

There have been numerous changes .

That is what we wanted and that is what we voted for .

and what most would now vote to roll back.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

These polls are in landslide territory

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/

51 % is hardly a landside victory , slight up on the 48 % who voted at the Brexit poll to remain .

The slight change from 48 % to 51 % would have been because all those Brexit voted who died , so peoples opinions haven't changed .

As I said 51 % is too close to call and not decisive enough