Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, transam said:

No, I never said so, those in the know said so that proved it, and it wasn't you.............????

care to provide some names, addresses and while there maybe some phone numbers as well... always making us laugh with your silly stuff but thanks for the good spirit  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Tell that to the British employees of P&O Ferries that were fired while their EU member colleagues were protected by EU law.

Just curious........

Is this a complaint that some people got fired while others did not.........

.......or.........

...........is it a complaint that some people didn't  get fired, when they should have been?

See, if the EU is preventing people who deserve to get fired from getting fired........... I can't consider that a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But is the British Government going to take the first step to solving a problem by admitting what is causing it?

I am with you and honestly don't know who will take the first step but someone has too or the UK will go down to a point of no return..... maybe Truss as she was a remainer, maybe some others at the Conserv, somebody has to have the balls to call things by their name

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Just curious........

Is this a complaint that some people got fired while others did not.........

.......or.........

...........is it a complaint that some people didn't  get fired, when they should have been?

See, if the EU is preventing people who deserve to get fired from getting fired........... I can't consider that a good thing.

It’s not a complaint, it’s an observation that British workers have fewer rights than their EU colleagues in the same company (despite the UK having paid £millions to that company in furlough payments).

A very practical example of the impact of Brexit on ordinary working Brits.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But is the British Government going to take the first step to solving a problem by admitting what is causing it?

"English Government" Chomper, I'm not sure the Scots and Ulstermen are all that engaged of late. ????

And the Welsh, bless them, have been burning down the toffs "weekenders" forever! ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It may personally be a "disaster" for you , as you now cannot get free health treatment or stay in the U.K as long as you like , but it hasn't been a disaster for the U.K .

A few initial teething problems, but nothing much has changed .

Although there does seem to be a huge decline in young Eastern Europeans applying for properties whilst claiming  housing benefit (from the U.K Government) 

Have you got a link to back up your claims regarding ‘east Europeans’?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The cause of the delay was problems with French immigration , they didn't have enough staff to process all the travellers (even though they were told to expect more travellers due to the U.K school holidays) 

So, this was caused by the French 

Yeah, I got drunk and disorderly even though it was a very bad idea, I wanted to just show them all that I was my own man, beholden to none. As a result, the police arrested me, so it's all the police's fault I was bladdered and busted. 

Right!????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

wouldn't expect anything else from you   555

Well, who else can have an internet link to their own personal experience ?

Am I the only one who is unable to do so .

How do you manage to get an internet link to your own experiences ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh I see, you still have the old mentality that its the Irish, Welsh and Scots verses the English ?

Those days have long gone and its just a few old dinosaurs who still have those divisions 

have to disagree with you.... currently it's very up to date, that's correct that it was a little bit on the snoozing side for a while but thanks to the actions of some Conserv (will not name any but you know who they are 555) it's back on the day to day activities 

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not a complaint, it’s an observation that British workers have fewer rights than their EU colleagues in the same company (despite the UK having paid £millions to that company in furlough payments).

A very practical example of the impact of Brexit on ordinary working Brits.

If the Brits got fired, it suggests they did something to deserve it.

If the EU workers did the same things, they ALSO deserved to get fired.

If the EU workers did not get fired for something that justified firing........ that's not a "right" or a "benefit." That's just horrendously bad policy.

This would be an example of EU laws doing harm, not good. No one should get to keep a job that they deserve to lose.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see you are feeling particularly snide this morning.

Millions of people in the UK unable to afford regular meals is not something to laugh about.

It is however something you feel to be humorous and worthy of your cross thread trolling.

Tell us again how you love your country but find it laughable that people who live there rely on food banks to get the food they need.

Quite. An all-English patriot who doesn't live there and doesn't want to. The epitome of hypocrisy, in other words.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It may personally be a "disaster" for you , as you now cannot get free health treatment or stay in the U.K as long as you like , but it hasn't been a disaster for the U.K .

A few initial teething problems, but nothing much has changed .

Although there does seem to be a huge decline in young Eastern Europeans applying for properties whilst claiming  housing benefit (from the U.K Government) 

I'm a British Citizen. I was born there as were at least ten generations on my mother's side, Dad was born there too, his side is part Irish, Baltic (Prussian) and Scandinavian, I know this through DNA, but those roots are lost in time. 

Brexit cost billions more than the EU membership ever cost, new trade agreements with distant lands worth  0. of lost trade with the EU.

Small businesses going to the wall because of red tape costs the Tories are on record saying would never happen. Farmers crops rotting because all those foreign welfare thief's can't come over and do the jobs Brits won't, a vast channel truckport had to be built, with blazing floodlights keeping half the county awake at night, never mind the cost of that energy alone. All just teething problems!

You'll lap up any tripe the Barclays, Dacres, and Murdochs of the world tell you. 

While the UK just sinks deeper into the ooze of some nationalist claptrap from the Churchill era. 

All you have left is the warm glow of going it alone. I hope it keeps you warm in the years ahead because it's going to get very cold outside. And this holiday tailback is just a foretaste. It's never getting better.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The right to live and work in any of the EU nations (the UK’s largest trading partner).

The right to health services across the EU.

The protection of EU laws on matters of workers rights.

The rights to direct appeal to the EU on matters of environmental protection.

To name but a few.

But they are why we voted Leave. 

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But if the UK took back control, how come is it the French can cause such problems.

If the UK is in control  are in control, the UK can sort this out all by itself.

No. If a person crosses an international border, then both sides of the border will be involved in processing those people crossing the border .

The U.K has no control over French immigration or their staff 

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh I see, you still have the old mentality that its the Irish, Welsh and Scots verses the English ?

Those days have long gone and its just a few old dinosaurs who still have those divisions 

Dinosaurs? Please. Your lame stab at a rebuttal is embarrassing you. The Scots were halfway out the door long before Brexit mate.

We don't hate the English, we just don't want to be run by Westminster any more than you want to be run by Brussels old chap! 

????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Yeah, I got drunk and disorderly even though it was a very bad idea, I wanted to just show them all that I was my own man, beholden to none. As a result, the police arrested me, so it's all the police's fault I was bladdered and busted. 

Right!????

It is after all, always somebody else’s fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

Dinosaurs? Please. Your lame stab at a rebuttal is embarrassing you. The Scots were halfway out the door long before Brexit mate.

We don't hate the English, we just don't want to be run by Westminster any more than you want to be run by Brussels old chap! 

????

Are you unaware that Westminster has elected Politicians serving from all over the U.K and not just England ?

Scottish, Irish and Welsh Politicians all work at Westminster .

Actually, Scots , Irish and Welsh all have their own individual  Parliaments  and its just the English who don't have their own individual Parliaments .

Scots, Irish and Welsh have a say in how England is run , but England has no say in how their independents parliaments are run 

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

But they are why we voted Leave. 

(Text of the original post to which you replied below)

So the 'Leave' vote was a vote to give up rights?

Is that the view of the other Brexit supporting posters here?

_------------------------

The right to live and work in any of the EU nations (the UK’s largest trading partner).

The right to health services across the EU.

The protection of EU laws on matters of workers rights.

The rights to direct appeal to the EU on matters of environmental protection.

To name but a few.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1