Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

35 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Nope, there is no visa. You are just making it up as you go along. The figures to March 2022 do not show six million given pre-settled and settled status. Are you unable to comprehend what you are reading? I explained it earlier.

There very definitely is a visa. Two in fact, the LTR and ILR are proper visa stamps which go in their passport. They also get a biometric card (BRP) just like any other settlement applicants. 
Are you having difficulty in comprehension because it’s all in English?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

I accept that it's a relative minor issue, but in the absence of anyone being willing/ able to explain the bigger Brexit benefits, it begs the question why we bothered to leave the EU?

Its off topic and the posts gets deleted .

And reposting deleted posts can lead to a suspension 

Can you not understand that ?

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Brexiters knowingly voted for something that made it more difficult to attract the required labour to the country?

And that's sound economic policy?

I think it was more the perception of 'those bloody' foreigners having it far too good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Traffic at Port of Dover and Eurotunnel 'flowing well' despite surge in summer getaway travel

The Port of Dover and Eurotunnel say traffic is flowing well despite a surge in bookings for the summer getaway.

The second busiest weekend of the year for cross-channel traffic has got off to a smooth start, despite fears that Dover might see a repeat of the chaos last weekend.

The port's CEO Doug Bannister said: "During the course of the week we spent a lot of time talking to partners and with police, and I'm so grateful and relieved they've stepped up in the way that they have. They've responded so well from a local level, all the way through to leadership, to make sure that we sure that had the resources.

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2022-07-29/traffic-flowing-well-at-dover-despite-surge-in-summer-getaway-travel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

The referendum went that way not because of what appeared like uncontrolled migration(Syrians etc at that point because of yet another war) and the lies perpetrated by the usual suspects.

But it seems yourself and mick are struggling to point out any positive effect of Brexit beyond the migration issue and even with that....is it any less than it was?

Uncontrolled migration by EU nationals up to 2016 was one of the reasons. Impending increases of more migrants like Merkel's millions, plus new EU countries like Turkey cemented that sentiment for Leave. The lies from the usual suspects were all from the Remain side, but the majority saw through them. How did so many Remainers fall for the hysteria and how do they still believe it? I'm still waiting for the Armageddon and the sky to fall in like Chicken Liken. 

The trouble for the Elites, Europhiles and Europeans was that they were (and still are) so out of touch with the UK's mood.

So there are four Brexit positives for you to add to your list: End of uncontrolled EU migration; none of Merkel's millions; no new EU scroungers; and the sky didn't fall in.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Uncontrolled migration by EU nationals up to 2016 was one of the reasons.

Why wasn't it controlled when we had the power to do so? Can't blame the EU for that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Good news for travellers.

I'm sure that you will agree that it's pretty impressive how quickly the French managed to sort out the problems at their end.

Yes, it only took them two days to realise that if they don't open all their immigration booths , then there would be delays , even though they had been told to expect more traffic due to UK School holidays  a few weeks preciously .

Incompetence or impressive ?

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Blair didn't help one little bit, that's true. But even with full freedom of movement, you can be required to leave a country after 90 days if you aren't in full employment. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, it only took them two days to realise that if they don't open all their immigration booths , then there would be delays , even though they had been told to expect more traffic due to UK School holidays  a few weeks preciously .

Incompetence or impressive ?

The French do like to go on holiday en masse in July and August, so maybe more notice was needed.

Anyway, I'm sure that you are aware just how problematic borders  (or non-borders) can be. Look at the one between the UK and the RoI (or is it GB and the RoI or GB and the RoI & NI).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

The country was, and still is, split down the middle in case you hadn't noticed.

I noticed that there’s still half of you who still believe the europhile propaganda. Sad but true. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Turkey is a new member of the EU.

Not yet but coming soon. So glad they won’t be coming here. 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson, Rees Mogg and their chums to be the very Elite you keep banging on about.

Weren’t they Leavers?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘New EU countries like Turkey’

Is that one of those lies you are referring to?

All the Remainer lies. Even those you keep trying to propagate even now, like Dover delays being due to Brexit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

I noticed that there’s still half of you who still believe the europhile propaganda. Sad but true. 

Better that than the xenophobic drivel you embrace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bannork said:

Turkey still hasn't joined the EU.

Yet. But they will. 

Merkel's millions came from Syria, nothing to do with the EU.

Do you really believe she didn’t invite a million Syrians into the EU with the idea she would keep them all in Germany and not distribute around the EU??

The sky has fallen in

Nope. Still there when I looked today. 

Of the Big 6 energy companies, only British Gas remains under British ownership.

The record profits such as recorded by EDF for example, are all going to France which has a cap on gas price increases of 4% a year.

And you think the EU would rule against European companies taking billions from Treasure Island?? Maggie should have rescued us from the EU years ago. 

• Sad 1