Nearly one in three Americans say it may soon be necessary to take up arms against the government

onthedarkside

Best to take away all online social media from everyone and restrict the internet to govt and business information and services, news information only and email communication.

If people want to communicate their their viewpoint they do it in an email, by phone or letter.

Then everyone will calm down.

Edited by userabcd

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

28% of 1000 polled, 280 people of the 350ish million Yanks

or 0.00008% ????  ... stop already

37% of those 28% (108 people) actually own guns.  Watch out Wash DC ????

https://uchicagopolitics.opalstacked.com/uploads/homepage/Polarization-Poll.pdf

the guardian ran that little tidbit last month.  that's embarrassing they are down to rag level, with the mail & sun.

with the hill regurgitating it yesterday.  think I'll stick to the news that isn't allowed here.

This is a poll, aka survey. A poll doesn't ask 100% of the population. That's called an election. The way things are going in the US, the next will be settled by shoot out. That should clear the air.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

No, it's unconstitutional.

Realistic it would never occur anyway. Red states can't afford to seceed.

So in aggregate, the federal government transfers wealth from the blue states to the red states.

Blue staters, on the other hand, ease the consumption gap by saving more and purchasing durable goods. Of course, poorer households often cannot save and thus must rely on fiscal transfers, so this red state-blue state gap might just be the result of wealth disparities between the two cohorts.

https://blogs.cfainstitute.org/investor/2018/03/13/red-states-blue-states-two-economies-one-nation/

Not entirely correct. A state CAN secede if a majority of the remaining states agree. Will that ever happen? I highly doubt it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

as a Yank i agree nearly 1 in 3 Americans are idiots--We call them MAGA.....

I wonder how realistic this is, i mean this is crazy. Taking arms up against the government. Are they sore election losers or what ? I mean Trump did not do much good with inciting the public. 

What a mess hope its less bad then it sounds.

Edited by robblok

The question is pretty loaded.  When they say "government," who are they referring to?  The military?  DOJ?  USAID?  Police?  Fireman?  Postal workers?  IRS?  VA doctors?  FDA?  It's pretty vast.

I'd say that I largely trust career government employees.  But these politicians in Congress and at the state level?  If they're Republican, probably not trust-worthy.  Republicans these days seem to have great difficulty just telling the truth. 

• Like 2

It's motivated by identity politics and a sense of entitlement. It's most certainly not motivated by a love of democracy, or truth, or a desire to make the playing field fair for everyone. In fact, just the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

Absolutely. It is precisely for this situation that our founding fathers affirmed our right to keep and bear arms.

The US would be more safe if it were these arms to which the founding fathers referred

Arms clipart - Clipground

• Like 1

And can you imagine the anarchy that follows if they are successful.

It will turn them into a laughing stock and set them back 200 years with numbskulls running the place.

The corruption is in wall street and the big corporations and the 1% of their citizens who hold 99% of the wealth.

Edited by Andycoops
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Not entirely correct. A state CAN secede if a majority of the remaining states agree. Will that ever happen? I highly doubt it.

The Constitution makes no provision for secession.

• Thanks 1

Oh right, so one in three Americans are morons. are unstable and have unacceptably low IQ, and who clearly think they live in Russia or North Korea,  that is quite a statistic.  Of course, with the evidence of who they voting in for their last 2 Presidents,  their propensity to kill their children in school shootings, and cops that kill unarmed people at the drop of a hat, we knew that already. 

• Like 1