Thai ID card

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's high time the Thai govt. created a proper ID for foreign westerners, rather than use the pink non-Thai ID meant for migrant workers. 

To this I would agree. And then stop the annual extension of stay BS.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, Bobbie Davies said:

Let people argue all they want. Here’s the deal. Every Immigration office is a little different. The same with every agent. Take everything Yellow Book included as well as your wife, a copy of her information and all your information, including your drivers license from your home country. That way if they ask, which they might or might not do, this is Thailand after all, you have it ready to hand. Don’t hand them anything they don’t ask for. But seriously, if you are doing this for free medical care not going to happen. Might help with double pricing in some places though.

Immigration will never ask for yellow housebook or DL. Totally irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well I used mine to register for my first vaccines here in Thailand as the system accepted my 13 digit non Thai ID number.  I showed it at the hospital when I checked in to get the first vaccination and my Mor Prom App is set to it as well. My yellow vaccination book I picked up in November also shows my 13 digit number on it.

But is was not required - you could do the same with any passport and they provided a 13 digit number based on that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well I used mine to register for my first vaccines here in Thailand as the system accepted my 13 digit UD number.  I showed it at the hospital when I checked in to get the first vaccination and my Mor Prom App is set to it as well. My yellow vaccination book I picked up in November also shows my 13 digit number on it.

Ah, fair enough, but there are different rules for Westerners to migrant workers, who have more rights, yet still discriminated against. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No, the migrant workers can get Social Security with this card, other foreigners can't.  Also, can use it as official ID, like when getting a Covid vaccine, Westerners can't. 

Migrant workers get social security because they are working, not because they have a non Thai citizen ID card.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But is was not required - you could do the same with any passport and they provided a 13 digit number based on that.

At the time you could not as the system used only the 13 digit ID numbers. It was only after an uproar about all needing to be vaccinated that they closed the initial registration and created another registration stream that included foreigners. Many who registered like I did got an appointment and many when they showed up were told it was for Thai only and this created problems.  I registered and did not have a problem, just had to wait a month for my appointment.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Of course. Go forth my son and sin no more.

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No, it is dependent on their non-Thai pink ID card. 

The system has changed. No more Pink ID cards are being handed out as a work permit. They are now issuing a blue book that a new entry is put into as for the time it is good until needing to be renewed.  It also has a page where they stamp the medical insurance requirement. 

1656738221907.thumb.jpg.98d345f4d71b7dcabb471cec83d74fd3.jpg

1658373795128.jpg

1656738512526.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I read on a Thai site. 

if you manage to find a link that would be great, as a foreigner worker here I did not need pink card to get social security.

Am keen to understand why migrant workers do.

I wonder if it is something to do with coming into the country undocumented or something ?

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 2:25 PM, crazykopite said:

Thai ID card will not give you free medical I can tell you that from experience and since the government opened up a free for all to allow government hospitals to charge what they want the prices have at least doubled if not trebled hope you’ve got deep pockets if your near a private hospital it might be a good idea to get a quote as now days the charges are similar 

No they are not,not even close,1 night in a private hospital 120k baht 3 nights in govt hospital plus all meds for 3 months about 30k private hospital i baby asprin 27baht

On 7/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Nope, your pink Thai ID does NOT give you ANY free perks, specifically not in the health area.

It does but not in the way the OP thinks. With a Thai ID card you can participate in government initiatives such as the free flu jab program and mobile health check ups.

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Immigration will never ask for yellow housebook or DL. Totally irrelevant.

I was asked for my yellow book the first time I did a 12 month extension in 2014, submitted it as a matter of course ever since.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

It does but not in the way the OP thinks. With a Thai ID card you can participate in government initiatives such as the free flu jab program and mobile health check ups.

With a Thai ID card you can buy land! You mean Non-Thai ID card.

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

With a Thai ID card you can buy land! You mean Non-Thai ID card.

Of course it is a Thai ID card or are you trying to say that the 13 digit ID number comes from a different system specifically for Non-Thais.

The ID card is incorporated into the Thai system, being pink it has no chip and the number on it indicates a Non-Thai national.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Of course it is a Thai ID card or are you trying to say that the 13 digit ID number comes from a different system specifically for Non-Thais.

The ID card is incorporated into the Thai system, being pink it has no chip and the number on it indicates a Non-Thai national.

image.png.a1146c1c1ccf8a0d56ade7926d4a0b12.png

It is stated quite clearly on the from of the card! It is not a Thai ID card.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, Neeranam said:

image.png.a1146c1c1ccf8a0d56ade7926d4a0b12.png

It is stated quite clearly on the from of the card! It is not a Thai ID card.

Stupid argument, it is a Thai ID card produced by the Thai authorities for the identification of Non-Thai nationals.

• Like 1