Thai ID card

4 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Absolutely false statement. CW accepts my Yellow TB as proof of residence for the last 10 years of extensions. Also, the TDL accepts it for DL renewal in BKK.

CW accepts TM-30 receipt for proof of residence - and that is a required document - so no need for Yellow Book for that office.  As for DL have no renewal myself.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Absolutely false statement. CW accepts my Yellow TB as proof of residence for the last 10 years of extensions.

"proof of residence" is not required to apply for an extension, all they want regarding this is the TM30 receipt, which you probably provide as well.

As I said, next time you apply for an extension hand in the same documents as last time, but don't don't give them the yellow book, you will see that they won't ask for it, because it's not required.

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

"proof of residence" is not required to apply for an extension, all they want regarding this is the TM30 receipt, which you probably provide as well.

As I said, next time you apply for an extension hand in the same documents as last time, but don't don't give them the yellow book, you will see that they won't ask for it, because it's not required.

Over the past 10 years of extensions at CW the IO has always required proof of residence and only once asked for TM 30. My experience, maybe not yours.

22 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Over the past 10 years of extensions at CW the IO has always required proof of residence and only once asked for TM 30. My experience, maybe not yours.

I have about 20 such extensions and have never been asked for anything at CW - have no lease as live with wife - extension is for retirement so she not with me and no marriage information provided - until they required TM-30 about 4 years ago nothing was asked other than map to home and now they just copy that receipt and 90 day report receipt.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Let people argue all they want. Here’s the deal. Every Immigration office is a little different. The same with every agent. Take everything Yellow Book included as well as your wife, a copy of her information and all your information, including your drivers license from your home country. That way if they ask, which they might or might not do, this is Thailand after all, you have it ready to hand. Don’t hand them anything they don’t ask for. But seriously, if you are doing this for free medical care not going to happen. Might help with double pricing in some places though.

20 hours ago, userabcd said:

The pink ID card basically does not confer any benefits for a temporary foreigner on visa extensions that a Thai citizen would enjoy despite what they may think. Sometimes some get lucky with it.

Earlier this year to renew my 5-year I used my yellow book in lieu of residency certificate at the Chonburi DLT. The lucky part was not even having to take an eye test or reaction test. I was out in about 20 minutes.????

20 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Yes, a government hospital is cheaper than a private hospital. This has nothing to do with the pink id card.

You could have registered at the government hospital with your passport and would have paid the same.

Merely hot air, since you don't really know. There have been reports of not having to pay the foreigner surcharge at some hsps if one used a pink ID to register at the hsp.

I get free healthcare from Thai SS (well, I pay B450 or so per month), but I also re-registered at the local gov't hsps nearby for times I don't want to bother traveling to my registered hospital. Worth doing if it works; if not, they're still cheap and for anything major I'll use SS.

3 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

I don't submit any TM30 receipt, just a copy of my pink card.

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

There is no free Medical Treatment for Foreigner in Thailand, with or without Pink ID Card.......

I am Foreigner in Thailand with Pink ID Card that serves as my SS card. I pay Thai SS about B450 a month. I paid nothing for an eye exam, back X-ray, CT Virtual Colonoscopy, and a few meds (for nothing chronic) just a couple of months ago. Close enuff.

On 7/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, richard_smith237 said:

If I understand correctly… Significantly cheaper as it grants you access to the Thai healthcare system. 

I have to say I have never heard that having a Thai ID card gives you access to the Thai healthcare system although I do have one.

Long before I obtained one I had no trouble accessing outpatient treatment at a Government hospital and have always been charged the Thai person rate.

I know others without the card and even visitors who have accessed the government hospital system.

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

I am Foreigner in Thailand with Pink ID Card that serves as my SS card. I pay Thai SS about B450 a month. I paid nothing for an eye exam, back X-ray, CT Virtual Colonoscopy, and a few meds (for nothing chronic) just a couple of months ago. Close enuff.

Did you once work in Thailand or are you married to a Thai who is a government employee.?

As I understand that’s how you can obtain free treatment.

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

Did you once work in Thailand or are you married to a Thai who is a government employee.?

Worked for a few years with a Thai company and enrolled in the system then. HIGHLY recommended for anyone under 60: work with a Thai employer who offers the benefit.

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

If you wouldn't have the Pink ID card you would still get the free treatment. You get it because you are enrolled in SS, not because of the ID card.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobbie Davies said:

Visa for marriage does not include an ability to work. That is the reason they require proof of insurance and 400,000 Baht in the bank + proof of monthly income

False.

I am on marriage/thai wife extension for years and have a Work Permit along with it.

I have never shown 400k baht in my Thai account.

All that is required is a copy of WP and 3 months tax payments (PND 1)

Salary more than 40k baht a month

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

I've had PR for 24 years.

The post just above says 'working rights'. I'm not sure what the poster means but if it means PR holders automatically have permission to work in Thailand then that's NOT TRUE.

PR holders still need a work permit.

can work work in Thailand

Also neeed is a photo of the pink card with the letters PR. 

With such photo I will go to the CM main amphur office and ask for my current pink card to be reissued with the card showing PR.

I also wonder what details are on the back of the pink card with the letters PR.

With all respect can I please refresh the request for the member who has a pink Thai ID card with the letters PR printed on the card please share a scan or photo of the card (but of course cover the name/ID number etc).

Also can you please share a scan or photo of the back of the card.

Thanks, appreciated.

Edited by scorecard

28 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I hold Work Permit.

I can confirm I have received free treatment (OPD) for many things

For the above. Work permit is separate from marriage visa. Yes you can get work permit with the visa if you have employer, but not automatic with Visa. Without permit for instance you cannot help wife sell from booth, even though you have Visa do not have work permit. Of course you don’t need 400,000 you have salary that meets the requirements. Either 400,000 or, I think 35,000 a month, or a combination of the two equaling 400,000 a year. And if you are working in Thailand you are paying taxes so yes you can receive care. Unmarried Teachers get the same. It’s tied to your actual working that is the Social Security Scheme and on paying taxes not on your marriage visa or any other thing. Sorry no pink card. My answers were not on the technicality of the card process but, the likelihood of getting free medical care based on that card alone. Good luck

10 minutes ago, Bobbie Davies said:

Either 400,000 or, I think 35,000 a month, or a combination of the two equaling 400,000 a year.

There is no combination option for extension based upon marriage.

It is 400k baht in the bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

If you wouldn't have the Pink ID card you would still get the free treatment. You get it because you are enrolled in SS, not because of the ID card.

You have to prove your identity and that you are enrolled in SS. The card is the necessary proof enabling them to verify your identity and check on your enrollment.  

My office stopped giving out separate insurance cards years ago.

19 minutes ago, BigStar said:

My office stopped giving out separate insurance cards years ago.

We also didn't receive them for several years. However, last year all foreign employees suddenly received new social insurance cards valid for 2 years at a time. 

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

Pink card of a PR holder

Pink Card.pdf 97.41 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you. Your card is exactly the same format as my card. 

There is no mention of PR on the card.

Earlier a posted mentioned having/seeing a pink card which had PR printed on the card.

I'm hoping that poster would please share a scan or photo of the card so we can see an example of a pink card which specifically mentions PR.

Also a copy of the back of the card.

Then I will revisit the amphur office in Chiang Mai and request my card be reissued with PR printed on the card. 

On 7/26/2022 at 7:28 AM, ThailandRyan said:

It sure was cheaper for me many years ago and others I know who were registered in the provincial hospitals data base.  Treated just as a Thai would be, but then definitely not the 30 Thb scheme, but still a lot cheaper than at one of the private big name hospitals.

Yes but that's got nothing to do with the yellow book or ID card, that's available to anyone. 

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Earlier a posted mentioned having/seeing a pink card which had PR printed on the card.

I'm hoping that poster would please share a scan or photo of the card so we can see an example of a pink card which specifically mentions PR.

Then I will revisit the amphur office in Chiang Mai and request my card be reissued with PR printed on the card. 

Perhaps you can ask the amphur office what the very first number in you identification number means?  It could be that the first number indicates a "status" of the person.

https://isaanlawyers.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners-in-thailand/#:~:text=Thai people use mainly two,This card is blue.

Edited by hml367
add text

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Hi,

I have seen my friends pink card who is a non PR, it starts with 6XXX.

It mentiones 'Khon Tang Dao Thua Pai' means General Alien

whereas there is no mention of this on the card of PR holders.