Hashish ?

On 8/18/2022 at 11:03 PM, Siam Buds said:

What's better nepali or Afghani #?

In Afghanistan, I smoked a lot of hash cured w/opium made into bars with official stamps. Not sure if they still produce it this way. This was the best I've ever smoked. Nepali is good, too. Lebanese and Turkish are also good smokers. I've even had some Yunnan made hash but this was not nearly as good as the others as well as Moroccan kief.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

ummm thats kinda not hash right. the opium might overshadow the cannabis buzz...

The opium is not mixed in with it. It is left to cure with opium in the space. I'd guess it would impart something to the hash, but maybe just the aroma. The slabs were beautifully made with the official seal of the gov't stamped into it. 

Nepali hash used to be referred to as 'fingers'. Do they still make them like that? It's been eons since I had any. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:42 PM, Kevin Taylor said:

A question please. How do you smoke your hash, last time I did it, it was normal to mix it with tobacco in a joint. Can you smoke it on its own like in a vaporizer?. I hopefully have one of those arriving today.

Yes, the good news is you can do it in a vaporizer, but the trick is, you should not put it in as straight hash. What you want to do is mix it with some weed... even low-quality would work and might even be preferable for this purpose since hash is so strong. The principle here is that if it's mixed with a buffer substance, it will be held sort of in suspension in the chamber. If you were to just put a chunk of hash, or broken-up hash in the chamber of the vaporizer, it will probably just melt down and clog. But if you have little tiny pieces of hash mixed with a dried plant substance (doesn't matter much whether it's weed or dried mint leaf or tobacco [blech!]), it will get vaporized efficiently.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2022 at 10:42 AM, Kevin Taylor said:

Can you smoke it on its own like in a vaporizer?

I've used a dab rig on a bong for hash, and other "concentrates" (live rosin, budder, shatter, Moon Rocks). A lower-cost option would be a Dynavap.

The vaporization temperature of hash is ~ 190 C, I think, so a dry-herb vaporizer would work. But it would gum up the chamber on its own, so I'd layer it in the middle of the pack with cannabis. Setting the temp on 190, or "low".

There are many other options. 50 years ago we'd stick it on a safety pin, light it and inhale the smoke.

• Like 2

I use a vaporiser and smoke hash.  The methods above work well but the hash burns much slower than the weed so it affects the flavour.  You can also put a little circular piece of metal mesh thats normally used for pipes and bongs inside the vape to suspend the hash, much simpler solution and better flavour too

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, Bobbie Davies said:

No it’s 20,000 Baht. I dollarized it. I’m American. Send a lot of money to Thailand and tend to do that on the fly. Sorry if confusing.

think you better check your exchange rates, 20k is around 520 dollars and change.

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Is the issue here about extraction or processing? 

As I noted, there is no extraction in hash (IMO) so theoretically possible.

Extracts is the word they are using, but Gummies from USA available. Extracts have the potential for explosions and fire when attempted by the inexperienced. Industry, of course, has the equipment and knowledge to safely produce extracts.

Seems to be no problem getting Nepali and to a lesser extent Afghan hash

I went to a ganja clinic in Bangkok as I was curious to try CBD oil to help with sleep and hoped to get the government produced GPO stuff which is the purest and cheapest AFAIK. The doctor told me CBD was useless for insomnia and gave me some THC oil for 600 baht for a small bottle but it turned to be not GPO but the original cannabis oil in Thailand, Acharn Decho's, which is a low dose of only 2mg/ml (vs 81mg/ml in the GPO THC oil) that I think was the original concentration approved by the MoPH in 2019. It seems to have some dark green coloring and strong bitter flavoring added, probably to stop patients from downing the whole bottle in one or smoking it.  Unadulterated THC oil AFAIK has very little colour or flavour.  I haven't noticed any effect from the drops which are very nasty to take at bedtime due to the horrible taste. 

So rather disappointed in the final result but I got talking to the doctor about extracts and the law and he expessed the opinion that edibles that use raw but decarbed weed, rather than oils or extracts are legal because they just basically throw the ground up plant matter into the mix rather than extracts. On the same basis it could be argued thatt hash is still raw plant matter, if it made by applying a little warmth and pressure to kief but no chemicals. On the other hand it might be difficult to prove that no extraction was used in the production of edibles or hash. 

Edited by Dogmatix

5 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

I just bought some Hash for 99 Baht/g. It is very similar to Moroccan Hash I used to get in the UK in terms of taste/strength. It is very crumbly, bubble extraction, I suppose. Mixed in with some Green Crack it makes an extremely cheap and effective spliff. It's excellent value as far as I am concerned.

There was a mix up with the order. I ordered 5 bowls (กะปุก - kapook, 3 g)  + 2 free, a total of 21g for 1,500 Baht. They sent me 7g only. They said they will send the balance. When I receive it, I will post the link.

20220929_155425.jpg

Looking forward to the link once you receive to missing amount

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, Bobbie Davies said:

Since smoking is discouraged for foreigners I would be cautious in the obtaining or use of hashish. It is a marijuana “product” whose purpose might be and likely will be seen as purely recreational. They are also looking at concentration of THC. As such could lead to that 700 Baht fine and maybe jail time. As my manfriend said the other day “just because you get some eggs, doesn’t mean you can eat the chicken”.

Where is your evidence that smoking is discouraged for foreigners?

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2023 at 5:21 PM, Seppius said:

Little bump for this thread...

Anyone found an online source of hash lately? Shop I was using is out of stock

I had some contacts with real good stuff but every time I want to reorder it's out of stock. Would be really nice to have a larger range of selection and sellers. Unfortunately it's not very popular here. There are some dispensaries in Pattaya shipping within Thailand.

• Like 1