Has anyone changed from a Honda Click 125 to the Honda Click 160?

22 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I went from Click 110 to Click 160. I also had tried out the PCX which does not have the step through feature I  like so much on the Click. Acceleration huge effect powering up speed . My top speed is with the 160 is 80 KPH and did not feel safe going fast on the 110 . The one comfort difference is the feel of control with my 160 is hugely one of safety. Compartments seemed the same but the 160 has a shallow coin compartment which I enjoyed a deep version on my 110. 

that's a big change 110-160, I would have gone in the middle

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your first point i just don't agree with, you seem to think big bike riders are more skillful, that's all in your mind.

My bikes were a Suzuki 500 can't remember which one, Honda CBR600 and BMW F800GS.

They were faster but more of a PITA, I definitely prefer the Click now, light, fast and bullet proof

I Understand what you mean, I’ve always had some bikes in my home country, but now I only have an old 1100 which I drive in good weather. When I tell my bike pals I enjoy my small thai scooters as much as big bikes they don’t believe me haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went from the 125i to the 150i late last year. Agree with comments on the keyless start and had the battery go dead within the first 6 months. Unable to use bike in that state (as no kick start) but dealer swapped same day as we called them and within warranty. Pulls better than the 125i but not all that noticable. Top speed not that much more than the 125i but gets there faster.

Only use it for popping down the shops when the wife has taken the car. Perfect size and shape for me. Would never consider a PCX.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

There is also a step through model (and the useful hook) "Lead" with larger storage than Click (gas tank in front). Only comes in 125 I believe.  Never tried it.

The storage space being much larger on the Lead 125 is partly due to the 10 inch rear wheel. Twelve inch on the front.

The Click has 14 inch front and rear. 

Larger wheels work better for the many bumpy roads in Thailand.

• Like 1

We changed from 125i to 160i when the 160 click was released.
I dont feel much difference between the two, but our Gartner loves it and already put 18k on the 160i.

160i pulls a bit harder and feels a bit larger than 125i = I think better stability if you have a passenger.

The key fob was tricky in the beginning, but it is pretty simple. Keep the key fob in your pocket. PUSH IN and turn the knob to unlock front wheel/ready to start. I would prefer a good old mechanical key, but we had no problems with the key fob so far and it is nice it can be kept in the pocket.

ABS on the front wheel is a nice safety factor compared to 125i and one of the reasons I wanted to change.

Small wheels + sand + turn + braking is quite dangerous with 14" wheels.

18 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

There is also a step through model (and the useful hook) "Lead" with larger storage than Click (gas tank in front). Only comes in 125 I believe.  Never tried it.

Friend said he didn't like the wheels, maybe the engine, not sure, sold it.

Only 2 problems with 160 vs 125:

tighter squeeze of helmet under seat

Underseat storage gets much hotter than 125, no food or drinks go under there

The  new click 160 abs seems to be around 70.000 and the corresponding pcx 107.000

What are you paying 50% extra for when buying a pcx?

Some  new pcx w abs sell at 93.000, I haven't seen the difference. Still more expensive than the click.

Edited by thailandsgreat

On 7/28/2022 at 9:50 PM, Hummin said:

Smaller bikers rely more on others do look out for them and respect them while big bikers rely more on their own skills.

really confused by this comment,
do you think riders of small bikes rely on drivers to see them but you have some special skill alerting other drivers of your presence?
or when you say skills you mean loud engine?
each to their own and different bikes for different scenarios
in traffic a small bike is much better
long distance on open road a big bike sure

a long time ago i had a nouvo modified with 250 parts 2 NOS tanks, it used to blow seriously (sorry no pics)
acceleration was nuts and could easily do 140km, but was still a nouvo so i could get through traffic no problem
would i ride it long distance, hell no not that kind of bike,
but when i was riding nobody was passing me by that was for sure

Recently upgraded my gal's bike from a PCX 150, to an ADV 160. Quite a nice upgrade. Far more comfy ride, more zip, better brakes, suspension, and a nice ride. For anyone over 80kg, the suspension is more appropriate for you than a Click, which are built for small people. And far better with a passenger too.

Sweet bikes, if you can find one. About 105k.

honda-adv-160-first-ride-review-634921e12988c.jpg

Edited by spidermike007

3 hours ago, THEN said:

The key fob was tricky in the beginning, but it is pretty simple. Keep the key fob in your pocket. PUSH IN and turn the knob to unlock front wheel/ready to start. I would prefer a good old mechanical key, but we had no problems with the key fob so far and it is nice it can be kept in the pocket.

Manual unlock, no key fob.

Press and hold seat/lock switch, for 3-5 seconds (lock light on display comes on) then release. Ready with the 9 digit fob code. Press switch once more, then 5 seconds to enter each number with presses of the switch, waiting for the 5 second beep between each number. 0 is no presses, 1 is 1 press.

After that the bike is unlocked and ready to start and drive.

Note: at end of driving must press and hold switch for 5 seconds to turn the remote fob back on.

Edited by BritManToo

29 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Recently upgraded my gal's bike from a PCX 150, to an ADV 160. Quite a nice upgrade. Far more comfy ride, more zip, better brakes, suspension, and a nice ride. For anyone over 80kg, the suspension is more appropriate for you than a Click, which are built for small people. And far better with a passenger too.

were does she put her shopping? or uses a car instead?

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Manual unlock, no key fob.

Press and hold seat/lock switch, for 3-5 seconds (lock light on display comes on) then release. Ready with the 9 digit fob code. Press switch once more, then 5 seconds to enter each number with presses of the switch, waiting for the 5 second beep between each number. 0 is no presses, 1 is 1 press.

After that the bike is unlocked and ready to start and drive.

Note: at end of driving must press and hold switch for 5 seconds to turn the remote fob back on.

You realise it's easier to just turn the thing on and leave the fob in the pocket or bag and never needs removing until battery change

29 minutes ago, patman30 said:

really confused by this comment,
do you think riders of small bikes rely on drivers to see them but you have some special skill alerting other drivers of your presence?
or when you say skills you mean loud engine?
each to their own and different bikes for different scenarios
in traffic a small bike is much better
long distance on open road a big bike sure

a long time ago i had a nouvo modified with 250 parts 2 NOS tanks, it used to blow seriously (sorry no pics)
acceleration was nuts and could easily do 140km, but was still a nouvo so i could get through traffic no problem
would i ride it long distance, hell no not that kind of bike,
but when i was riding nobody was passing me by that was for sure

Smaller bikes do get overtaken more than bigger bikes.

I already given my expectations in this tread. My experience and my opinion! Take it or leave it.

I hate loud pipes, so be large, take space, bee seen, and make room for escapes. Good luck

39 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Smaller bikers rely more on others do look out for them and respect them while big bikers rely more on their own skills.

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Smaller bikes do get overtaken more than bigger bikes.

I already given my expectations in this tread. My experience and my opinion! Take it or leave it.

I hate loud pipes, so be large, take space, bee seen, and make room for escapes. Good luck

i was only asking about this special skill that magically dissapears if one rides a small bike......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jwdub12 said:

Good luck in trying to find the Click ABS model anywhere in the Pattaya area. Neither Mityon nor Asia city motor have any in stock  nobody seems to know anything about their return.

Did you try Grail at Asia City Motors? the other people don't speak English well at all 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Did you try Grail at Asia City Motors? the other people don't speak English well at all 

I wasn't able to get hold of Grail, but I've talked to at last a half dozen other sales people and the best answer I've gotten so far is that they have a microchip problem with the ABS model that there trying to rectify.

Just now, jwdub12 said:

I wasn't able to get hold of Grail, but I've talked to at last a half dozen other sales people and the best answer I've gotten so far is that they have a microchip problem with the ABS model that there trying to rectify.

ah ok, I didn't bother with the ABS model because i didn't like the gold wheels, my non ABS version is very good

17 minutes ago, patman30 said:

the riders skills are not dependant on the size of the bike.????‍♂️

Oh my, do me a favor and reread what I wrote where you pick pointed your qoute!

On 7/28/2022 at 4:50 PM, Hummin said:

It will always be a crossing point where your opinion and my opinion meets. Statisticly smaller bikes is exposed more to others mistake, but bigger bikes riders is more exposed by their own experience, skills and mistakes.

Just wondering what kind of big bikes you had, since you manage to step down and feel comfortable on a smaller bike.

There is no way I would buy a smaller bike for longer day trips.

When you driving a slower bike, you have to adopt to the traffic around you, and often limited to confined spaces because lack of power. With a bigger bike, you can claim space in a different way, because you have power. 

It aint so hard, even you riding a smaller bike, and think thats the best solution for you, I think differently. So next!

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I haven't tried them. PCX and ADV look similar to me. But I see a lot of pcx and few adv. So adv is  better built?

Both store 30 l

Edited by thailandsgreat

34 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Oh my, do me a favor and reread what I wrote where you pick pointed your qoute!

i did not cherry pick anything
i quoted you on the following which was an isolated sentance.
"Smaller bikers rely more on others do look out for them and respect them while big bikers rely more on their own skills. "

a bikers skill is not dependant on the size of bike they are riding,
maybe what you meant to say was
bigger bikers are more easily seen by other drivers
a riders skill level does not improve simply because they ride a bigger bike
which is what your statement implies.

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

i did not cherry pick anything
i quoted you on the following which was an isolated sentance.
"Smaller bikers rely more on others do look out for them and respect them while big bikers rely more on their own skills. "

a bikers skill is not dependant on the size of bike they are riding,
maybe what you meant to say was
bigger bikers are more easily seen by other drivers
a riders skill level does not improve simply because they ride a bigger bike
which is what your statement implies.

Well position is important when riding, right? And how is that different from smaller bikes to bigger bikes? Riding a small bike, you keep left lane if there no traffick jam, with a bigger bike, you have the ability to position yourself, and that takes a bit more skills to execute safely. Right? 

I do not say there is no skilled light riders out there, and for sure many of them is more skilled than most big bikers, but still statistics when it comes to accidents, and the cause of accidents on smaller bikes, is what I have mentioned before. Confines spaces, invisible in the traffic, and often ignored i  traffick as well more than big bikes, who often rides with extra lights as well. 

Obviously someone need to express more confused emotions, so bring it on?