Has anyone changed from a Honda Click 125 to the Honda Click 160?

13 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Rented an ADV 150 today. Front wheel abs. This rental said I should use the fob when I lock it. The other said never use it because it hangs up.

I have little experience but the suspension and also transmission feels firmer and more distinct The 150 has 10% less storage than the corresponding pcx, the 160 has the same (30 l).

I recommend the new ADV160. It is a very sweet bike. Got one for my gal. The Click cannot compare. It is less stable. I ride a Forza 350. Same fob system. Never an issue. I keep the fob in my pocket, and it is very convenient. You have to keep fresh batteries in the fob, by changing them every 6 months or so. That is it. Both are excellent bikes. 

Edited by spidermike007

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I recommend the new ADV160. It is a very sweet bike. Got one for my gal. The Click cannot compare. It is less stable. I ride a Forza 350. Same fob system. Never an issue. I keep the fob in my pocket, and it is very convenient. You have to keep fresh batteries in the fob, by changing them every 6 months or so. That is it. Both are excellent bikes. 

I see what you mean. I rent an adv 150 since 2 days. It is firmer in suspension and has 27 l storage. My full face helmet fits in but the pcx:s have 30 l. I immediately noticed you sit 30 mm higher on the adv 150 than on the pcx:s.

The adv 160 could be a good deal. Only 15 mm higher than the pcx:s and 30 l storage.

Tried out the abs carefully on tarmac with sand on, in 5 km/hr. It shortens braking distance but no steering effect, bike still went forward.

Between pcx and adv maybe the stiffer suspension of adv is the main difference? Would it give you a better chance if you missed a pot hole on the highway? (Naturally a little less floating/soft.)

Edited by thailandsgreat

24 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I see what you mean. I rent an adv 150 since 2 days. It is firmer in suspension and has 27 l storage. My full face helmet fits in but the pcx:s have 30 l. I immediately noticed you sit 30 mm higher on the adv 150 than on the pcx:s.

The adv 160 could be a good deal. Only 15 mm higher than the pcx:s and 30 l storage.

Tried out the abs carefully on tarmac with sand on, in 5 km/hr. It shortens braking distance but no steering effect, bike still went forward.

Between pcx and adv maybe the stiffer suspension of adv is the main difference? Would it give you a better chance if you missed a pot hole on the highway? (Naturally a little less floating/soft.)

The first thing I always do is upgrade from the stock tires, which are a hard compound, and have poor grip. IRC, I believe. Low end tires. An upgrade to Pirelli or Michelin makes an enormous difference. Like a different bike. Great grip in wet or dry. Well worth it. The suspension on both bikes is adequate. A real upgrade would be to Olin, which is far too expensive for most of us. 

Edited by spidermike007

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The first thing I always do is upgrade from the stock tires, which are a hard compound, and have poor grip. IRC, I believe. Low end tires. An upgrade to Pirelli or Michelin makes an enormous difference. Like a different bike. Great grip in wet or dry. Well worth it. The suspension on both bikes is adequate. A real upgrade would be to Olin, which is far too expensive for most of us. 

Interesting. My experience is limited but the main difference to me between the 150 pcx and adv (both I drove are 2022 or 21 I believe) is the shocks. I am pretty sure a sporty guy would go for the adv. (Both have caster 26.5°, I believe that has to do with responsiveness)

The adv is marked "Ohlin" below the Honda logo. Why would they rent a nicely modified bike to foreigners? How can I tell if the shocks are modified? They are really firm.

Edited by thailandsgreat

14 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Interesting. My experience is limited but the main difference to me between the 150 pcx and adv (both I drove are 2022 or 21 I believe) is the shocks. I am pretty sure a sporty guy would go for the adv. (Both have caster 26.5°, I believe that has to do with responsiveness)

The adv is marked "Ohlin" below the Honda logo. Why would they rent a nicely modified bike to foreigners? How can I tell if the shocks are modified? They are really firm.

Most Olin shocks you see are fake. Real Olin shocks, front and back are about 40,000 baht. The fake ones are about as common as fake designer shirts here. 

The fake Olins are likely significantly lower in quality than the standard shocks the bikes come with, which are not bad. 

Edited by spidermike007

I just make some simple observations regarding the 150-160 cc bikes. I saw one  click with passenger and top box. It looks "little" with only only one rear shock, but probably works fine. But as one's driving improves, the adv suspension can maybe take more "load".  But price is definitely a selling point for the click. Around 70k, whereas the others, also w front abs are 90-100.

The only bike in that segment with dual channel abs is Nmax.

Edited by thailandsgreat

On 8/20/2023 at 7:51 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Fair enough, for me the seat felt similar to the 125, didn't notice any difference, certainly not awkward, but as you say we are all different i guess

I’m curious as to how long are you able to drive on the click 160 before your butt hurts? I have a 125 and after about an hour or so my butt starts complaining. Seriously thinking about getting the click 160 as opposed to a adv or pcx because it’s a little narrower 

8 minutes ago, novacova said:

I’m curious as to how long are you able to drive on the click 160 before your butt hurts? I have a 125 and after about an hour or so my butt starts complaining. Seriously thinking about getting the click 160 as opposed to a adv or pcx because it’s a little narrower 

I go from Pattaya to Sattahip so around 40km twice a week and it's comfortable, but i remember the 125 being uncomfortable when i went to Ban Chang, but it's not a deal breaker, just take a 7 Eleven Amazon break

• Thumbs Up 1

I am a novice contemplating to buy a bike. This week I rent a click 160. Much more "reactive" than adv. Good maneuvering in jammed traffic but maybe demands more attention on the highway.

If you have a top box on an adv or aerox, to get on you must probably "hurdle" your right leg over the tank cap area which is higher than on pcx, but I like firm suspension of adv, feels "safe". Adv is 110k click 70.

Driving position on click is high feet.

If you drive far some "experts" write you should make a break every hour anyway and let any scooter <160cc idle for 10 min 

I keep renting 'til I know more. Occasional good prices low season.

Thai people drive Filano because good storage, but Lead, 37 liter, is largest below 160cc I believe and also step thru! I don't know why so few are on the streets. Both 125 cc.

Edited by thailandsgreat

17 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I am a novice contemplating buying a bike. This week I rent a click 160. Much more "reactive" than adv. Good maneuvering in jammed traffic but maybe demands more attention on the highway.

If you have a top box on an adv or aerox, to get on you must probably "hurdle" your right leg over the tank cap area which is higher than on pcx, but I like firm suspension of adv, feels "safe". Adv is 110k click 70.

Driving position on click is high feet.

If you drive far some "experts" write you should make a break every hour anyway and let any scooter <160cc idle for 10 min 

I keep renting 'til I know more. Occasional good prices low season.

Thai people drive Filano because good storage, but Lead, 37 liter, is largest below 160cc I believe and also step thru! I don't know why so few are on the streets. Both 125 cc.

i find handling of the Click 160 good, today  i was doing 100 on Sukhumvit no problem as always. Don't underestimate the benefit of the stepthrough, great for shopping, laundry, i even had a TV there once, much more versatile then a non stepthrough. Only downside is the underseat storage is a squeeze with a large Open face helmet, a full face won't fit

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i find handling of the Click 160 good, today  i was doing 100 on Sukhumvit no problem as always. Don't underestimate the benefit of the stepthrough, great for shopping, laundry, i even had a TV there once, much more versatile then a non stepthrough. Only downside is the underseat storage is a squeeze with a large Open face helmet, a full face won't fit

My full face helmet fits. I mostly do 60-70, so far.

U-turns on highways are most critical. Even if you speed up to 80 you don't know what can come from behind while you cross over. The system seems to be built around U-turns. You can't always wait for first left and then immediately make a U-turn on the smaller road and a right on the highway since there are few traffic lights and most access roads just allow left turn onto highway.

If your destination is on the right side of the highway you are often forced to making a U-turn.

Well hopefully careful does it and checking the mirrors. Experience is the only way. I asked in Mityon today how the Aerox and ADV differed. But the sales girl just looked at me as if I had asked the difference between rice and noodles. You are just supposed to know these things.  ????

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What make and size is it?

Avex Crux, XXL

https://shopee.co.th/product/31344940/2835156335?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9MCnBhCYARIsAB1WQVWPuMjUVsFgaCHOm7ps6R9NFp0X9F0-y0iJ0pnVAmAfYeLHoBU3dp0aAv4dEALw_wcB

Is this an area where I could improve safety by getting a better helmet?

Finding larger sizes is a problem. It was one of only two helmets that fit, in the biggest helmet shop I could find around Pattaya South. Other shops and supermarkets had none. Put a tape around my head now, it showed about 63 cm.

If I need to improve on helmet, where in Pattaya would I go look for helmet? ... and what are the brands to look for, preferably not too heavy, using phone hasn't been merciful on my neck. I can feel that when I often keep to the left lane on Sukhumvit where pavement is neglected.

Thanks.

----

Just another question: I sometimes find useful stuff on mailorder like Lazada, Shopee etc. Does it work well to order that with a western credit card?

Edited by thailandsgreat

16 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Just another question: I sometimes find useful stuff on mailorder like Lazada, Shopee etc. Does it work well to order that with a western credit card?

Most items on Lazada and Shopee can be ordered for Cash on Delivery, I have never paid in advance, never registered a credit card etc. ..., they usually post and deliver quicker too - to get paid ! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Avex Crux, XXL

https://shopee.co.th/product/31344940/2835156335?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9MCnBhCYARIsAB1WQVWPuMjUVsFgaCHOm7ps6R9NFp0X9F0-y0iJ0pnVAmAfYeLHoBU3dp0aAv4dEALw_wcB

Finding larger sizes is a problem. It was one of only two helmets that fit, in the biggest helmet shop I could find around Pattaya South. Other shops and supermarkets had none. Put a tape around my head now, it showed about 63 cm.

If I need to improve on helmet, where in Pattaya would I go look for helmet? ... and what are the brands to look for, preferably not too heavy, using phone hasn't been merciful on my neck. I can feel that when I often keep to the left lane on Sukhumvit where pavement is neglected.

Thanks.

----

High end helmets I would go for Arai or Shoei but 20K or thereabouts.

For less money I would choose Shark.  Manufactured in Thailand but sold globally and certified internationally.

I use Arai because I find them very comfortable which matters particularly on longer journeys.

If you look at many of the cheaper Thai brands the buckle/locking mechanism is an obvious weakness.  This really matters in a crash.

Edited by In the jungle
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

High end helmets I would go for Arai or Shoei but 20K or thereabouts.

For less money I would choose Shark.  Manufactured in Thailand but sold globally and certified internationally.

I use Arai because I find them very comfortable which matters particularly on longer journeys.

If you look at many of the cheaper Thai brands the buckle/locking mechanism is an obvious weakness.  This really matters in a crash.

Thanks, I will have to look into this. The locking looks similar on the cheaper helmets I have used. A red flap closing a strap with "notches". I will Google shops in Pattaya. Any suggestions of shops appreciated.

I don't think the one I use has a poor lock. A poor lock to me would be the plastic buckle you have for belt bags and the strap will just slip to any length easily. Those look very unsafe and are used on helmets in rental shops.

But my helmet may be thinner since an XXL fits into a Click 160 storage

The type on my helmet seems to come at only 25B though ...

https://shopee.co.th/product/308460876/9685909470?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9MCnBhCYARIsAB1WQVUuvQDVBA-pfHDXeNYXM_RxW1ckPTCm9VNUn970H9kjizogCsqYxYAaAvgLEALw_wcB

---

I would not buy a helmet with this type of lock 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaP1uXRqQf0BiyEBUqSazHDUqur3lwT3wHng&usqp=CAU

Edited by thailandsgreat

17 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Thanks, I will have to look into this. The locking looks similar on the cheaper helmets I have used. A red flap closing a strap with "notches". I will Google shops in Pattaya. Any suggestions of shops appreciated.

I don't think the one I use has a poor lock. A poor lock to me would be the plastic buckle you have for belt bags and the strap will just slip to any length easily. Those look very unsafe and are used on helmets in rental shops.

But my helmet may be thinner since an XXL fits into a Click 160 storage

The type on my helmet seems to come at only 25B though ...

https://shopee.co.th/product/308460876/9685909470?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9MCnBhCYARIsAB1WQVUuvQDVBA-pfHDXeNYXM_RxW1ckPTCm9VNUn970H9kjizogCsqYxYAaAvgLEALw_wcB

---

I would not buy a helmet with this type of lock 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaP1uXRqQf0BiyEBUqSazHDUqur3lwT3wHng&usqp=CAU

I am not local so I cannot recommend any shops.

The two D ring fastener is the best in my opinion.  I remember I looked at the fastener on one cheap Thai brand helmet and there were sharp edges on the fastener.  Not really what you want next to your neck.

On 8/24/2023 at 8:20 PM, thailandsgreat said:

I just make some simple observations regarding the 150-160 cc bikes. I saw one  click with passenger and top box. It looks "little" with only only one rear shock, but probably works fine. But as one's driving improves, the adv suspension can maybe take more "load".  But price is definitely a selling point for the click. Around 70k, whereas the others, also w front abs are 90-100.

The only bike in that segment with dual channel abs is Nmax.

Why do people keep comparing the Click to a PCX. My Click 160 ABS was 72k. The shop quoted me 112k for a top of the range PCX (even with the same engine/power). Obviously it is going to be a better bike. The Click is a good bike if your riding is mostly around town. 90% of the time i just go from one traffic light to another, even then i get 48 kpl. Sure if you do some touring go for the PCX or Forza.

Edited by Henryford

4 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Avex Crux, XXL

Thanks.

----

Definitely worth extra for a farang helmet decent make, no need for a Shoei 20k helmet but i have a 7k Shark Open face, good quality, I've had a Shoei in the past and over rated. I doubt a farang full face would fit under the seat, but try it and see.

From Shopee, can pay Cash on Delivery but i knew Shark L fit me. Try in the shop on Buakhao opposite hospital

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Definitely worth extra for a farang helmet decent make, no need for a Shoei 20k helmet but i have a 7k Shark Open face, good quality, I've had a Shoei in the past and over rated. I doubt a farang full face would fit under the seat, but try it and see.

From Shopee, can pay Cash on Delivery but i knew Shark L fit me. Try in the shop on Buakhao opposite hospital

Thanks. Will do.

Even if it doesn't fit under the seat,  theft is less common in Thailand than many other countries. There isn't much to do, a good helmet is what you need. Will hang it on the mirror in the supermarket parking or jam the strap under the seat. There also seem to be gadgets that "lock" the helmet to the bike and require cutting to steal helmet.

8 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Thanks. Will do.

Even if it doesn't fit under the seat,  theft is less common in Thailand than many other countries. There isn't much to do, a good helmet is what you need. Will hang it on the mirror in the supermarket parking or jam the strap under the seat. There also seem to be gadgets that "lock" the helmet to the bike and require cutting to steal helmet.

I've seen a farang steal a helmet. Many shady farang about. No use to you if it gets stolen quickly, open face are much more practical here with the heat

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Thanks. Will do.

BTW yesterday i saw one of the Shark helmets L on Facebook marketplace almost new for 3k, offer 2k and away you go

I have had a honda click 160 abs for 12 months now and clocked up 8000 km .

The exceleration and maneuverability is really impressive in the city .

Great city bike .

Minus is there is no kick start as my old 110 honda click and the baggage room under the seat is limited .

Iv'e rode Scoopy's Fino's Clicks PCX's etc from 110cc up to 150CC. In my opinion it depends onwhat you want to use your bike for. For instance if its just for zipping round Town shopping etc theres not much differnce between a 125 click or a PCX and a N Max, Forza.  Nipping out to the shops id go for the click due to the Footwell advantage where you can hang a few bags off the hook on a click PCX and others have the big plastic console in the middle where a bag cannot be placed so it has to go under the seat. From a standing start like at a set of lights a 125 will pull away from a bigger bike due to its Torque. plus a bigger bike uses more fuel. I f you want a bike for urban use id go for a 125 your not gonna do 60-70 kms an hour in Town. 150 cc and up in my opinion is for cruising around on a bike ride outside of the Town where you can sit cumphy at 60 all day long.

On helmets open or fullface, it is up to the wearer id go for a full face. Better to put up with the heat then hitting your face on the Tarmac in the event of an accident. Id prefer me lid being scraped away instead of my face. Plus if your helmet is open-face without a visor you will be blinded by a flying insect hitting your face at 50-60 ks an hour.

Edited by BarraMarra

Just now, BarraMarra said:

On helmets open or full up to the wearer id go for a fullface id rather put up with the heat then in the event of hitting the Tarmac id prefer me lid being scraped awat instead of my face plus if your an open face without a visor you will be blinded by a flying insect hitting your face at 50-60 ks an hour.

How many insects have hit your visor? for me none which is why i guess thais often have no visor, no helmet is obviously stupid

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

But open face helmets come with a visor, don't they?

Scanning shops now. Several have "Real" at 3000 B. Feels sturdier than mine, but even XXL feels cramped. If you order on Lazada/Shopee can you make return?

Real were around 2000 baht and will be for thai shaped head, probably best of the cheapos