Has anyone changed from a Honda Click 125 to the Honda Click 160?

Has anyone changed from a Honda Click 125 to the Honda Click 160?

I’m looking to get feedback on differences for the following parameters:

(1) acceleration

(2) top speed

(3) maneuverability (through stopped traffic, e.g., at red traffic lights)

(4) comfort

(5) storage space under the seat

Thanks!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pookett said:

It's a little faster with much better pulling power, think two up climbing steep hills etc..

Personally I wouldn't bother, spend a bit more and get a N-MAX or PCX. Everything vastly superior.

Did you buy the Click 160? new  160 PCX still have the armchair floating feeling?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I went from Click 110 to Click 160. I also had tried out the PCX which does not have the step through feature I  like so much on the Click. Acceleration huge effect powering up speed . My top speed is with the 160 is 80 KPH and did not feel safe going fast on the 110 . The one comfort difference is the feel of control with my 160 is hugely one of safety. Compartments seemed the same but the 160 has a shallow coin compartment which I enjoyed a deep version on my 110. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I went from Click 110 to Click 160. I also had tried out the PCX which does not have the step through feature I  like so much on the Click. Acceleration huge effect powering up speed . My top speed is with the 160 is 80 KPH and did not feel safe going fast on the 110 . The one comfort difference is the feel of control with my 160 is hugely one of safety. Compartments seemed the same but the 160 has a shallow coin compartment which I enjoyed a deep version on my 110. 

I do 80 kph on my 125i on Sukhumvit, feels totally safe, could go 100 but 80 is the sweet spot

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

why do guys on bigger bikes always need to get out of trouble aka dangerous situations? I've done 44k on my 125i Click totally fine on Sukhumvit Pattaya\Sattahip

How many turns and blind curves and busy intersections and ups-downs on that road?

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

why do guys on bigger bikes always need to get out of trouble aka dangerous situations? I've done 44k on my 125i Click totally fine on Sukhumvit Pattaya\Sattahip

Riding a smaller bike close to top speed or at top speed means you will get passed by other cars, busses and trucks more often and expose yourself more to traffic from behind. 

Often see smaller bikes pass me several times when traffic tighten a bit up, and just minutes later being passed by the traffic from behind  again when it looses up again. I guess this is a normal scenario for you when driving between BKK and Pattaya? 

My idea of safe driving is to have power enough to keep the traffic behind me, and also have power enough to change lanes when needed instead of braking. 

I keep an offansive lane when driving giving me space from the road shoulders, where traffic often comes from sides so-called surprisingly jumping whericle, traffic against you, sand, gravel, garbage and potholes often found on the road shoulders where most light mc use as their lanes. 

I have been driving 100k or more now, and never had a problem either? It really doesnt prove anything, but because of their position smaller motorbikes is often involved in accidents with others. 

smaller motorbikes often squeezed by trucks or bigger wericle for an instance? 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Riding a smaller bike close to top speed or at top speed means you will get passed by other cars, busses and trucks more often and expose yourself more to traffic from behind. 

Often see smaller bikes pass me several times when traffic tighten a bit up, and just minutes later being passed by the traffic from behind  again when it looses up again. I guess this is a normal scenario for you when driving between BKK and Pattaya? 

My idea of safe driving is to have power enough to keep the traffic behind me, and also have power enough to change lanes when needed instead of braking. 

I keep an offansive lane when driving giving me space from the road shoulders, where traffic often comes from sides so-called surprisingly jumping whericle, traffic against you, sand, gravel, garbage and potholes often found on the road shoulders where most light mc use as their lanes. 

I have been driving 100k or more now, and never had a problem either? It really doesnt prove anything, but because of their position smaller motorbikes is often involved in accidents with others. 

smaller motorbikes often squeezed by trucks or bigger wericle for an instance? 

On Sukhumvit between Pattaya and Sattahip it's about 4 lanes until road works, usually I'm in 2nd from left, most bikes stay in lane 1 and 2 most of the time, speeding pickups etc 100+ in lanes 3 and 4, works fine, not once have i needed more speed, 125i Click easy enough, acceleration is good, BTW I've also owned a 500, 600 and 800

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

On Sukhumvit between Pattaya and Sattahip it's about 4 lanes until road works, usually I'm in 2nd from left, most bikes stay in lane 1 and 2 most of the time, speeding pickups etc 100+ in lanes 3 and 4, works fine, not once have i needed more speed, 125i Click easy enough, acceleration is good, BTW I've also owned a 500, 600 and 800

I see the benefits in heavily traffic in cities or tourist places going shopping, to the beach and so on, but on longer distances, I do not. We had pcx while living more central, but for touring, I only did once, and it was ok, But I could never get used to have ongoing traffic passing me from behind.

My I ask you why you think it is an advantage with an smaller ???? when you are used to bigger ????? Thinking of going longer distances? You know your tires and brakes is not optional going in higher speeds, and you know you expose yourself to more traffic from behind, and often drivers with temper and no respect for you at all. 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I see the benefits in heavily traffic in cities or tourist places going shopping, to the beach and so on, but on longer distances, I do not. We had pcx while living more central, but for touring, I only did once, and it was ok, But I could never get used to have ongoing traffic passing me from behind.

My I ask you why you think it is an advantage with an smaller ???? when you are used to bigger ????? Thinking of going longer distances? You know your tires and brakes is not optional going in higher speeds, and you know you expose yourself to more traffic from behind, and often drivers with temper and no respect for you at all. 

For trips that i do, 70km return, a bigger bike just isn't necessary. With a Click 80kph is the sweetpot. A bigger bike would make me go faster and speed kills simple as that, the risk increases and if i wasn't going faster pointless getting a faster bike. Click can go to 100 but around 70-85 is common for most bikes. I don't feel like i must get in front of cars, quite the opposite i let them go if they want to go very fast and\or drive poorly

• Thumbs Up 1

In Chiang Mai we a good condition used Click 150 for the following reasons:  Wife wanted a step thru and the 150 was much better than her Scoopy 110 going up the mountains to visit her parent in Mae Rim. 

So: Step Thru and Hills/Mountains.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

For trips that i do, 70km return, a bigger bike just isn't necessary. With a Click 80kph is the sweetpot. A bigger bike would make me go faster and speed kills simple as that, the risk increases and if i wasn't going faster pointless getting a faster bike. Click can go to 100 but around 70-85 is common for most bikes. I don't feel like i must get in front of cars, quite the opposite i let them go if they want to go very fast and\or drive poorly

It will always be a crossing point where your opinion and my opinion meets. Statisticly smaller bikes is exposed more to others mistake, but bigger bikes riders is more exposed by their own experience, skills and mistakes.

Smaller bikers rely more on others do look out for them and respect them while big bikers rely more on their own skills.

Just wondering what kind of big bikes you had, since you manage to step down and feel comfortable on a smaller bike.

There is no way I would buy a smaller bike for longer day trips.

8 hours ago, pookett said:

It's a little faster with much better pulling power, think two up climbing steep hills etc..

Personally I wouldn't bother, spend a bit more and get a N-MAX or PCX. Everything vastly superior.

Thanks very much for the feedback.  I really appreciate it.

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I had the 125I for 3 years never had a problem.... changed to 160I 2 years ago and regret it ever since, speed it's no big difference, storage same and pretty much all the same, the PLUS for the 125I it had quick start pedal and ignition key VS 160I it's key less and had (still have) too many problems with it

Thanks very much for the feedback.  I really appreciate it.

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

Smaller bikers rely more on others do look out for them and respect them while big bikers rely more on their own skills.

Just wondering what kind of big bikes you had, since you manage to step down and feel comfortable on a smaller bike.

Your first point i just don't agree with, you seem to think big bike riders are more skillful, that's all in your mind.

My bikes were a Suzuki 500 can't remember which one, Honda CBR600 and BMW F800GS.

They were faster but more of a PITA, I definitely prefer the Click now, light, fast and bullet proof

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

It will always be a crossing point where your opinion and my opinion meets. Statisticly smaller bikes is exposed more to others mistake, but bigger bikes riders is more exposed by their own experience, skills and mistakes.

There is no way I would buy a smaller bike for longer day trips.

You know, you can get run over on a larger bike just as easy as you can a smaller bike.

There is no road logic here in Thailand and trying to justify there is, well that is just plain senseless.

You might meet your maker sooner in Thailand, no matter what size bike you ride, than in other first world countries.

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

ignition key VS 160I it's key less and had (still have) too many problems with it

Same here.  I have a 150i with the key less "Smart Key" and have had a lot of problems with it.  Google: "Honda Smart Key Problems" or similar.  I'm seriously thinking of selling the damn thing and buying an older scooter with a normal key.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That kick start saved me earlier this year when battery went flat with no warning 

been there done that and was extremely please 125 had it.... glad it worked for you as well

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaybott said:

Same here.  I have a 150i with the key less "Smart Key" and have had a lot of problems with it.  Google: "Honda Smart Key Problems" or similar.  I'm seriously thinking of selling the damn thing and buying an older scooter with a normal key.

am selling mine and going back to 125, purchasing date schedule for next month as dealer will have new colors in

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

You know, you can get run over on a larger bike just as easy as you can a smaller bike.

There is no road logic here in Thailand and trying to justify there is, well that is just plain senseless.

You might meet your maker sooner in Thailand, no matter what size bike you ride, than in other first world countries.

If you riding a motorbike, it is about to make yourself big by your position in the traffic, bee seen and never be trapped in dead spots of the view of other riders. As a big biker we do not squeeze in to tight spots as often as smaller bikes, and we see quite often smaller bikes ending up under big trucks out of different reasons. 

Of course big bike do not protect you from ignorant idiots who believe the road was made for them. 

• Sad 1