Has anyone changed from a Honda Click 125 to the Honda Click 160?

19 minutes ago, Hummin said:

when it comes to accidents, and the cause of accidents on smaller bikes

how many small bikes on the road compared to big bikes?????‍♂️

enough now, you clearly have some big bike superioroity complex
goodbye

Had a click 125, didn't like it, Airblade, nice, PCX, sort of OK, my back didn't like it, then a Grand Filano 125, which was OK, but my back didn't like that.

We now have a Yamaha Grand Filano Hybrid ABS.. It is the best of the lot, quiet more comfortable seat and fatter tyres than the old Filano...

It also takes off at the stop light drags.....:stoner:

PS, My Honda mower is 160cc.....????

Edited by transam

16 minutes ago, patman30 said:

how many small bikes on the road compared to big bikes?????‍♂️

enough now, you clearly have some big bike superioroity complex
goodbye

Yes, I do, I have 150, 250, 300, 500 and a 1000, so I should have seriously complexes about big bikes only!

Wish you a spended day as well. Good luck

Look what the motorike taxis drive most. Isn't that click 150 (except wave 125 for those on low budget/low fuel consumption). 150 ought to be better than 125 with load or a passenger and wear less on the engine since lower throttle is needed?

Edited by thailandsgreat

This is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with a Honda Click 160, and had I known what I know now, I never would have bought the damned thing.

1. My gut feeling when I was handed the remote key was mild trepidation, especially when I saw there was no kick start on the beast. I wasn't aware but It is a known issue if you don't turn the off switch properly, the battery will drain in about 4-6 hours, which I did. Thankfully, the local shop was less than a kilometer away, most of it downhill. They charged it back up, but I will never trust it again.

2. The wheel base is so small that I can't go to a standard air pump station to top up. I had to buy a bicycle pump with a 90 degree angle fitting.

3. I had a Honda 125 which had a much better feel when taking curves. This one just doesn't feel right.

It cruises comfortably at 90 km/hr on open roads and is a zippy little thing. I never really paid much attention to fuel consumption as I drive less than 200 km per month.

4 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Look what the motorike taxis drive most. Isn't that click 150 (except wave 125 for those on low budget/low fuel consumption). 150 ought to be better than 125 with load or a passenger and wear less on the engine since lower throttle is needed?

Most taxi bikes i see are Wave or Click 125i, both bullet proof. I think 125i is perfect around town but can use for longer trips like i did

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with a Honda Click 160, and had I known what I know now, I never would have bought the damned thing.

1. My gut feeling when I was handed the remote key was mild trepidation, especially when I saw there was no kick start on the beast. I wasn't aware but It is a known issue if you don't turn the off switch properly, the battery will drain in about 4-6 hours, which I did. Thankfully, the local shop was less than a kilometer away, most of it downhill. They charged it back up, but I will never trust it again.

2. The wheel base is so small that I can't go to a standard air pump station to top up. I had to buy a bicycle pump with a 90 degree angle fitting.

3. I had a Honda 125 which had a much better feel when taking curves. This one just doesn't feel right.

It cruises comfortably at 90 km/hr on open roads and is a zippy little thing. I never really paid much attention to fuel consumption as I drive less than 200 km per month.

I disagree on all those 3 points, the keyless fob works perfectly but you have to understand how it works, try reading the manual, takes 10 mins max

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most taxi bikes i see are Wave or Click 125i, both bullet proof. I think 125i is perfect around town but can use for longer trips like i did

Interesting how you and others go against the 160. I am a novice, just renting sometimes and maybe buying now. I just thought a few extra cc could be helpful if I loaded the bike with top box and maybe saddle packs for a week trip or so 

Edited by thailandsgreat

19 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Interesting how you and others go against the 160. I am a novice, just renting sometimes and maybe buying now. I just thought a few extra cc could be helpful if I loaded the bike with top box and maybe saddle packs for a week trip or so 

I like my 160 for sure, more powerful, you end up going faster than you need to. Coming back from Sattahip today I was 95-100, on the 125 I was doing 80-85 and it was enough. The reason i wouldn't buy the current 125 now is the old shape, if they bring a new shape out buy it if not 160 is good, can't go wrong with a Click, easy to sell

4 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

There are numerous reports of the battery dying, it's not just me. In a previous life I was a toolmaker, I know how things work (and don't)

Ah ok, as you know how things work, tell me how the keyless fob works? so battery doesn't run flat and never have an issue

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ah ok, as you know how things work, tell me how the keyless fob works? so battery doesn't run flat and never have an issue

We have a keyless bike, Yamaha Grand Filano hybrid ABS.

You just keep the fob in your pocket, belt, handbag...????

Not long after we bought the bike the battery went totally dead, it seems Mrs. T didn't turn the dash nob to off...

Took the battery out and went to Yamaha dealer, they tested the battery and said 1200bht for a new one, battery isn't guaranteed, so we walked out, took it to get it charged, they said it's dead, but we don't sell those.

Went to a bike shop and bought a no name brand battery for 500bht.

Up and running again. I bought one of those battery chargers that do stuff to liven up batteries, but it needs a minimum of 7 volts, We had 2 volts.

Took the battery off the car, linked the poles from it to the dead battery, gave it an hour, think the dead battery showed 10 volts, something like that, then connected it to the charger to do its thing.

The dead battery ended up fully charged and is still fine in the bike 2.5 years later. Seems these folk don't know or want to know how to revive a dead battery,

The 500bht battery is back in its box, for 2.5 years, every few months I charge it up, a good spare..................:stoner:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, transam said:

We have a keyless bike, Yamaha Grand Filano hybrid ABS.

You just keep the fob in your pocket, belt, handbag...????

Not long after we bought the bike the battery went totally dead, it seems Mrs. T didn't turn the dash nob to off...

Took the battery out and went to Yamaha dealer, they tested the battery and said 1200bht for a new one, battery isn't guaranteed, so we walked out, took it to get it charged, they said it's dead, but we don't sell those.

Went to a bike shop and bought a no name brand battery for 500bht.

Up and running again. I bought one of those battery chargers that do stuff to liven up batteries, but it needs a minimum of 7 volts, We had 2 volts.

Took the battery off the car, linked the poles from it to the dead battery, gave it an hour, think the dead battery showed 10 volts, something like that, then connected it to the charger to do its thing.

The dead battery ended up fully charged and is still fine in the bike 2.5 years later. Seems these folk don't know or want to know how to revive a dead battery,

The 500bht battery is back in its box, for 2.5 years, every few months I charge it up, a good spare..................:stoner:

Yes leaving the ignition at the On position would cause the battery to drain, people often blame the keyless fob though

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes leaving the ignition at the On position would cause the battery to drain, people often blame the keyless fob though

It also seems because the bike is Hybrid, the electric bit is intertwined with the engine...

1 minute ago, thailandsgreat said:

So locking the bike with the fob will not turn off the ignition ????

We don't use the fob, as long as you are within a metre of the bike with the fob in your pocket, you can do what you like with  the bike, but you must be sure you turn the dash switch to off so everything shuts down.

Soon get used to it, better than the key thing....????

6 minutes ago, transam said:

We don't use the fob, as long as you are within a metre of the bike with the fob in your pocket, you can do what you like with  the bike, but you must be sure you turn the dash switch to off so everything shuts down.

Soon get used to it, better than the key thing....????

I am a complete novice on this. So the fob has no buttons. You just keep it in the pocket and then the bike is maneuvarable with master switch and starter engine button on the bike?

Edited by thailandsgreat

10 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

So locking the bike with the fob will not turn off the ignition? ????

Once you turn the ignition to Lock that's it, ignition no longer On, you could use Off but then not locked, no need to press the fob or even remove from pocket or bag again, which is what many luddites get wrong

1 minute ago, thailandsgreat said:

I am a complete novice on this. So the fob has no buttons. You just keep it in the pocket and then the bike is maneuvarable with master switch and starter engine button on the bike?

It has one button, if you press it when the bike is locked the anti theft thing bleeps, something like that, but never use it, nobody can drive it away, it is controlled by the fob......

Which reminds me, I should test/replace the fob battery....:whistling:

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Once you turn the ignition to Lock that's it, ignition no longer On, you could use Off but then not locked, no need to press the fob or even remove from pocket or bag again, which is what many luddites get wrong

I see. Long ago my family had a car with fob with buttons.  But they are out of fashion  now.

The buttonless fobs can not control the ignition. If you drop it during riding you would come to a sudden stop ????

7 minutes ago, transam said:

It has one button, if you press it when the bike is locked the anti theft thing bleeps, something like that, but never use it, nobody can drive it away, it is controlled by the fob......

Which reminds me, I should test/replace the fob battery....:whistling:

I read somewhere you can use a fob with a  completely dead battery if you hold it very close to the right spot on the bike (and press unlock?). Some backup  circuit.

Edited by thailandsgreat

5 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I see. Long ago my family had a car with fob with buttons.  But they are out of fashion  now.

The buttonless fobs can not control the ignition. If you drop it during riding you would come to a sudden stop ????

Have a look at the manual further up, should become clearer

One must really be careful on the highways, is my impression. I have mostly rented bikes up north. Went on Sukhumvit Pattaya now. Lane change for right turn is critical. Probably best as a beginner to wait on the left bank for a red light, a few hundred meters before the turn and then quickly rush over to right lane when clear, was my first conclusion.

Bike is a good way to get to know some places outside the cities. One must be really careful.

Edited by thailandsgreat

I have the latest model Wave 125i.  I don't ride it much because around the village and down to the beach I have an old junker.  I do ride it when I go to phuket.  Just did a recent trip.  Only just run in now with 3000kms.  When I first got it the gearbox felt a little chunky and the engine did not run that smoothly.

But on this last trip everything was perfect.  Engine now runs like a clock and the gearbox is good.

• Like 1