Has anyone changed from a Honda Click 125 to the Honda Click 160?

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

On helmets open or fullface, it is up to the wearer id go for a full face. Better to put up with the heat then hitting your face on the Tarmac in the event of an accident. Id prefer me lid being scraped away instead of my face. Plus if your helmet is open-face without a visor you will be blinded by a flying insect hitting your face at 50-60 ks an hour.

This is why I wear a full face.

WP_20160713_002.jpg

• Love It 1

35 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Scanned several shops in Pattaya today. Found a few large helmets but still tight. Will probably have to check mail order or go to BKK ????

Lazada har returns within 7 (14?) days, but when do I get the money back.

Lazada returns are good but not aure about change of mind, non fault. 

Did you try motorcycle shop on Buakhao opposite hospital?

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lazada returns are good but not aure about change of mind, non fault. 

Did you try motorcycle shop on Buakhao opposite hospital?

Yes. The two largest they had were Shark and NJC. Around 7k and 11k price as I remember. They say the helmets loosen up but they felt real tight. I seem to need around XXL depending on make.

But for that money I wish to feel 100% good about fit and model.

Lazada seems to have change of mind only for fashion and mother/baby products.

Maybe Real at 2900 in another shop was best buy but still tight.

I got a helmet but look to improve model.

Edited by thailandsgreat

For helmet you really need to try it, can't buy from Lazada and hope to send back, they are sometimes tricky on that, small print says getting the right size is your responsibility...

They also refund Cash on Delivery to Lazada Wallet, used to be a pain to get activated for farangs, I heard it's possible now, but I never done it, still have a few hundred bahts in there due to refunds...!

I bought a MT flip-up helmet this year, Spanish company, made in China - like everything these days..., it was really solid and fit okay, but after 80kph speed there was a terrible noise on the left side, unbearable, I used it for a long 4 weeks trip, suffered all the way, then after sold it on FB later for a loss...

I wish we could test ride helmets, I'm happy to pay money to test one at 100kph just for 5min, will know how good it behaves..., a business opportunity for someone...!

I want to try Shark Evo ES next, flips right back behind, so can be open face for town and full face for roads, and it's the same as their Evo GT, but cheaper, around 11.5k baht. Maybe give it a try if in any shop... 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Agusts said:

For helmet you really need to try it, can't buy from Lazada and hope to send back, they are sometimes tricky on that, small print says getting the right size is your responsibility...

They also refund Cash on Delivery to Lazada Wallet, used to be a pain to get activated for farangs, I heard it's possible now, but I never done it, still have a few hundred bahts in there due to refunds...!

I bought a MT flip-up helmet this year, Spanish company, made in China - like everything these days..., it was really solid and fit okay, but after 80kph speed there was a terrible noise on the left side, unbearable, I used it for a long 4 weeks trip, suffered all the way, then after sold it on FB later for a loss...

I wish we could test ride helmets, I'm happy to pay money to test one at 100kph just for 5min, will know how good it behaves..., a business opportunity for someone...!

I want to try Shark Evo ES next, flips right back behind, so can be open face for town and full face for roads, and it's the same as their Evo GT, but cheaper, around 11.5k baht. Maybe give it a try if in any shop... 

Nice helmet but definitely won't fit under the seat, but a way round it is to buy a top box, problem solved

13 hours ago, Agusts said:

I saw such helmets recently. The chin protection flips all the way back while the visor can still be in place. Seems well balanced also when they are flipped. I have had a few others where you can just flip up the visor and chin protection in one piece and then they often become front heavy and put load on your neck.

There are also locks for helmets. I wonder if they act as a deterrent or a challenge to the thief ???? the simplest being a strap you insert into the buckle of the chin strap and lock somewhere on the bike.

Edited by thailandsgreat

17 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

I saw such helmets recently. The chin protection flips all the way back while the visor can still be in place. Seems well balanced also when they are flipped. I have had a few others where you can just flip up the visor and chin protection in one piece and then they often become front heavy and put load on your neck.

There are also locks for helmets. I wonder if they act as a deterrent or a challenge to the thief ???? the simplest being a strap you insert into the buckle of the chin strap and lock somewhere on the bike.

I always leave my helmet outside the bike but put the metal d ring on the spike inside the seat and close the seat. I thought secure but of course once someone cut through the strap and stole the helmet!

I have little experience but I assume the supermarket parkings have cctv and are comparatively safe, but outside that ...

A wire through the opening for the face in a full face helmet and also around the bike frame would attract attention.

Looks like we may have to do like the Thais and buy a Filano 125cc, or a PCI, ADV etc which I believe fit one full face helmet.

Storage for a full face helmet is one of the few factors against a Click. A top box would solve that but would be nice to use for other stuff. I guess a larger top box also reduces mobility in traffic, passing between cars?

Edited by thailandsgreat

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 5:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I know the part you refer to but it has a range of 0.5-1m max, so certainly no worries if in your room.

Try it and you will see, move the fob away and try to start it

Going to buy a click with the GF the next few days.  She has her own money and I'm just trying to help her out. She only goes short distances and is has only been riding motorbikes for a couple years  She is far from a fluid rider and safety is my main concern.  She is 59 yo so isn't interested in a flashy scooter.  I'm a little younger and have the Aerox ????  I think the 125i is perfect for her 3 kilometer market trip and the rare 20 kilometer trips to friends homes.

Figure she can pick one up in Ubon for around 54k.  Should she get the combo brake model?

52 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Going to buy a click with the GF the next few days.  She has her own money and I'm just trying to help her out. She only goes short distances and is has only been riding motorbikes for a couple years  She is far from a fluid rider and safety is my main concern.  She is 59 yo so isn't interested in a flashy scooter.  I'm a little younger and have the Aerox ????  I think the 125i is perfect for her 3 kilometer market trip and the rare 20 kilometer trips to friends homes.

Figure she can pick one up in Ubon for around 54k.  Should she get the combo brake model?

125i is the right choice, certainly enough power, All 125i Clicks are combo brakes.

It's good to practice braking with left first (something like 70% back 30% front) then brake with right (front 100%) if need be. 

Problem with a sudden emergency stop is grabbing the right front brake and wheel lock and you go down. She may know all that already

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

125i is the right choice, certainly enough power, All 125i Clicks are combo brakes.

It's good to practice braking with left first (something like 70% back 30% front) then brake with right (front 100%) if need be. 

Problem with a sudden emergency stop is grabbing the right front brake and wheel lock and you go down. She may know all that already

Thanks and she is clueless on a motorbike.  She is a city girl and had no need to learn. I'll let her know about the braking technicals.

On 9/23/2023 at 10:59 AM, atpeace said:

Thanks and she is clueless on a motorbike.  She is a city girl and had no need to learn. I'll let her know about the braking technicals.

I am a novice so I listen to the videos. This guy is pretty funny if you want to go nerdy in it. His message is to use the front brake but "gradually", no panic squeeze (of course) (and combine with rear). (I believe the combo brakes will "think" for you as long as you don't lock the wheels.)

https://youtu.be/YdrR9EFNdqo?si=UZ44GK6FGqN1DjAe

I finally bought a pcx. All works well but over the weekend the shop called and said the certificate of residence wasn't valid. When I paid I repeatedly pointed out the certificate was for a bank and at that time they said no problem. This week I will help them and get a new one. (Don't ask me how much for the bike. ???? I looked around but still had to overpay.)

The 125 click is probably the best and most suited for the trips you describe. Very nimble in traffic.

Now I look for a place to wash the bike. Getting outside Pattaya in this season quickly makes it dirty. Will probably stop washing after a few months ????

Still also looking for some empty parking lot to practice slow speed maneuvering.

Edited by thailandsgreat

@thailandsgreat

Sorry for the @ - quote a post isn't working.

Congrats on the new PCX - have been looking at PCX / ADV 160 recently, doing endless research and procrastinating before I commit - they both seem to have their pros and cons.

Click 160 abs seems to be unavailable.

Here where I am (not Patts)

PCX 160 abs is 93,600

ADV is 98,600 - on the road prices.

Just a heads up - any of the Honda 160 engined scooters produced before 26th April this Year can be prone to faulty gearing in the oil pump, and can, on faliure, damage your engine.

You are entitled to have it checked and open a claim for replacement if needs be - any authorised Honda dealer must honour this.

How's the suspension for your bodyweight ?

I'm 95kg.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Pla Simon said:

@thailandsgreat

Sorry for the @ - quote a post isn't working.

Congrats on the new PCX - have been looking at PCX / ADV 160 recently, doing endless research and procrastinating before I commit - they both seem to have their pros and cons.

Click 160 abs seems to be unavailable.

Here where I am (not Patts)

PCX 160 abs is 93,600

ADV is 98,600 - on the road prices.

Just a heads up - any of the Honda 160 engined scooters produced before 26th April this Year can be prone to faulty gearing in the oil pump, and can, on faliure, damage your engine.

You are entitled to have it checked and open a claim for replacement if needs be - any authorised Honda dealer must honour this.

How's the suspension for your bodyweight ?

I'm 95kg.

Thanks in advance.

I chose PCX over ADV because

More comfortable arm position for longer rides (a little apehanger maybe ????). ADV is more "active motocross" ????

Lower to step into. If I get a top box I can not swing leg over back so easily.

A little lower seat. Easier to flat foot at red light.

But ADV has firmer suspension, which I liked. I would guess at 90+ kg ADV is better for an "emergency swerve" if needed. But maybe less comfortable for a longer ride. But PCX is also a good  bike for everyone I guess. The 110+ kg guys on the highway all seem to ride Forza 350.

Some sellers in Pattaya have click 160 as I remember. Click is easier to maneuver between cars in the city but will not "steamroll" by itself on the highway, you must be more active.

If you choose pcx be sure to get the abs, ADV has only abs model I believe, and of course check it is 160 as you desire.

Thanks for info on oil pump.

Those are just my impressions as a beginner after renting.

Looks is a matter of taste. But doesn't it look like they found out afterwards that blinkers and instrumentation must also be mounted on the ADV  ????

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

I chose PCX over ADV because

More comfortable arm position for longer rides (a little apehanger maybe ????). ADV is more "active motocross" ????

Lower to step into. If I get a top box I can not swing leg over back so easily.

A little lower seat. Easier to flat foot at red light.

But ADV has firmer suspension, which I liked. I would guess at 90+ kg ADV is better for an "emergency swerve" if needed. But maybe less comfortable for a longer ride. But PCX is also a good  bike for everyone I guess. The 110+ kg guys on the highway all seem to ride Forza 350.

Some sellers in Pattaya have click 160 as I remember. Click is easier to maneuver between cars in the city but will not "steamroll" by itself on the highway, you must be more active.

If you choose pcx be sure to get the abs, ADV has only abs model I believe, and of course check it is 160 as you desire.

Thanks for info on oil pump.

Those are just my impressions as a beginner after renting.

Looks is a matter of taste. But doesn't it look like they found out afterwards that blinkers and instrumentation must also be mounted on the ADV  ????

Cheers.

Yes, taste is ultimately subjective, but I try to research everything based on practicality aswell.

Only use scooters for local vicinity.

I like all 3 models PCX - ADV - CLICK.

Click ABS is not available.

Owners have complained about rear indicator placement on the mudguard - getting snapped off inadvertently, aswell as both front and rear shocks bottoming out easily under load.

I like the fit and finish of the ADV, aswell as commanding riding position.- feels really solid, although perhaps a little cramped in terms of feet placement for me. I like the fact that it has a battery health indicator in lieu of kickstarter - should be standard, instead of exclusive.

Thai owner reviews have complained about ineffective and extremely loose windscreen., slippery tyres, overly harsh shocks, aswell as little defence from rear mud / rain spray, requiring a rear mudguard mod and drilling, or top box to remedy. Noisy exhaust note  compared to PCX / Click.

PCX surprised me - looks better in real life. I like the bigger under seat storage, tubeless michelin tyres, fit and finish seems ok.

Complaints range from tyres being very hard to inflate without elbow valve fitting, inferior shocks compared to ADV, aswell as biased rear geometry on some models, leading to uneven tyre wear.

Abs models get complaints of only being front wheel, but ADV and PCX have switchable traction control to mitigate.

Some complaints about certain metal components rusting quickly, compared to other brands, aswell as storage compartments not being lockable, aswell as tired wrists on long journeys - remedied by headstock extensions

Many complaints about oil pump gearing issue on all models, and lack of accountability / transparency / help from certain dealers.

Many complaints about dealer mark-ups.

I find myself still torm between PCX and ADV, but perhaps starting to lean towards PCX more.

Enjoy !

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 10:33 AM, thailandsgreat said:

I guess a larger top box also reduces mobility in traffic, passing between cars?

I rent my motorbike.  Went from a Click with no top-box to a Fino with a medium sized box, about 36 Liter.  I felt no difference in handling while maneuvering in tight spaces nor did I feel any change in stability.

When the box is stuffed after a Makro run, the bike doesn't feel particularly top heavy though I know it is.   Top box really made things so much easier for me, especially in situations like grocery shopping.  Not having overloaded bags hanging between my legs while negotiating Jomtien's unpredictable roadways is so much less distracting. 

Edited by dddave

23 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Still also looking for some empty parking lot to practice slow speed maneuvering.

If you are handy to Jomtien, follow the signs off Soi Wat Boon Kanchana to the Library/Youth Center.  Really large area with ample room to practice.  Not empty but traffic is sparce.

I find the biggest issue I encounter in roads around Jomtien is sand on the road; everywhere.  You really have to be careful, especially with front brakes.  This is true even when going slowly or turning.  It's very easy to loose front wheel traction with just a touch of the brake when sand is involved.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dddave said:

I rent my motorbike.  Went from a Click with no top-box to a Fino with a medium sized box, about 36 Liter.  I felt no difference in handling while maneuvering in tight spaces nor did I feel any change in stability.

When the box is stuffed after a Makro run, the bike doesn't feel particularly top heavy though I know it is.   Top box really made things so much easier for me, especially in situations like grocery shopping.  Not having overloaded bags hanging between my legs while negotiating Jomtien's unpredictable roadways is so much less distracting. 

I've just fitted a 45L top box to my Click 160, no difference in maneuvering, I'm liking the extra space

On 9/26/2023 at 10:44 AM, dddave said:

If you are handy to Jomtien, follow the signs off Soi Wat Boon Kanchana to the Library/Youth Center.  Really large area with ample room to practice.  Not empty but traffic is sparce.

I find the biggest issue I encounter in roads around Jomtien is sand on the road; everywhere.  You really have to be careful, especially with front brakes.  This is true even when going slowly or turning.  It's very easy to loose front wheel traction with just a touch of the brake when sand is involved.

I passed the library and Youth center today. Nice area to go around. But still difficult to find empty parking lots or similar with paved surface for slow speed training. Most is "dirt and gravel".

On 7/28/2022 at 2:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Did you buy the Click 160? new  160 PCX still have the armchair floating feeling?

I bought a new Click 125 just over 5 years ago. I think it was around 50 - 55k baht and a new Click 160 was around 65k, but the guy in the shop who sold me it recommended a PCX rather than the Click 160; I settled with the Click 125 and am totally happy with it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, safarimike11 said:

I bought a new Click 125 just over 5 years ago. I think it was around 50 - 55k baht and a new Click 160 was around 65k, but the guy in the shop who sold me it recommended a PCX rather than the Click 160; I settled with the Click 125 and am totally happy with it.

Good choice, i loved my 125

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good choice, i loved my 125

I (had) thought that the 125 would be underpowered, but totally not the case. Still, I would have like to try out the Click 160, but - as is usually the case - they wouldn't let me test drive it; they are AR about putting anything on the mileometer... anything.

40 minutes ago, safarimike11 said:

I (had) thought that the 125 would be underpowered, but totally not the case. Still, I would have like to try out the Click 160, but - as is usually the case - they wouldn't let me test drive it; they are AR about putting anything on the mileometer... anything.

I have rented click 160 in Patts. My impression is there were several available.

Edited by thailandsgreat

1 hour ago, safarimike11 said:

The 160 is noticeably more powerful, I'm now doing 100 on Sukhumvit when i used to do 80s on 125, you just end up going faster