Teaching License 2022

sensei

I would like to ask the experts here about the current requirements in getting a teaching license for someone who's got a degree in education. I am asking for a friend who needs to get one. I've got mine ages ago and I am on my 2nd renewal and I am not aware of the current requirements.

Is the Thai culture course still a requirement?

What do you know about the e-license that I have heard about?

I would appreciate your input. 

Thank you!

Why don't you direct them to the TCT and apply for their license? You'll find out what's what far more accurately then asking here.

No one will be able to answer this because no one has a BA/S in Education and far fewer have applied after 2019.

My guess is they are eligible. They might still need to take the mystery exam. Would not even venture a guess. Common sense says no. Thailand says yes.

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...

As far as I am aware you need:

A year of full time study in education from an accredited university (diploma or postgrad). Then you can apply for the TCT exam which is annually in February by the looks of it, unless you completed your study pre-2019, in which case you don't need to sit the exam and can apply immediately. 

If anyone knows if this has changed again please let me know! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fin5prtw said:

As far as I am aware you need:

A year of full time study in education from an accredited university (diploma or postgrad). Then you can apply for the TCT exam which is annually in February by the looks of it, unless you completed your study pre-2019, in which case you don't need to sit the exam and can apply immediately. 

If anyone knows if this has changed again please let me know! 

This is my understanding too. Though, Krusapa told me the exam might be twice a year.

What I'd really like to know is amid all these changes what's their stance on how many waivers you can get while waiting to take the test?

(especially considering there weren't any tests available in 2020 or 2021 due to covid; so our only opportunity since the 2019 change has been one test earlier this year in February)

There will be a lot of people sitting on their 4th waiver now and they didn't have much of a chance to sit the test.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:37 AM, 2009 said:

This is my understanding too. Though, Krusapa told me the exam might be twice a year.

What I'd really like to know is amid all these changes what's their stance on how many waivers you can get while waiting to take the test?

(especially considering there weren't any tests available in 2020 or 2021 due to covid; so our only opportunity since the 2019 change has been one test earlier this year in February)

There will be a lot of people sitting on their 4th waiver now and they didn't have much of a chance to sit the test.

Yes I was informed that there might be a second test later on this year, but I'm yet to hear more. I'm nearing the end of my 4th waiver now having stupidly wasted the first two when I wasn't aware of the KSP waivers/rules/the impact it would have. My 4th waiver expires early next year, so hopefully I'll have sat and passed the exam by then, if not, I guess we will find out. It's not much fun being in this position of constant worry that's for sure.

On 9/5/2022 at 9:57 PM, stubuzz said:

It looks like the Krusapa website is down.

I'm not sure what you may be seeing, but I just registered on the site--have yet to get results back--and I had considerable difficulty with the identification number.  The form kept removing the "Send" option if I tried to fill in that field.  I finally narrowed it down to that specific field, as none of the others presented a problem for me.  I checked the page source, saw the javascript code that was returning "false" if the number did not have 13 digits, and then typed in my identification number in a separate text editor, copied and pasted the full 13 digits all at once into that field in the browser window, and voila!  I was finally able to submit my form without it disabling itself.

Of course, to have a 13-digit ID number, a foreigner must have the pink card, or at least the yellow "tabien ban."  I've heard that many foreigners do not have this number (and it can be a bear to obtain), so they go through the school that employs them, having the school do the online submission for them, using the school's own numbers.  I'm not sure exactly how that works, but it is certain that one cannot register for Kurusapa without the 13-digit identification number.