We are finding it hard to retain staff. Many resign and dont give notice.

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Oh please, have you even tried hiring 5 people right now, they are not to be found. Let alone for the over time of a few hours on 4 staff, yeah let's hire 4 fulltimers for that and go bankrupt.

Theoretical genius = failure retiree no 1,030,340 in practice.

I know 100's in Isaan that would love to have a job out of the fields

If you are going bankrupt because of a few extra Thai workers, at their pathetically small salary, your business is not very sound or else you are just barely making it.

Let's see 6 Thai workers at 10,000 baht a month. That is 60,000 baht a month (around US $2000 a month). If you cannot afford that, what are you doing in business?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just as a point of reference.  Here in the USA, I work in the defense industry.  Over 40 years I have been in the active Air Force, then worked for most of the big companies such as Boeing, Lockheed, Northrop, General Dynamics, not to mention several small firms.  The last few years every large company has stopped offering pension plans.  Sure they give you some more vacation days, and slightly increase their matching 401 k contributions, but no pension.  So many employees get tired and just don't see the reason to stay on.  The turnover rates these days are huge.  turnover always existed, but not like today's numbers.  with no pension carrot on a stick to strive for, staying long term is so much less attractive.

Now for Thailand, looking ahead to the future sadly seems to be not a big thing in the Thai mentality, so I am not sure that even having some sort of longevity bonus or "pension" would even work, but you never know.  A few lunches and treats here and there are NOT going to pique their interest to stay.  Mai Sanook or not fun pops up in the Thai mentality pretty quick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nightfox said:

Like anything in life, you get what you pay for. Give them a reason to stay by paying them a bit more then the average minimum wage and you will see your revolving door be less revolving. 

He actually said he pays well above the norm already.

25 minutes ago, malt25 said:

"we pay the well above the norm compared to our competitors. We pay double time if they work on public holidays. "

Maybe you were a bad person in a previous life

and are paying for it now.

Maybe you should hire Khmer, Laos, or Rhyinga.?

You want some cheese with the whine.?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2