We are finding it hard to retain staff. Many resign and dont give notice.

On 7/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some people seem think that there only two kinds of jobs in Thailand ; Either prostitution or planting rice in a field . 

Don't these ignorant people not realise that there are jobs in 7/11 ?

I'm not really sure who the ignorant one is here.

How many times do you see a 7/11 understaffed for a prolonged period of time? Sure, the turnover is high and there might be the odd day when they're running slightly under capacity, but the fact is that most jobs in 7/11 are filled pretty quickly.

I also heard that there's an educational entry level that staff need to satisfy before being eligible to work there. I'm not sure if that is true, but if it is then it instantly excludes the majority of sex/rice workers.

But even if the qualifications requirements is not true, if all the sexy rice girls decided at once that they had had enough and were going to find work in 7/11, Lotus'ss'sz, Family Mart or wherever, do you honestly believe there'd be enough work for all of them? How about half of them? 10%? 1...?

The only other real jobs available to people in these situations, unless they know somebody with influence, are manual labor/factory work.

And, again, there's not nearly enough of such work to go around should a significant number of candidates suddenly emerge.

Edited by JayClay
  • Like 1

OP  I  feel  your  pain, its  quie simple  though, many of them are  bone  idle from what Ive seen over 10  years, they also  have no thought of saving or  of tomorrow, they get a fist  full  of cash and off they go...........then a  few weeks  months later their  reality sets  in and they go off  for  another  job.

Ive said this  before but salary is  not the  deciding thing for them, they often get  bored also.

In my 10  years Ive had two decent workers, the rest  have been total drivel.

Burmese..........doesnt make much difference these  days, found them going the same  way.

Ive posted  the same for  years  , to be met with the "if  you paid them a decent wage " blah blah blah,  usually posted  by a bunch of clueless  morons.

I  have one lad  now, hes doing the work usually done by two  people, but he does it with ease and has lots of free  time , proving to me what I always  knew that two  people is  overkill, not  only that he only  has 1.5  hands........lost 3  fingers in an industrial accident. His salary is 15k a  month +  house electric  water ,  motorbike, fish. Ive used him 3  times over that ten years but he does get bored, it  maybe with age he sees  its  his  best choice, his salary increases  each year by 1000 a  month.

He worked  here  about 8 years  ago, stayed for 18  months left, came  back 18  months later stayed 18 months   left, came  back 14months  ago now.

Many Thais simply dont have any get up an go...........but they have plenty of GO.............oh yeah and theyll  tell all their friends  you were a  krap employer also.

Dreading the day when my lad leaves.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 10:57 PM, dia1 said:

Every employee is a human with ambitions and goals

No not  in Thailand, most just drift thru  life  day to day...........enter the reality of many Thais, they give almost zero though to tomorrow.which is why they up and  leave a  job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

and then you say, "That's why I'm here!!!!!!!!!! I'm too serious!!!!!   Now get this stress out of my banana, I mean my foot!!!"   

you should stop playing with yourself old man! ????

OSMFF!  

Edited by thailand49
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JayClay said:

How many times do you see a 7/11 understaffed for a prolonged period of time? Sure, the turnover is high and there might be the odd day when they're running slightly under capacity, but the fact is that most jobs in 7/11 are filled pretty quickly.

I also heard that there's an educational entry level that staff need to satisfy before being eligible to work there. I'm not sure if that is true, but if it is then it instantly excludes the majority of sex/rice workers.

But even if the qualifications requirements is not true, if all the sexy rice girls decided at once that they had had enough and were going to find work in 7/11, Lotus'ss'sz, Family Mart or wherever, do you honestly believe there'd be enough work for all of them? How about half of them? 10%? 1...?

The only other real jobs available to people in these situations, unless they know somebody with influence, are manual labor/factory work.

And, again, there's not nearly enough of such work to go around should a significant number of candidates suddenly emerge.

We have to use labour hire from Camodia and Loas as no locals want to work.

28 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Really ?

I would not know, I do not work at a 7/11.

Sorry. I didn't realize you were talking about your own business. Probably due to the fact that you quoted a big long post of mine about staffing opportunities in 7/11.

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Sorry. I didn't realize you were talking about your own business. Probably due to the fact that you quoted a big long post of mine about staffing opportunities in 7/11.

I was replying to this part of your post.

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

• Like 1

I don't know if it's any consolation, but a Thai friend who manages a business is reporting pretty much the same.

Maybe it's just too easy to find a new job whenever they need to work again? So when they feel like taking an extended break, they just do it without a care in the world. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't know if it's any consolation, but a Thai friend who manages a business is reporting pretty much the same.

Maybe it's just too easy to find a new job whenever they need to work again? So when they feel like taking an extended break, they just do it without a care in the world. 

We have atleast 2 a week do a no show citing they have found a better job/could not be <deleted> working.

On 7/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some people seem think that there only two kinds of jobs in Thailand ; Either prostitution or planting rice in a field . 

Don't these ignorant people not realise that there are jobs in 7/11 ?

You need to have completed school to age 15 (3 years high school) to work in any of the franchise chains.

Only 20% of the Thai population have ever attended high school, which leaves 80% of the Thai population excluded from working in such places.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You need to have completed school to age 15 (3 years high school) to work in any of the franchise chains.

Only 20% of the Thai population have ever attended high school, which leaves 80% of the Thai population excluded from working in such places.

Wow, never knew that..........how sad.

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its not true though .

Its compulsory for Thai kids to attends school and 85 % of Thais stay in school until they are 15 and 75% go onto further education 

What an ignorant post, it's almost as if you don't live in Thailand and don't have a Thai family and kids.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JayClay said:

I think that its people who only ever go into 7/11's and bars who think 7/11's and bars are the only two jobs available ,

• Like 1

We are finding it hard to retain staff. Many resign and dont give notice.

Perhaps you should reflect on how you treat your staff?  Just reflecting on years as an employed person and the reasons why I quit?

Give your management style a serious review. 

Where there is smoke, there is fire.  Just saying.  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha 10k a month, which century was that in?.........try minimum 12k and upwards for field work PrachuapKhirikhan

Try 200 baht a day where we live in Isaan

You think every area pays the exact same?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Try 200 baht a day where we live in Isaan

You think every area pays the exact same?

And "if" thats the  case why dont those  looking for  work travel then? Theyre  lazy +  Issan isnt  all of Thailand either...Wife  is  from Issan she knows the scre with the locals  up there, she  knows  all too well including many of her bone idle  family.

Seems  plenty of  replies  here are   seeing what I see in regards to employment of  Thais in general and their work attitude.

As a  ps  Id  be more than happy to take any of those 200 baht a day workers, reality is they probably want 200 to sit  on their <deleted>  all day.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

On 7/30/2022 at 12:32 PM, Hummin said:

I believe Thais and especially Isan people is not used to work full time, they are used to work seasons, and work little bit here and little bit there, like stray workers ???? A cultural thing

There  seems to be an element  around  here that they work 2-3  days  get enough  money for beer spend the next 3-4 days  drunk then quit, rinse and repeat

27 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

And "if" thats the  case why dont those  looking for  work travel then? Theyre  lazy +  Issan isnt  all of Thailand either...Wife  is  from Issan she knows the scre with the locals  up there, she  knows  all too well including many of her bone idle  family.

Seems  plenty of  replies  here are   seeing what I see in regards to employment of  Thais in general and their work attitude.

As a  ps  Id  be more than happy to take any of those 200 baht a day workers, reality is they probably want 200 to sit  on their <deleted>  all day.

Do you really think these folks can afford to travel?

Man, so many people have no idea how many people in rural Isaan actually have to live like this and are lucky to eat each day.

Isaan 1.jpg

Issan 2.jpg

• Like 1