What is the official site for Thailand Elite Visa?

11 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

no. j the 5 years starts before you get the visa in the passport.  I got emails specifically saying the 5 years starts as soon as you get final approval.  You could be sitting on the couch in your home country and the clock starts ticking. 

The elite members ship would start from the day you have paid for the visa and it is approved. It

The Elite visa's validity starts from the day it put in your passport.

19 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

no. j the 5 years starts before you get the visa in the passport.  I got emails specifically saying the 5 years starts as soon as you get final approval.  You could be sitting on the couch in your home country and the clock starts ticking. 

correct. that's what i've been told, too.

after you paid, you get a 'welcome letter' and issuance date is when your 5y. start running.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 3:59 AM, malone99 said:

correct. that's what i've been told, too.

after you paid, you get a 'welcome letter' and issuance date is when your 5y. start running.

yeah.  I got several emails on it as I have corresponded with the Elite folks.  So if one gets the Ellite, just be aware of when time starts

On 8/13/2022 at 8:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

The elite members ship would start from the day you have paid for the visa and it is approved. It

The Elite visa's validity starts from the day it put in your passport.

I understand you are separating the membership from the visa validity, however the Elite folks tell me that when the Membership expires, the visa validity also will expire.  So people can sort out what they think really happens.

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 12:08 AM, BeerAttractedPerson said:

I did that myself, my 5 year expired late 2021 ( bought at 500k 2016). They offered me another 15 years for 500k and I happily accepted. All smooth.

I am exactly in the same situation and my membership (PE 5 years) will run out in November 2023 as will be my current permission to stay (a bit before). When you say they contacted you by themselves how much ahead of the membership-expiry was this ?

I am as well asking because my current passport will run out at the end of 2027. So still enough time to get a new sticker in the current passport and then transfer all when my new passport is due sometime mid 2027.. The current passport has more than enough free pages.

So far I have had only the best experience dealing with Thai Elite. They are precise and quick.

I would be sincerely grateful if you could share your thoughts and first hand experience about this since you have obviously done it successfully. You may of course PM me as well. Thank you really very much.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, moogradod said:

I am exactly in the same situation and my membership (PE 5 years) will run out in November 2023 as will be my current permission to stay (a bit before). When you say they contacted you by themselves how much ahead of the membership-expiry was this ?

I am as well asking because my current passport will run out at the end of 2027. So still enough time to get a new sticker in the current passport and then transfer all when my new passport is due sometime mid 2027.. The current passport has more than enough free pages.

So far I have had only the best experience dealing with Thai Elite. They are precise and quick.

I would be sincerely grateful if you could share your thoughts and first hand experience about this since you have obviously done it successfully. You may of course PM me as well. Thank you really very much.

I wrote them about 1.5 months before my PE would run out thinking l was gonna have to cough up 1mill. That's when they sent the response that I could just upgrade by paying the difference.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BeerAttractedPerson said:

I wrote them about 1.5 months before my PE would run out thinking l was gonna have to cough up 1mill. That's when they sent the response that I could just upgrade by paying the difference.

Thank you very much for for your response. Your information helps me to make the process succesful and as smooth as possible.

• 4 months later...

This threads first page was highly suspicious, cross-chats between author and bobby davro, where most of the information including 'not a real visa, just a nod and a wink visa' laughable that those posts are on any credible Elite thread

5000 members are joining ever 6 months, that means in under 2 years, there will be more than 40,000 members, a huge number of people living or staying in Thailand adhoc, spending money, which as we know, each and every regime in the country wants

What this card on this website does attract, are those that want to discredit, as visa agents of other programmes like Longstsay or LTR, or just pointless posters sidetracking with useless information or just outright lies

On 11/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, moogradod said:

A new passport just means they will transfer the visa into the new passport, with the same 5 year visa expiry date

On 7/29/2022 at 6:00 AM, KIngsofisaan said:

You never know which government will be in charge at that point?

Of course things can change.

My concern is have a PM elected that doesn't want any farangs here.

Always a concern.

Never trust Thailand

That's more likely for the LTR programme, Elite has 23k members, and is growing at 5000 members every 6 months, and this regime are the opposite of the next regime, so who exactly will cancel? the generals in power now, enjoying 5000 new members every 6 months, or Taksin's family for the next regime, the man who started Elite? 

Think visas, golden visas around the world have moved on, and Thailand's version of the 'golden visa' is the cheapest on the planet

I be more worried about more changes to retirement visas, work permits and LTR visas for any new regime, but any new regime will be extra close with China, and with 40% of new members Chinese, I would worry that for me the future would be nirvana with far less Chinese control, as it re-inforces corruption and is anti a rules based society, and keeps the masses under-developed as a society and under-educated, that's my worry, not a regime who are greedy

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

I find this on the Thailand Elite website: "Five-year multiple entry visa with extendable one-year length of stay per each entry"

Can somebody explain what this means in plain English?

You get a Visa that is valid for 5 years upon activation and each time you enter Thailand, you are given a permission to stay that is valid for one year after which you can then extend it for another year for 1900 baht until the 5 years are over.

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

I find this on the Thailand Elite website: "Five-year multiple entry visa with extendable one-year length of stay per each entry"

Can somebody explain what this means in plain English?

As per Ohyesuare post Elite visa (say like a 20 year Elite visa) is given in 5 year chunks and each time you enter Thailand you get a 1 year permit to stay.  If you don't want to exit and reenter Thailand like doing a border bounce to get another 1 year permit to stay on the Elite visa you can instead do a 1 year extension for Bt1,900 at your local immigration office. 

Below website/partial quote covers it fairly well I think.

https://www.thai-elite.com/elite-visa.html

Thailand Elite membership is the best way for foreigners to enjoy Thailand for extended periods of time. Not only the members are greeted by charming Thailand Elites staff each time they enter the kingdom, they can also benefit from a Privileged Entry visa. All Elite members are able to request for Elite Privileged Entry visa. The PE visa is valid for 5 years and allows the member to stay in the country for 12 months per entry and able to extend beyond 12 months by visiting immigration office for a stay extension. Should your choice of program is longer than 5 years, then ask for a new 5 years visa sticker prior expiry.

Edited by Pib