What is the official site for Thailand Elite Visa?

2 hours ago, Bobbie Davies said:

Yeah, the elite card is not technically an official visa. It is a wink and a nod side run for those with enough money so investors are encouraged. Just so you know. I a tourist Visa mock up. Cannot be used to apply for permanent residence or citizenship. And can not be used for work permit. Must apply for Non-B then work permit.

I know a little about it I had the easy access Elite Membership for 5 years.

The Elite card is not a visa at all. The PE visa you are entitled to as a member

is perfectly legal and official. Yes it is valid to describe as a fancy tourist visa.

It is a great program I would have signed up again but had become of legal age for longstay visa and at a certain point in 2020, the PE visa had become somewhat of a hindrance to entry!, Because you needed another permission called a TEMQ  from the MoFA before you could get your Certificate of Entry from the Thai consulate!

Edited by Captain Monday

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

I know a little about it I had an easy Elite Membership access membership for 5 years

The Elite card is not a visa at all. The PE visa you are entitled to as a member

is perfectly legal and official. Yes it is valid to describe as a fancy tourist visa.

It is a great program I would have signed up again but had become of legal age for longstay visa and at a certain point in 2020, the PE visa had become somewhat of a hindrance to entry!, Because you needed another permission called a TEMQ  from the MoFA before you could get your Certificate of Entry from the Thai consulate!

sorry, but what is the PE you refer to?

8 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

It is the visa you are going to have applied to your passport if your application to Thailand Elite is accepted and you complete payment. I think it stands for Privilege Entry.

OK.  I see the terminology now.  Elite card vs PE visa stamp thingy. Is it as pretty as the Cambodia Visa stamped paper they glue into your passport when you go there?

7 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

You never know which government will be in charge at that point?

Of course things can change.

My concern is have a PM elected that doesn't want any farangs here.

Always a concern.

Never trust Thailand

according to the elitevisa t/c, should the whole elitevisa be dropped by government or anything you would get the money back for unused time.

7 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

OK.  I see the terminology now.  Elite card vs PE visa stamp thingy. Is it as pretty as the Cambodia Visa stamped paper they glue into your passport when you go there?

Don't worry about what the sticker looks like just learn its benefits and limitations.

For under 50, not working in Thailand, not married to a Thai, and enjoying flying in and out of Thailand's international airports as much as YOU want  it is a great way to go.

Some Immigration IO might not like Thailand Elite and they can "grill" you sometimes but you won't be denied  entry for "Coming too many times" 

Edited by Captain Monday

14 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

For under 50, not working in Thailand, not married to a Thai, and enjoying flying in and out of Thailand's international airports as much as YOU want  it is a great way to go.

Some Immigration IO might not like Thailand Elite and they can "grill" you sometimes but you won't be denied  entry for "Coming too many times" 

That was exactly my situation... with approximately 8 exits and 8 entries per year... in 30’s, not married.. needed a decent visa option - I received life-time membership at the time (1MB) with full perks (the same membership is now 2MB for 20 years).

Played golf a lot (at the time), the other perks such as massage etc were ok...  The Airport Trx and fast track etc through immigration etc is excellent. 

Now I’m married, I don’t really need the Visa and don’t really need the perks but find them enjoyable. 

As far as Immigration Officers ‘grilling me’... thats never happened - they know why we have the Elite Visa (P.E or S.E) and seem perfectly indifferent to our arrival as they do Thai arrivals or anyone else.

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That was exactly my situation... with approximately 8 exits and 8 entries per year... in 30’s, not married.. needed a decent visa option - I received life-time membership at the time (1MB) with full perks (the same membership is now 2MB for 20 years).

Played golf a lot (at the time), the other perks such as massage etc were ok...  The Airport Trx and fast track etc through immigration etc is excellent. 

Now I’m married, I don’t really need the Visa and don’t really need the perks but find them enjoyable. 

As far as Immigration Officers ‘grilling me’... thats never happened - they know why we have the Elite Visa (P.E or S.E) and seem perfectly indifferent to our arrival as they do Thai arrivals or anyone else.

I have only been grilled when I had the  PE visa  only happened a couple times. Always one of those smart looking cute tight uniform IOs in her 40s or 50s. Such as do you have a Thai wife, do you have kids, what do you do work, do you have a business in Thailand? Do you have a house?

Maybe they were trying to catch me in a fib for working illegally, I thought maybe they liked me.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bobbie Davies said:

Plus I’m gay with a Thai fiancé. Since gay marriage is not recognized in Thailand yet, best way for me to go.

Wait!

The new upcoming Thai civil partnership law MAY allow being treated as married for visa purpose. Not saying it will, but not sure yet. I recently read that same sex married two foreigners WILL be able to apply for marriage and retirement extensions as one joint application so that's a good sign. 

19 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Thanks.   Interesting.  I was thinking the following was the official place because this hyper link is on the Thaiembaccy DC org site

https://www.thailandelite.com/

You can also just go for 5 year option to begin with 600k and before it runs out you can pay the 400k diff up to the 1mill and receive another 15 years.

23 hours ago, BeerAttractedPerson said:

You can also just go for 5 year option to begin with 600k and before it runs out you can pay the 400k diff up to the 1mill and receive another 15 years.

yes.  That could work.  Especially if they really do let you upgrade later.  If anybody has upgraded after their initial visa purchase, please let me know how that worked out.

Thanks all. 

55 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

yes.  That could work.  Especially if they really do let you upgrade later.  If anybody has upgraded after their initial visa purchase, please let me know how that worked out.

Thanks all. 

I did that myself, my 5 year expired late 2021 ( bought at 500k 2016). They offered me another 15 years for 500k and I happily accepted. All smooth.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BeerAttractedPerson said:

I did that myself, my 5 year expired late 2021 ( bought at 500k 2016). They offered me another 15 years for 500k and I happily accepted. All smooth.

Thanks man.  A big help!  I love the convenience of the thing.  No extra insurance needed ( I think?).  No monthly transfer nonsense.  Shame on USA embassy for not doing embassy income letters.   I am on USA medicare now, so I don't plan on needing anything in Thailand except in an emergency, and I may look into something for that. 

I know if I buy the Visa I will get my butt to Thailand.  I have been putting it off too long.  No more money going into a slot machine.  More fun to spend it in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Thanks man.  A big help!  I love the convenience of the thing.  No extra insurance needed ( I think?).  No monthly transfer nonsense.  Shame on USA embassy for not doing embassy income letters.   I am on USA medicare now, so I don't plan on needing anything in Thailand except in an emergency, and I may look into something for that. 

I know if I buy the Visa I will get my butt to Thailand.  I have been putting it off too long.  No more money going into a slot machine.  More fun to spend it in Thailand.

No bank balance worries, no transfers, no insurance requirements, red carpet treatment in the airport etc. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 11:52 PM, gk10012001 said:

Now Taiwan apparently has opened up the Taipei airport to transit passengers so that opens up a lot of flights

Last I checked, Taipei requires a Covid test for transit passengers.  I'm flying direct on EVA so it's not a problem but if I had changed planes in Taipei I would have had to get tested before departure. Just FYI.

On 7/29/2022 at 7:52 AM, gk10012001 said:

I thought of that too.  There is an intermediate visa called the Family that believe it or not an individual can get.  800k baht for 10 years, versus.  600k baht for 5 years.  Knowing Thailand as I do, not sure I would trust something 20 years out, or that I will live that long! 

I am willing to pay for convenience so in a few months when this gig wraps up, I may go for one of them.  I am guaranteed to get called back next year when the lab is actually built and running because I did this job before on a different submarine version and few people have my experience.  So a 6 month holiday with no worries i looking very likely, then come back to the states for 6 months, dosh up some more, put more monies into the ROTH IRA, keep the brain active one more year before I throw away my engineering skills.  It's good to have options.  I have not been to Pats since June 2019.  Miss it so much.  Trip 16 since 2004 is really getting close.  Now Taiwan apparently has opened up the Taipei airport to transit passengers so that opens up a lot of flights

Different sites have different prices.

Id check airasia bkk to kl flights.

30 days visa exempt thai, 90 days kl.

Might be cheaper to fly out n back.

12 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

Last I checked, Taipei requires a Covid test for transit passengers.  I'm flying direct on EVA so it's not a problem but if I had changed planes in Taipei I would have had to get tested before departure. Just FYI.

if you go to the EVA website now, at the very top they clearly have a message saying that as of July no PCR test required for transit.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow up questions.

1:  After getting the application approved, how long do you have to send payment and get things finalized?  One month?  two months?

2:  Once you send payment, and the entire elite package is approved and confirmed, how long do you have to use the Visa?  I am guessing 90 days or else it expires and you lose everything? 

3:  A corrolary to 2, when does the 5 year clock start (assuming I get the basic 5 year version)?  Does it start when you arrive in Thailand and get the stamp applied?

Oh I really did just free up 25k in cash, in case I really do punch out of my gigs in the next few months.  My work ethic is diminishing, along with dealing with moving around the USA, dealing with stupid landlords, etc.  I like the idea of some long stays in Thailand the next 5 years while I am young enough to enjoy them, more than just sitting around when I turn 70.  I am 65 now.

Thanks

2. You apply for membership of the program. The visa is just a (major) benefit.

During your membership you can affix the visa in your passport. 

Affix can be done when you arrive in Thailand at the airport or at CW.

3. You can use the visa during your membership.

If you arrive and your passport is valid for more then 5 years the visa will be valid for the 5 years from affix.

Yearly extension of stay is still required if you do not leave the country.

2 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

2. You apply for membership of the program. The visa is just a (major) benefit.

During your membership you can affix the visa in your passport. 

Affix can be done when you arrive in Thailand at the airport or at CW.

3. You can use the visa during your membership.

If you arrive and your passport is valid for more then 5 years the visa will be valid for the 5 years from affix.

Yearly extension of stay is still required if you do not leave the country.

I know all that.  But the timeline of when things expire or start is what I was asking

1 hour ago, gk10012001 said:

1:  After getting the application approved, how long do you have to send payment and get things finalized?  One month?  two months?

2:  Once you send payment, and the entire elite package is approved and confirmed, how long do you have to use the Visa?  I am guessing 90 days or else it expires and you lose everything? 

3:  A corrolary to 2, when does the 5 year clock start (assuming I get the basic 5 year version)?  Does it start when you arrive in Thailand and get the stamp applied?

1. Thirty days.

2. When the visa is put in your passport you have 5 years to use it.

Most people enter visa exempt and have it done when the arrive at the airport.

3. From the day you get the visa sticker put in your passport. 

10 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Just to add, there is also an option to have the visa placed into your passport at your local Embassy.  That way there's no pressure to arrive in Thailand and have it done there.  As UJ says, the visa is valid for 5 years from the date of it is issued.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:58 AM, DodgerRodger said:

Just to add, there is also an option to have the visa placed into your passport at your local Embassy.  That way there's no pressure to arrive in Thailand and have it done there.  As UJ says, the visa is valid for 5 years from the date of it is issued.

yeah I read that too.  It even used the word consulate which makes me wonder if one of the honarary consulates, not the embassies could do it.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. Thirty days.

2. When the visa is put in your passport you have 5 years to use it.

Most people enter visa exempt and have it done when the arrive at the airport.

3. From the day you get the visa sticker put in your passport. 

no. j the 5 years starts before you get the visa in the passport.  I got emails specifically saying the 5 years starts as soon as you get final approval.  You could be sitting on the couch in your home country and the clock starts ticking.