Thailand’s PM says tourist numbers to triple in 2023

webfact

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

It is frightening to think that a good proportion of these 'tourists' might be single males from a certain war torn part of the world looking for some R&R.

You mean from Yemen ?

• Haha 2

As the global warming crisis continues to worsen people are going to be forced to come to grips with the reality that air travel is a significant contributor to carbon emissions, and that mass tourism is environmentally unsustainable.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Keep jacking up the Baht—and see what happens.  I promise you—it won’t be pretty.

It will head back toward 37 at the end of the week, after USA SS is dispersed.  Dropped 0.5 baht the other day, just in time.  A monthly occurrence.

image.png.7c413a72cd1e442ede25e6878eb91a96.png

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Keep jacking up the Baht—and see what happens.  I promise you—it won’t be pretty.

In every thread concerning Thai baht / USD exchange rate, there is always the one and only you crying foul of baht manipulation, even is the USD value has increased by 15%, and then 1 day it retreats by 0.001%.

I take you must be really desperate, and should have thought about it before moving to Thailand

29 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

It will head back toward 37 at the end of the week, after USA SS is dispersed.  Dropped 0.5 baht the other day, just in time.  A monthly occurrence.

image.png.7c413a72cd1e442ede25e6878eb91a96.png

I am equally annoyed at this monthly timing "phenominon".

USD / Baht lost half the month's gains, in just this past week...

20220802_182723938.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pawpcorn said:

I am equally annoyed at this monthly timing "phenominon".

USD / Baht lost half the month's gains, in just this past week...

20220802_182723938.jpeg

Yea, looking back over 12 months, it's like 10 dropped right before disbursements ... hmm

Guess it's good for currency option traders ... maybe I should start up again ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, whereyougo said:

I suspect just like every other leader on planet earth he would have advisors

Thai advisors?? They will have about the same IQ as he has. Foreign advisors?? Don't tell me they teach foreign languages at a Military Academy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha told a press briefing

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Gen Prayut said that number should

is this the same person, one time is a PM and then he's a General, it's confusing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

And in Liz we Truss..........we have someone who can't even predict how many hours a new policy might last.........God help us and preserve us from politicians.

A you calling the unelected PM a politician?? :cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

In every thread concerning Thai baht / USD exchange rate, there is always the one and only you crying foul of baht manipulation, even is the USD value has increased by 15%, and then 1 day it retreats by 0.001%.

I take you must be really desperate, and should have thought about it before moving to Thailand

Not desperation—more like frustration.  Baht gyrates up and down.  When it’s down—I dump money in.  When it’s up—I pull back. And to quote a popular song, “I know I’m not the only one.”

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I doubt anyone would go to Thailand just to smoke ganja , better stuff is available in other Countries 

Guess you know very little about smokers, smoking scene as well available quality in that case.

Unless you wanna change the word Thailand for America, nobody would wanna be found dead there to just smoke a joint indeed.

Edited by ChaiyaTH