Thailand’s PM says tourist numbers to triple in 2023

webfact

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Guess you know very little about smokers, smoking scene as well available quality in that case.

Unless you wanna change the word Thailand for America, nobody would wanna be found dead there to just smoke a joint indeed.

You've lost me .

What does America have to do with this topic ?

(Not to mention that your first sentence makes no sense at all)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You've lost me .

What does America have to do with this topic ?

(Not to mention that your first sentence makes no sense at all)

The fact that no tourism would be attracted if it was a place as America, to just go there and smoke weed alone, unless perhaps the very few or some lost Canadians.

That is not the case for Thailand, if you had any knowledge of just 1 of the 3 things mentioned, you would understand and not quoted me again. You are on the block list now too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

17 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Not desperation—more like frustration.  Baht gyrates up and down.  When it’s down—I dump money in.  When it’s up—I pull back. And to quote a popular song, “I know I’m not the only one.”

Every currency will fluctuate, never seen one that goes is one and one only direction.

But to quote another popular song, in your mind "the only way is up"?????

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The fact that no tourism would be attracted if it was a place as America, to just go there and smoke weed alone, unless perhaps the very few or some lost Canadians.

That is not the case for Thailand, if you had any knowledge of just 1 of the 3 things mentioned, you would understand not quoted me again. You are on the block list now too.

How many spiffs have you had today ?

Don't forget, Aeroflot are returning to Phuket on 30th October and according to the newspaper we can't quote, one flight per day for two months will  increase the number of Russian tourists this year from less than 80,000 so far to 1 million!

That's the sort of maths we're dealing with here!

• Like 1

What a genius.

Of course there is pent up demand for holiday travels & even without TAT  suggesting that they will "fix" it there will be a 4 fold increase over 2021/22 figures unless another disaster strikes the world.

Putin of course could stick a spanner in the works & then any predictions will be just that 

& nobody may travel ever again.

I am a real cheer germ today am I not ?

9 hours ago, micmichd said:

Be sure Thailand is very well informed about the worldwide economic crisis. 

If that is the case, how come NONE of the tourist arrival numbers are anywhere near accurate?

Inform yourself.

Ask yourself why there isn't 10,000,000 tourists in Thailand right now?

• Like 1

I have a problem when they deal in percentages, and not give any details on what they are based on, are they based on, tourists, during  covid restrictions, or pre covid numbers. If during covid then number were well, and truly, down, and future number would look, percentage wise, high.

10 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Probably not many take on the offer to buy 1 rai of land and invest 4à Million Baht.
Where are all those rich digital nomads?
Where are all those billionaire Indians, Chinese and Russians?

Soon he will be begging to get the backpackers and sex tourists back.

Please come back, we love you tooo mut.

Most of the Indians are saving up to buy a 50,000 baht gold necklece to donate to sections of the Pattaya night shift workers. Once they buy the necklace they'll be here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha jumped into the Cannabis bandwagon,

and now is getting these inspired predictions when high.

Maybe it's time to go cold turkey before trying to predict anything...

Edited by Shocked farang
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mavideol said:

is this the same person, one time is a PM and then he's a General, it's confusing

He is one of 2,200 generals in Thailand. One of the highest rates of generals per soldier, in the world. So, what does being a general actually mean here? And what qualifications are required? Certainly not battlefield experience. What then? 

18 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

As the global warming crisis continues to worsen people are going to be forced to come to grips with the reality that air travel is a significant contributor to carbon emissions, and that mass tourism is environmentally unsustainable.

It is indicative of the advanced age of the majority of members on this site that there is a large number who are locked back in the 1990s and still MMCC deniers.

The fact that even those who put forward those denials in the 19990s have changed their mind will not alter their views.

However those absurdly outdated views still seem to be those of many of the Thai authorities  and this means any future plans they make regarding tourism won't include the results of MMCC thus leaving the country vulnerable and exposed to changes in air travel.

This cannot bode well for Thailand

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 10:35 PM, webfact said:

About 6 million foreign visitors are expected this year — the vast majority in the latter six months. Gen Prayut said that number should more than triple to 19 million next year.

Before Covid, tourism in Thailand accounted for 40 million visitors.... half of them from China. So even 19 million represents a drastic drop in numbers. Up yo half those in the industry will still be out of business.

19 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Keep jacking up the Baht—and see what happens.  I promise you—it won’t be pretty.

Who on earth is jacking up the baht? It has lost 10% against the USD in the last year!

19 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

As the global warming crisis continues to worsen people are going to be forced to come to grips with the reality that air travel is a significant contributor to carbon emissions, and that mass tourism is environmentally unsustainable.

Pakistan...not so far away from Thailand. Check out the glacier melt part of documentary.

Look at what's going on in California and Lake Mead, the heat waves in England, drought and wild fires across Europe. River Po drying up in northern Italy.

Yeah, climate change is a big joke, big hoax. Educate yourselves, people.

Water from the Mekong River comes from the Himalayas too.

river-basins-Irrawaddy-drainage-networks-Mekong.thumb.gif.4b7273a981eca8e73fb9861c5c83424f.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Who on earth is jacking up the baht? It has lost 10% against the USD in the last year!

All relative—currency traders have pushed USD from 36,85 vs Baht ten days ago to 36.18 today.  The catalyst: two consecutive quarters of negative GDP in USA.  By definition, that means recession, and traders will dump the Dollar, assuming the Fed will return to printing more Dollars.  Of course the current administration denies this—-claiming this time—it’s different (not a recession).  Although I tend to blame Bank of Thailand for controlling the currency—in reality, it’s mostly currency traders who do.

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kwilco said:

It is indicative of the advanced age of the majority of members on this site that there is a large number who are locked back in the 1990s and still MMCC deniers.

The fact that even those who put forward those denials in the 19990s have changed their mind will not alter their views.

However those absurdly outdated views still seem to be those of many of the Thai authorities  and this means any future plans they make regarding tourism won't include the results of MMCC thus leaving the country vulnerable and exposed to changes in air travel.

This cannot bode well for Thailand

MMCC?

x x Climate Change?