Thaksin stresses ‘pro-democracy’ parties will win outright in 2023 polls, adds he still plans to return as planned

webfact

image.jpeg

By Pitchayapa Phiwpong

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra came out to say that the ‘democratic front’ will surely win more than 300 seats in the parliament no matter what option the coalition government lead by the Phalang Pracharath party chooses.

“The next elections would not be like every other one we have seen,” the self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin said from his residence in Dubai.

Thaksin, who holds his bi-weekly talk on social media platform Clubhouse, which is also broadcast live on Facebook and YouTube, said that regardless of what formula the government of 2014 coup leader Prayut Chan-o-cha uses, the outcome would be that the pro-democracy parties will surely be able to get more than 300 seats in the 500 seat parliament.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/42330/thaksin-stresses-pro-democracy-parties-will-win-outright-in-2023-polls-adds-he-still-plans-to-return-as-planned/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-08-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

said that regardless of what formula the government of 2014 coup leader Prayut Chan-o-cha uses, the outcome would be that the pro-democracy parties will surely be able to get more than 300 seats in the 500 seat parliament.

Yea. Take that down to Ladbrokes and let us know what odds you can get on it.  Could be worth flutter.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling meme removed.

I too would like to see the return of a democratically elected government and, whilst I am not anti Thaksin, I just wish he keep quiet.

His day has passed. Accept it.

Perhaps, 10 years ago he might have played a significant role in the resumption of democracy in Thailand.

Now all he does is weaken the current opposition's position with constant references to his return. He isn't the son of God, we are not expecting the "second coming".

Please, for the sake of the country <deleted>. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2long said:

I used to hate this guy. 

But now I would be happy to see him come back.

Thanks, Prayuth.

How do you think the pandemic would have gone if Thakisn had been in charge for the duration?  I'm sure the zealots would say that he would have opened up the coffers and ensured that nobody went without food or vaccines, but would that have really been the case?  Or would he have been lining his pockets like the rest?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

BS - he is/was a very astute business man (yes, some will say corrupt) who brought modernization and prosperity to many ordinary folk across the North of Thailand, much to the resentment of the Bangkok establishment! I know, I lived in Lanna during his time in office and witnessed the transformations, especially in infrastructure and agriculture.

- The corruption part is well proven, several times over.

- Astute. Yep, invest in blood diamonds.

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

How do you think the pandemic would have gone if Thakisn had been in charge for the duration?  I'm sure the zealots would say that he would have opened up the coffers and ensured that nobody went without food or vaccines, but would that have really been the case?  Or would he have been lining his pockets like the rest?

Of this what if scenario regarding how Thaksin and his gang would've handled the whole COVID mess..........just an educated guess, probably not much different. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

I too would like to see the return of a democratically elected government and, whilst I am not anti Thaksin, I just wish he keep quiet.

His day has passed. Accept it.

Perhaps, 10 years ago he might have played a significant role in the resumption of democracy in Thailand.

Now all he does is weaken the current opposition's position with constant references to his return. He isn't the son of God, we are not expecting the "second coming".

Please, for the sake of the country <deleted>. 

Whos we? Do you vote here?

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Some might say, but everyone knows.

Everyone also knows doesn't matter which side you pick. Unless you actually get to vote here and then your candidate wins a vote in a free and fair election then at least it's been voted for much like the good ol US of A.

12 hours ago, grain said:

That's how I feel, does it have to be one or the other? It's like a choice between the frying fan or the fire.

10 hours ago, lujanit said:

Thaksin is delusional boarding on the insane.  If he returns he will be assassinated forwith.  There are a multitude of people who like to see him dead.

Now that would empty the frying pan onto the fire!

5 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Of this what if scenario regarding how Thaksin and his gang would've handled the whole COVID mess..........just an educated guess, probably not much different. 

Educated guess I think not.

Just a guess.

Thaksin came to power via the votes of millions of poor Thais. To remain in power he had to continue to contest and win elections which means he had to remain popular with enough voters to win a majority in parliament. Democracy would have held Thaksin accountable to the people. The Covid response of an elected government in a democracy is going to be vastly different to what is dished out by usurpers who come to power behind the barrel of a gun.

The military did not commit a coup and trash the constitution to better take care of the poor, they did it for the very opposite reason.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

- The corruption part is well proven, several times over.

- Astute. Yep, invest in blood diamonds.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Accepting and propagating verdicts from a corrupted judiciary is akin to putting the noose around your own neck, for surely what goes around comes around.

Bypassing justice to do harm to your enemies only ensures that they will do the same to you.

Your prejudices and bitterness (jealousy?) towards Thaksin has you at odds with truth, decency, justice, compassion, reason and logic. 

BTW - have you any idea of what types of illegal activities the Thai military has investments in? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Well when he left Thailand how many billions of dollars went with him corruption at its best TIT

When it comes to corruption, Thaksin is still a beginner when compared to the Thai military an ammart.

Corruption at its best is the ability to otherthrow an elected government and remove all over site of the illegally installed regime.

How many trillions have been pilfered since the coup?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 2long said:

I used to hate this guy. 

But now I would be happy to see him come back.

Thanks, Prayuth.

I would rather see some new young blood in government... history has proven this lot have too many skeletons in the cupboard and will only start a new turf war.

• Like 1