Chiang Rai airport still closed: Continuing problems in removing Nok Air plane that skidded off runway

webfact

Well, hopefully they'll have it all resolved in 10 days time when I'm due to fly out of Chiang Rai,  otherwise I'll have to fly out of Chiang Mai instead. Any bets ?

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do hope that other airlines now realise what will happen if they cancel your girlfriends flight in the future .Could you send me a PM and let me know whether any airlines cancel your GF's flight in the future , as I wouldnt want to get on a airplane thats going to crash

It's about bloody time somebody took my comments seriously. 

Thank you, I thought I was just wasting my time. 

BTW, she's flying from Buriram to BKK on the 7th. 

Flight number DD345

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

before an investigation concludes as to why it was 90 minutes before the plane was evacuated.

I find this unbelievable! What if there had been a fuel leak?? I thought the immediate evacuation of the aircraft was paramount, despite the weather conditions. 

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

It's very hard to move a 737-800 stuck in the mud ,but more equipment is coming for the small airport.

Yes, and probably something they have not done before.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's Karma. 

These idiots canceled my gf's flight last year, it was the day of departure 

There you go Nok, nice doing business with you. 

I long ago gave up flying with them. Three flights in a row I was booked on were cancelled or delayed, and look at the departures board at any airport and you're sure to see one or more of their flights cancelled or delayed. If there is a choice, and there usually is, take another airline. Even if it costs more.

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Jeez, u remember characters of a 1975 movie?

Actually its a 1970 movie.

Based on Arthur Hailey's 1968 novel of the same name,

Its the first of 4 Airport movies. Yes i remember the characters, its not difficult! You must too?

Edited by mikeymike100

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

long ago gave up flying with them. Three flights in a row I was booked on were cancelled or delayed, and look at the departures board at any airport and you're sure to see one or more of their flights cancelled or delayed. If there is a choice, and there usually is, take another airline. Even if it costs more.

I tend to use Thai Vietjet now, because they use SUVARNABHUMI and that is useful for connecting to international flights. I used to use Bangkok Airways for the same reason, but they stopped flying to Chiang Rai a while back. I did use Nok Air once or twice to Don Muang, but was probably lucky, I had no issues.

Edited by Tuvoc