World war 3 now a possibility ?

talahtnut

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Its not just up to Putin,he could not start a nuclear war even if he wanted to

link? I believe he could. While there may be some folks around who could theoretically stop him, I don't think any would try.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The way we are overpopulating, destroying the environment and polluting the planet I think humanity is doomed anyway, even if WW3 doesn't happen.

If the US keeps interfering in other countries affairs with UK keep licking it's backside IMHO it's going a money weapon war we seen that already with grain, coal, oil and gas. 

Iran, Russia, Turkey and China are already making plans of dumping the US dollar,  it wouldn't take much for India and Pakistan to join in on that at sometime in the future. 

• Like 2

Putin is the dog who caught the car. He thought the Ukranians would just fold. As my dad told me about bar fights: Don't let you mouth write a check you KNOW your you-know-what can't cash.

It's a major US intelligence failure not to have known how bad the Russian Army was, but the cat is sure out of the bad now.

And this catastrophe has put the Chinese on the back foot, arial displays aside. The USA will back you if you want to fight. If I'm a Uyghur, I'm listening hard.

Sweden and Finland now in Nato, forced to be China's uh, female dog, economy wrecked, giant outflow of the young and skilled. To do any worse, his name would have to be Bush.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Haha 1

Russia isn't the issue, China is.

The Europeans with their misplaced idea that engaging with Russia and becoming wholly dependent on them for energy has spectacularly backfired.

We collectively figured that when China joined the WTO it would end up looking more like Hong Kong.

Bad Bet, lets see how thats turned out

Now we rely on China for most of our manufactured goods.

Worst of all semiconductors, ie chips.

I worked in the industry for most of my working life and saw manufacturing move from the the US and Europe to Asia, in particular Taiwan.

Few of you understand how much of leading edge chips are produced by one single company TSMC in Taiwan.

They may well be designed in the US but manufactured by TSMC's foundry.

Forget worrying about Russia which is a faded empire and worry more about China

• Like 1

5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Sorry I can't agree with that, it seems the west has lost the plot.

US can not afford to lose the war neither can Russia.

Putin, a brilliant strategist against a senile Biden without a clue in

charge of an LGBT military.

As for the UK, to be wiped out first with one Poseidon. The Uk has

always been Satan's breeding grotto.

By the way, Putin's popularity has skyrocketed among Russians.

I believe it is you have lost the plot.  The US military might have Biden as the Head of the country, but he is far from running the military operations, this is done through the Pentagon and the Joint Chiefs of staff.  Biden may think he has the final authority to defend the US and move troops around, but in reality he is just a puppet figure.  Your mischaracterization of the military, in your view being weak because they are LGBT, shows a homophobic view.  Do you really believe that those serving are weak because they are LGBT?  if so you are in for a big surprise.  Putins false information campaign is the only reason he is popular, but he is looking at a growing angst against his campaign in the Ukraine.

http://www.thelowdownblog.com/2022/06/why-russian-sentiment-towards-war-is.html

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

You mean just like the Western world is doing it to their countries?

Where in the west are they killing women an children like Putin and Russia are doing in the Ukraine

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Russia is a one trick pony, unfortunately a rather large pony because of natural gas and the stupidity of the Europeans, in particular Merkels Germany,

Natural Gas is 2% of their fossil fuel exports, they can cut it off and not blink, 

Merkel thought that dependance on Russian gas would bring the Kremlin closer, in fact all it did was turn Germany in into a Russian cuckold, and the chickens are now coming home to roost.

The best we can hope for is that Russia calls it quits before the winter, but I wouldn't be betting my next paycheck on that, so the Europeans better be buckling up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hiroshima's mayor slams Russia while marking 77th anniversary of atomic bombing

Japan is today marking the 77th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, which killed tens of thousands of people in World War II. 

Hiroshima mayor Kazumi Matsui, whose city this year did not invite the Russian ambassador to the ceremony, was more pointed and critical of Moscow's military actions in Ukraine.

"In invading Ukraine, the Russian leader, elected to protect the lives and property of his people, is using them as instruments of war, stealing the lives and livelihoods of civilians in a different country," Mr Matsui said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-06/hiroshima-anniversary-atomic-bombing-russia/101307694

3 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I just went up and down RT, and there's 0 mentioning of anything OP says. With my broken Russian I can't find it on any of the other Russian media sites either. Where's the link to original reporting? Hopefully not theonion.com...

Try English. You lack of genuine effort convinces me that you are a Putin sympathiser.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-world-war-3-ww3-ukraine-war-conflict-state-tv-1711921

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-ukraine-world-war-3-b2091224.html

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Certainly I am not.

Link 1: By Gerrard Kaonga On 6/1/22 at 4:53 AM EDT

Link 2: Liam James Tuesday 31 May 2022 19:52

Got anything more current?

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Japan is today marking the 77th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, which killed tens of thousands of people in World War II. 

Hiroshima mayor Kazumi Matsui, whose city this year did not invite the Russian ambassador to the ceremony, was more pointed and critical of Moscow's military actions in Ukraine.

"In invading Ukraine, the Russian leader, elected to protect the lives and property of his people, is using them as instruments of war, stealing the lives and livelihoods of civilians in a different country," Mr Matsui said.

Does Japan teach in schools how they invaded Korea and China, and many other countries and killed many more than tens of thousands of people doing so?

WW3 is always a possibility, every minute of the day, 24/7.

This is the way it has been since before you were born.

What more do you need to know? 

Need to know more?

Sometimes, I must laugh.

Because, young people, ages 30 to 50, always ask, the same questions:  Is there such a thing as reality?

Yes. In fact, there IS such a thing as REALITY, and reality does exist.

There are physical consequences which are governed by Physics.

This is NOT a Joke.

Only in several countries, do people think that Chomsky is a joke.

Anyway, it ups to you to have your opinion.

Ups to you!!!!

• Confused 1

Sometimes, in Pattaya, the girls always say, "I don't care about World War Three. I just want to die in the arms of my lover from America."

And, maybe they soon will. 

Logically speaking, these Pattaya bar girls and hookers are behaving more logically than the rest of us.

At the very least, when the world ends, a significant number of them will die in the arms of their beloveds.

So much happier than the rest of us.

Re WW3:

"The lucky ones will be those who die more quickly."

This is not a joke.

Chomsky stated this.

He is correct.

Therefore, if you do not like the PREPPER people, then, at least, you know that they will be the ones to have it most difficult when WW3 breaks out.  

The preppers will be the last to die, and, consequently, they will be the ones to suffer most.

And, in my  humble opinion, it is the preppers who DESERVE to suffer most.

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Re WW3:

"The lucky ones will be those who die more quickly."

This is not a joke.

Chomsky stated this.

He is correct.

Therefore, if you do not like the PREPPER people, then, at least, you know that they will be the ones to have it most difficult when WW3 breaks out.  

The preppers will be the last to die, and, consequently, they will be the ones to suffer most.

And, in my  humble opinion, it is the preppers who DESERVE to suffer most.

So living in a sustainable environment 150 to 200 feet below the surface in a bunker where one can live for years, they will suffer the most? If you mean they will suffer from seeing people die that could not make it into the bunker you could be right.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

So living in a sustainable environment 150 to 200 feet below the surface in a bunker where one can live for years, they will suffer the most? If you mean they will suffer from seeing people die that could not make it into the bunker you could be right.

No.

I mean that they should just work in the salt mines, underground.

Working in a salt mine has always been seen as associated with slave labor.

Therefore, let the preppers go underground, and may they work like Roman slaves in the salt mines.

Each to his own.

Although I do not understand their logic, yet I welcome even the thought of it.

Just knowing that preppers will be UNDERGROUND in holes gives me some satisfaction.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No.

I mean that they should just work in the salt mines, underground.

Working in a salt mine has always been seen as associated with slave labor.

Therefore, let the preppers go underground, and may they work like Roman slaves in the salt mines.

Each to his own.

Although I do not understand their logic, yet I welcome even the thought of it.

Just knowing that preppers will be UNDERGROUND in holes gives me some satisfaction.

To say you are out of touch with reality is an understatement.  Did you have a rough night or do you have your own private launch/mega yaht to live upon that runs on solar power and long charged batteries with its own radiation proof cover for sailing the seas and avoiding the nuclear fallout, or better yet living under the sea....Aha you have found Atlantis...will you invite us?

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

WW3 is always a possibility, every minute of the day, 24/7.

This is the way it has been since before you were born.

What more do you need to know? 

Need to know more?

Sometimes, I must laugh.

Because, young people, ages 30 to 50, always ask, the same questions:  Is there such a thing as reality?

Yes. In fact, there IS such a thing as REALITY, and reality does exist.

There are physical consequences which are governed by Physics.

This is NOT a Joke.

Only in several countries, do people think that Chomsky is a joke.

Anyway, it ups to you to have your opinion.

Ups to you!!!!

Chomsky has an opinion, but he presumably isn't psychic so he doesn't KNOW.

We all die, and perhaps the human race will all die at the same time, but what will be will be and there's absolutely nothing any of us on here can do to change it.

If not the bomb, pollution or overpopulation or war over water etc. Sooner or later humanity is doomed, IMO.

It won't be the end of the world as the planet will just start over with another dominant species.

Rinse and repeat till the sun expands and consumes the planets before dying.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Chomsky has an opinion, but he presumably isn't psychic so he doesn't KNOW.

We all die, and perhaps the human race will all die at the same time, but what will be will be and there's absolutely nothing any of us on here can do to change it.

If not the bomb, pollution or overpopulation or war over water etc. Sooner or later humanity is doomed, IMO.

It won't be the end of the world as the planet will just start over with another dominant species.

Rinse and repeat till the sun expands and consumes the planets before dying.

Philosophers can only guess like the rest of us. 

Humans may be the next dinasours of the future.

The earth may become a dead planet. 

Attitude has got to change and dialogue found and for countries of the world to stop stirring it up because other countries do not run and do politics the same as others.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thats not living thats existing,no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1