World war 3 now a possibility ?

talahtnut

41 minutes ago, flexomike said:

With the fat American?

He forgot to add that he came to Thailand with his Dad who he is sharing the lady with.  Stepson doing Stepmom, on his VR glass computer program.  It's the new TAT welcome to Thailand VR tour, where you pay from your basement but the simulations appear real......

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Administrations in US and UK are the stupid ones,

feeding and prolonging a needless war in Ukraine

leaving Putin with no choice.

Vlads asianow socket puppet woke up, bless. Your boss is not impressed, starting a thread in the pub section will never get you any more a few rubles per post

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

How can you announce the start of WWIII and then not actually start it?

Likwise, China's empty threats of consequences (unnamed) for Grandma Nancy going to Taiwan.

Putin will be back in the catbird seat when Europe needs heating oil. We'll find out how well Nato hangs together then.

And you believe that heating oil will not have already been a sorted issue and because of it NATO will fail...oh the irony

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

I read in The Economist that W.Europe gets a lot of its oil from Russia and it will be hard to replace and cost a lot more. 

And then we'll see how resolved and how committed the West is to Ukraine. The temptation to force a deal on Ukraine will be steep.

So: Believe them -or you?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sipi said:

I thought the Chinese started WW3 yesterday with Pelosi in Taiwan and all that.

As long as they leave Wangchompu and Dululu alone, up to them.

Yes , China now surrounding Taiwan with war ships and aircraft , virtually cutting off Taiwan from the world as a punishment for Pelosi visit . 

I have to ask , will this development have an impact on Eva Air flights , especially  the UK to Bangkok and Taipei  ?

40 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

How can you announce the start of WWIII and then not actually start it? ... 

Likwise, China's empty threats of consequences (unnamed) for Grandma Nancy going to Taiwan...Putin will be back in the catbird seat when Europe needs heating oil. We'll find out how well Nato hangs together then.

Empty ... I think not, and you need better news sources.  China just spanked Taiwan with trade restrictions/duties on well over 100 items.

They'd probably cripple them if stopped sending them raw materials for their chip manufacturing, but would have a negative effect on China itself.

I wish China & Russia would cut all trade off with the west ... Watch their economies come to  grinding halt with even higher inflation.  Most of EU would freeze their butts off this coming winter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

a bunch of symbolic strutting from China with flyovers etc. They also threatened to shoot down Nancy's plane.

And yet, and yet, they did not.

US and China are rivals, but also interdependent. The day the China tells us what we can and can't do is the day they learn a hard lesson.

Do we tell them what to do in Africa etc? No.

Xi wants a third term, this is just playing to the cheap seats.

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

a bunch of symbolic strutting from China with flyovers etc. They also threatened to shoot down Nancy's plane.

And yet, and yet, they did not.

US and China are rivals, but also interdependent. The day the China tells us what we can and can't do is the day they learn a hard lesson.

Do we tell them what to do in Africa etc? No.

Xi wants a third term, this is just playing to the cheap seats.

XI doesn't need a third term he was elected as Premier for life

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-43361276

China has approved the removal of the two-term limit on the presidency, effectively allowing Xi Jinping to remain in power for life.

The constitutional changes were passed by the annual sitting of parliament, the National People's Congress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

China vs Taiwan ... never happen, as too economically dependent on each other.

Same with WW3  ...  unless, the elite figure out a way to shield themselves from their 'depopulation' plan via WW3.  A work in progress.  Since they really don't need that many of you to service them any more.  You're becoming more of a drain on their budgets & resources than worth keeping you around for.

Glad to see RU & CH have developed superior nuke delivery rocket systems & weaponry.  As of now, they are at risk if a WW3 was to happen.  If all the elite move to S. America, then you'll all need to start worrying about WW3.

Who wants to live in Africa now, let along after the bombs drop.  USA, EU, RU & CH will be wastelands.  

Of course the saving grace of all this, those 'real' Aliens, wouldn't allow us to destroy most of the planet while they are here.  Keeping the PEACE

alien #aliens???? #cool #wow - Alien Png, Transparent Png - kindpng

11 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes reading this schoolboy garbage. Some of you lot need to get out.

We’re not the ones complaining.  Maybe you need to get a life instead of whinging about being here. I hope that the couple of minutes I spent typing this encouraged you to get out and about, but if not, I did my best to be constructive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LaosLover said:

They also threatened to shoot down Nancy's plane.

No they didnt .

It was stated they they would have the right to shoot it down , as it would be encroaching on Chinese   airspace .

The Chinese didn't make a threat , just made a statement that they would have the right to do so 

Wanna split the diff at veiled threat?

No way they would shoot down that plane, so it's just posturing. If Xi wants to go to Canada, would we even think of saying we can blow his plane out of the sky? Just because we can? Your lofty hairsplitting  and the general bending over backwards to China in this thread by Euro's here saddens me.

China cannot afford a war. China can not accomplish a land invasion without staggering losses. China has a lot of problems. Xi has not been anointed president for life, he merely has that option. That option can go away if the Chinese public gets mad enough.

Shooting down Nancy's plane means major economic sanctions around the world, not to mention a military response, just as they are coming out of their covid coma. 

It's the right of American politicians to travel wherever they are welcome. China has nothing to say about it. 

This is Biden sending a message that if they get overly helpful to the Russians, that we will create some headaches for them. I support that message. Biden is my guy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You think that is possible without having your own country blown off the face of the earth?

At least it'll solve the overpopulation problem.

Well a Brontasaurus was walking once upon a time on our land and so it will be with humans one day the way countries treat one another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The way we are overpopulating, destroying the environment and polluting the planet I think humanity is doomed anyway, even if WW3 doesn't happen.

Find a nice beach to sit under the palm trees while drinking a nice coconut, and eating pineapple as you watch the event horizon and see the Ballistic nuclear tipped missiles fly over the horizon from all directions.  Take a swim in the nude and slowly become nothing more than a wisp of disintegrated bones and skin.  Life is worth living all the way up until the final day, no one can change the future, no matter how hard one tries, we just do the best with what we have.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

China has learned from russia that invasions of sovereign nations can go quite badly for the aggressor. putin is stuck between nuking Ukraine and making it useless, or else trying to win via conventional means.

The same would be true if china invaded Taiwan. It would be a disaster for the 'motherland' and take years to win. It would destroy china's already weakening economy and jeopardize xi's leadership.

Xi only used the Pelosi visit to deflect from the growing list of domestic problems...such as a collapsing RE market, banks that will need a bailout, massive over capacity in production, declining job markets for grads, the Covid lockdown nightmare, etc.

Inside the commie party there are always knives out looking for a chance to take down the leader and take over the spot at the public trough so as to enrich themselves as all previous commie party chiefs have.

The only war china ever won was a civil war. If things keep going south, they might have 1965 all over again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1