Is T.m. 6 scrapped

This is probably asked and answered before but I cant find it now so I allow me to ask if T.m. 6 is scrapped? If so what are we on extension going to do with 90 days reports etc., when as myself travelling out in a few days and plan to return in October and then also most likely will need to re-register my address!

In advance thank you.

Felt

21 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

when as myself travelling out in a few days and plan to return in October and then also most likely will need to re-register my address!

Why would you need to "re-register" your address.

Assume you mean file TM30.

That would not be required if returning on same visa or reentry permit.

TM6 was temporarily suspended on July 2.

It would not be required for 90 day report etc.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

I think his question is valid?  I've been doing my 90 online I remember they asking for your entry date and the TM6 number. 

I just got my 90 day reminder, but I had just return from overseas July 25th, as noted no TM6 needed 90 days from my arrival online? 

I flew back in to Thailand recently through Suvarnabhumi. No TM 6 required. When I queried this with the immigration officer he assured me that no details of a TM 6 would be required for my next renewal of my Retirement visa.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would you need to "re-register" your address.

Assume you mean file TM30.

That would not be required if returning on same visa or reentry permit.

TM6 was temporarily suspended on July 2.

It would not be required for 90 day report etc.

Having returned to Thailand in June with a reentry permit on a valid Non-O extension, I was given a tongue lashing by Phetchabun immigration for not reporting back to the condo I have lived in for five years.  I went to immigration a week after returning to phetchabun after spending a few days in Bangkok at a hotel that did file my stay with Immigration. 

They wanted to know why I didn't come to immigration within the required 24 hours of returning to Thailand.  I pointed out the hotel stay, they could see that but then wanted to know where I was after leaving the hotel.  I told them my condo.  They kept insisting I had to go to immigration within 24 hours.  I apologized many times and told them I forgot.  I mentioned that i returned to the same address as before.  It didn't matter.

Anyway, I guess I am saying (like many others), it all depends on the office you are dealing with.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AKJeff said:

Anyway, I guess I am saying (like many others), it all depends on the office you are dealing with

Indeed. 

We are all at immigration beckon call.

The office you refer to are wrong.

I seem to recall ubonjoe post a link to the change in rules regarding TM30. 

Of course even if you had print out in Thai they would probably still insist on it. 

Morons.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Indeed. 

We are all at immigration beckon call.

The office you refer to are wrong.

I seem to recall ubonjoe post a link to the change in rules regarding TM30.

I believe the immigration office is wrong.   But I do what I can to stay on their good side.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I think only if you look like a gullible idiot. ????

If you say so, have you not observed how each immigration office treats the requirements differently based upon posts herein these pages.  Just like the combo method of bank account and then monthly income?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you say so, have you not observed how each immigration office treats the requirements differently based upon posts herein these pages.  Just like the combo method of bank account and then monthly income?

Indeed I have.

Until we get first hand reports of anything 'different' happening, then it is isn't happening.

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Until we get first hand reports of anything 'different' happening, then it is isn't happening

Read report by @AKJeff above.

seems pretty first hand to me.

Or Jomtien requiring folk to return 90 days after obtaining extension.

OR the various offices that require funds in bank for 3 months prior to extension rather than the correct 2 months.

etc etc. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Read report by @AKJeff above.

seems pretty first hand to me.

Or Jomtien requiring folk to return 90 days after obtaining extension.

OR the various offices that require funds in bank for 3 months prior to extension rather than the correct 2 months.

etc etc. 

All of which have NOTHING to do with the TM6.

Get me a first hand report of any Immigration office creating an issue for anyone who does not have a TM6.

I'll wait.......

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM6 number is not required for 90 day online report. You cannot give them a TM6 number if you do not have one.

Ignore the 90 day report reminder and count 90 days from the day you entered the country and be sure you put your new arrival date when you do the report.

Understood. But what about when you go for your retirement extension? A photocopy has always been required. I've read that some immigration officials seem to do their own thing and ignore directives from above.

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Understood. But what about when you go for your retirement extension? A photocopy has always been required. I've read that some immigration officials seem to do their own thing and ignore directives from above.

Just returned back to Thailand from the UK, 1 week ago & no TM6 required. In fact they have placed notices, just before the Immigration desks, stating that it has been suspended. Straight through Immigration in less than a minute, using my re-entry stamp, no hassles at all.

After a couple of days at home, i needed to renew my Non 'O' "retirement' Visa & this was also completed with zero hassle, at Jomtien office. Just the usual paperwork, photo, Bank stuff etc required.

9 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I think his question is valid?  I've been doing my 90 online I remember they asking for your entry date and the TM6 number. 

I just got my 90 day reminder, but I had just return from overseas July 25th, as noted no TM6 needed 90 days from my arrival online? 

i left thailand on 22 june  a few days before i collected my re entry visa from immigration the person who gave it to me stated strictly report within 24 hours of return..i asked my wife ti go in a few days later to confirm this because its going to be difficult to get back to where i live and report in that time  again they said yes must report

20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Something like yes. Tm6 has actually nothing to do with your 90 day report.

I did my 90 day on line last week and there no longer is a request for your TM6 number. Took 3 days for approval receipt. My question about the TM6 is if it will still be required for Non-IMM O visa renewals. I just renewed mine in May which was just before the announcement of TM6 not required for tourists…. Note; Tourists not long term visa holders.