What do you think about ASEANNOW new aggressive adverts?

problemfarang

Posts and replies removed. From the forum rules:

22. You will not discuss methods of bypassing or blocking advertisements on ASEAN NOW, other websites or circumventing any censorship of the internet or other communications by lawful authorities.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Couldn’t care less. A man’s gotta EAT!!!   What business is it of mine how ASEAN NOW makes its money???

thats truth.. agree. but.. you ok with the big adverbs bothering you.. websites also important how they work too.. how easy to use.. or else.. na

you would use a website full of advertisements keep bothering you OR you want to use a website easy to use.. brows.. reach or click easy where you want to? 

• Thanks 1

A comment on moderation has been removed. Forum rules 13:

You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues. You will not post a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. You may send a private message to a moderator to discuss individual actions or you can email support (at) aseannow.com to discuss moderation policy. Aggression or abuse against moderators is not tolerated and any such action will be sanctioned. There is no excuse for abuse.

Adverts may be annoying to some on this site as it may well be on thousands of others.  However there is one simple solution for those that find adverts annoying on any site, simply don't access that site.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Obviously running this site isn't free and the $$$ has to come from somewhere (I know that's stating the obvious but sometimes ...)

So, would anyone actually go with a subscription model to be ad-free? Possibly along the lines of some of the news sites, say 5 free threads a day then the ads kick in.

I doubt the cost would be significant but I've not done any numbers.

Attention!!!

Please respect the forum rules. More posts have been removed.

22. You will not discuss methods of bypassing or blocking advertisements on ASEAN NOW, other websites or circumventing any censorship of the internet or other communications by lawful authorities.

This is the third and final warning you will receive. Please feel free to discuss the amount and type of adverts on this site. Feel free to talk about which of the adverts you dislike and why.

Please do not make posts about ad blockers as this contravenes forum rule 22:

You will not discuss methods of bypassing or blocking advertisements on ASEAN NOW, other websites or circumventing any censorship of the internet or other communications by lawful authorities.

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Adverts may be annoying to some on this site as it may well be on thousands of others.  However there is one simple solution for those that find adverts annoying on any site, simply don't access that site.  

You mean that those who find the ads annoying do not go onto Asean Now any more?

• Like 1

hi guys,

i think this topic is off from what i intended. My point was i see adverbs everywhere and its kind of annoying and what other people think about it. I didnt want or mention someone tells or explain how to block them or avoid seeing these. its very normal that a website use adverbs to earn money or keep the website going. 

thanks to all Moderators that actually understood the topics and let it go so far. 

i dont want this topic goes off from the track so if any Moderator close the topic that would be nice.

@blackcab or @Crossy please.

thanks again

As long as the forum provides  useful information and help, I would pay a subscription fee for being ad free. The more ads I see, the less I use the forum. I manage my apps similarly: apps with ads are either purchased or rarely used resp. ultimately deleted.

• Like 2

I wouldn't access this forum or any other site with intrusive ads on my phone and I will leave it at that. Accessing it on my laptop, I have no issues. In my opinion, it will drive away some users and whoever makes the decisions should have just stuck with sponsored posts or maybe a few banners but they have all the data and if there is no traffic decrease after they were implemented, then they are here to stay.

• Like 1