What do you think about ASEANNOW new aggressive adverts?

problemfarang

3 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Since a man's gotta eat, he should think of ways to earn money that don't offend the people who provide his income.

I like to concentrate on REAL problems. A few extra clicks won’t kill me. The forum is free. Those who organize it have a right to make money. ????

On 8/5/2022 at 7:12 AM, stoner said:

possibly if certain modifications were also done to the terrible censoring that happens here. 

Ads are fine with me as long as they keep the forum free. I would not pay to access this site unless it were totally unmoderated and uncensored.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just had to access this website from a friend’s machine which has no “controls”, shall we say, on what ads are shown compared to my own setups.  

I never realized until then just how unusable this site is with all those “adverts/popups/area blocks etc!
5 clicks on advert “x” ’s just so I can see/find the UP arrow to get back to the top of the page is unacceptable!

Not a single page/article without unwanted interruptions.

I know you have to make money but do the Admin guys actually look at this forum as if they were real potential customers?    I think not.

If I was a potential customer and looked at this site from my friend’s machine with her unrestricted setup, compared to my more restricted one, there is no way I would sign up!

I have been so used to being “AD Free” on my systems I did not realize just how unusable this site is in an “AD allowed” world!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1