Murdered Couple Identified As Nigerian Man, Vietnamese Woman

webfact

7 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

I haven't seen anything mentioned about large amount of cash, you have a link to that?

Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that there was a large amount of cash or that the motive was robbery. I was just speculating that if the motive was robbery, a substantial amount of cash or other valuables would likely have been needed to provide motivation for a double homicide which likely required multiple participants. The number of people who were actually involved is, of course, unknown, but based on the grave digging, cement mixing, refilling the grave, need for a lookout, and the need for a criminally sophisticated "brain" to supervise during the commission of the crime, I believe there had to have been at least 3-4 individuals, possibly 4-6 people involved at the scene.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Since when is a double homicide of foreigners in Thailand a "trivial" and "simple" thing, especially when the motive is a total mystery and a high degree of criminal sophistication has been manifested? There's an element of "could this happen to me", and another reason there's interest is because when stuff like this happens and it hits the news, sometimes people start getting "big ideas" if you know what I mean. Yeah, I have a desire to see the perpetrators caught, and I'm putting my thinking cap on in the meantime while the crime's still under investigation. So what? I don't get why that seems to bother some people so much.

Please, Mr Gecko. When did a post that a double homicide is trivial and simple? The answer is never. Read and understand before making a silly reply. I posted that it is in human nature to speculate, and called that behavior a trivial and simple thing. As, I said, read and understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But to speculate what was speculated one must be able to speculate from either a standard of viewing similar crimes, or by speculating as a speculator in the interest of trying to be helpful....thats my speculation.

It wasn't me... in case one was speculating about that.

• Haha 1

Retribution for a romance scam is a plausible theory. Nigerians have been known to engage in this activity and maybe the woman served as the "bait." If a romance scam victim was somehow able to identify who the scammers were in advance, that could have given them the time needed to plan everything out the way they did. Only thing is, if you were a romance scam victim, wouldn't your goal be to get your money back? If you got your money back, then why not then take them down to the police and have them arrested? If you couldn't get your money back, you could still take them to the police? A double homicide is pretty risky just to get revenge for a romance scam. I still suspect financial gain was the motive, not retribution for a financial loss.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Retribution for a romance scam is a plausible theory. Nigerians have been known to engage in this activity and maybe the woman served as the "bait." If a romance scam victim was somehow able to identify who the scammers were in advance, that could have given them the time needed to plan everything out the way they did. Only thing is, if you were a romance scam victim, wouldn't your goal be to get your money back? If you got your money back, then why not then take them down to the police and have them arrested? If you couldn't get your money back, you could still take them to the police? A double homicide is pretty risky just to get revenge for a romance scam. I still suspect financial gain was the motive, not retribution for a financial loss.

You think too much.

Maybe he was in a Naem Neung restaurant and  took the waitress out, planning to elope to Gretna Green. 

Edited by Neeranam

8 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Speculating about unsolved crimes is part of human nature. If you're playing the "it's disrespectful to the victims" card, I view showing interest in what happened as a form of respect for the victims. What I find curious is that as soon as the male victim was identified as a Nigerian, interest in this story seems to have fallen off a cliff.

It certainly is not 'human narure'. Nor is it a common  trait at all. Its really weird and very unusual. It's pointless, meaningless speculation with no positive function.

7 hours ago, animalmagic said:

I can't be a 100% certain but the comment by Alyx may have been said in irony. 'Why speculate, I wonder', is another form of speculation. But I'm just speculating.

Now you are making me wonder

So why are the mug shot photos blurred? I would think the police want information like, "have you seen these people?" So the point of hiding their identity is?

Possible waiting to tell family, but if they have their names I would guess that has already been done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, same as the Nigerians in jail, not many people care maybe thinking they deserve to be there. 

Might also be a racial thing, not many black expats in Thailand. 

Interesting as they said at the start he was foreign, which was a racial remark. But to be fair, I've never met, or known of a black person becoming naturalized, I wonder.... 

Foreign is not racial remark.

If you lack the simple basic knowledge to differentiate between race, ethnicity, nationality, etc  I'll be ****** if I going to take the time to explain it to you.

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But to speculate what was speculated one must be able to speculate from either a standard of viewing similar crimes, or by speculating as a speculator in the interest of trying to be helpful....thats my speculation.

That's suppose that's supposed to be an interesting supposition.

Edited by PeeJayEm
supposition

15 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Foreign is not racial remark.

If you lack the simple basic knowledge to differentiate between race, ethnicity, nationality, etc  I'll be ****** if I going to take the time to explain it to you.

Of course it is a racial remark, and less of the insults. 

Not suited if I can be bothered vexpkaining to you. ????

They saw he was black and assumed he was a foreigner. Some people see my skin colour(white) and assume I'm a foreigner. 

Would this happen in the US or UK, no way, they'd be sued. 

12 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Immigration status of victims will provide a lot of insight. Both may have had economic incentive to be in Thailand, whether here legally or illegally. Leaning away from love triangle towards robbery as potential motive. Too much planning and too many people involved in the murder and concealment of corpses for love triangle to be the motive. If robbery was motive, yes, criminal activity (drugs, love scam) could explain large amount of cash or valuables, but Nigerian guy could also have been a legitimate gem trader with large amount of cash on person. Vietnamese woman may have just been collateral damage in robbery.

Sorted, then.

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Of course it is a racial remark, and less of the insults. 

Not suited if I can be bothered vexpkaining to you. ????

They saw he was black and assumed he was a foreigner. Some people see my skin colour(white) and assume I'm a foreigner. 

Would this happen in the US or UK, no way, they'd be sued. 

Its not a racial remark .

We are not in the U.K or the USA 

Those are multi racial Countries and Thailand isn't the same . 

9 hours ago, tandor said:
12 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Speculating about unsolved crimes is part of human nature. If you're playing the "it's disrespectful to the victims" card, I view showing interest in what happened as a form of respect for the victims. What I find curious is that as soon as the male victim was identified as a Nigerian, interest in this story seems to have fallen off a cliff.

...he may have been born in Ethiopia and move to Nigeria

That would make him Ethiopian.

• Haha 1