Thai Airways ROP Gold For USD10K ????

Would you pay US$10,000 for a Thai Airways travel voucher that also came with Gold Status in their Royal Orchid Plus mileage program for 2 years? I received the attached notice that if you basically pre-pay for 10k worth of travel, Thai throws in the Gold status for two years gratis. The main benefit I can glean from Gold status in ROP is two seat upgrades to the next higher level of travel during the Gold status period. (However, the ultra low cost seat buckets often don't qualify for upgrades.) There is also ROP and Star Alliance lounge and fast lane check-in and security/immigration lane access in airports that have them. 

For me, I don't need these perks because for longer international flights I fly business class but for someone who does a lot of flights in economy, it may be worthwhile to prepay to get these benefits with no wait.

Screenshot_20220805-113332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2210c67b20b0287b1e2713b065cd02eb.jpg

12 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

For me, I don't need these perks because for longer international flights I fly business class but for someone who does a lot of flights in economy, it may be worthwhile to prepay to get these benefits with no wait.

It's worth noting that many add on fees, like taxes and surcharges cannot be used with the credit "Air Ticket Cash Credit Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other additional fees, ticket taxes and surcharges of Royal Orchid Plus, fees associated with revenue ticket or any other THAI products and services"

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

It's worth noting that many add on fees, like taxes and surcharges cannot be used with the credit "Air Ticket Cash Credit Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other additional fees, ticket taxes and surcharges of Royal Orchid Plus, fees associated with revenue ticket or any other THAI products and services"

Yes...devil is in the details.