3.3 million foreigners traveled to Thailand since January 2022: report

snoop1130

43 minutes ago, Artisi said:

No different than the TAT, can you supply evidence that the TAT numbers are correct,  doubt it. 

I have absolutely no idea, just the same as everyone here, but I am not stating anything as fact.  The poster stated they count transit passengers so I am asking how they know.

Do we really think the TAT get passenger manifests from the airlines and count the names?  How else would they know how many people are transiting and not entering the country?  They obviously get their number from immigration.

It's just a tired old TVF cliche and it gets trotted out all the time and no one can ever back it up.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Friend came back from Oz a couple of weeks ago thru swampy. No Q at imm' and thru in minutes.

Just sayin'

Why would you expect any different?  The article says 3.3 million this year which is a tiny number.  You haven't uncovered anything there, the airport is much much quieter than it used to be,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Ah, here we go again.  Please show me some evidence that they count people who are transiting and don't pass immigration.

There is none.

It's thaivisa forum,the thoughts of any positive news coming out Thailand is too much for these people to handle.They thrive on negativity.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

My perception was that there was about 20% of normal tourist numbers last month.  I would be surprised if it doesn't grow to ~30% for peak season.  10MM might be a stretch, but 8MM seems reasonably possible.

The problem for Thailand though is that most people are not staying long enough to offset the flight-constrained reality.  There were a lot of large groups of young people that were in Thailand for 7-10 days as an example.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:45 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

That would be my guess for most of the Laotian travellers too, while a good number of the Malaysians might be doing business in Thailand, staying just for a day. - So, yeah, almost 700,000 Indians, Singaporeans, and Brits. Perhaps, a few hundred thousand other Europeans (I just read somewhere that 76,000 Russians travelled to Thailand this year, well off the 1 million target set by the government), Americans, Aussies, and Arabs...

You gave TAT a new slogan:

Our aim is to attract the rich people from the triple "A" countries.

Americans, Arabs, Aussies????

On 8/5/2022 at 8:25 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Also, what do tourists from Laos like to see and do in Thailand, I wonder? Savour spicy food, see a temple, or get a sun tan? (Asking for a friend.)

Big spenders --in this part of the country (ISSAN).. the BKK hospital group just finished building their newest and their biggest hospital here, car park is usually full of left hand drive cars. Lumpini built a 4 block 1,400 condo apartment residence a few years back, one of its largest enterprises ---28% sold to Loas residents. I think most business here are very happy that the border has reopened.  Not everyone comes for the bars.

I dont know why people doubt the 3 million mark--its not a high number for a well known tourist spot like Thailand--Their neighbor a boring (dont try to have fun here)  Muslim country, Malaysia is reporting that it has already had  2 million just from April on wards.  I think Thailand is more realistic saying 3 million from January

KUALA LUMPUR: The country has surpassed the targeted two million international tourist arrivals since the April 1 reopening of borders, with RM8.6 billion in tourism receipts.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2022/07/814464/malaysia-eyes-over-4-million-international-tourist-arrivals-2022-says

I have absolutely no idea, just the same as everyone here, but I am not stating anything as fact.  The poster stated they count transit passengers so I am asking how they know.

Do we really think the TAT get passenger manifests from the airlines and count the names?  How else would they know how many people are transiting and not entering the country?  They obviously get their number from immigration.

It's just a tired old TVF cliche and it gets trotted out all the time and no one can ever back it up.

It doesn't really matter, anyway.  The important thing is TAT always counts the same way, whether it's 2019 or 2022.  In 2010 there were about 16 million visitors, including me moving to Thailand.   In 2019 there were 39 million visitors.  This year, around 3 million and change so far.  Easy to see, still very bad compared to 2019.  And 2010.

It's all about repetitive marketing and clicks/views. 

Never mind those who extend reasonable challenges and questioning. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

It's all about repetitive marketing and clicks/views. 

Never mind those who extend reasonable challenges and questioning. 

What are you talking about? You think this is a ploy?

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What are you talking about? You think this is a ploy?

A very clever and manipulating ploy......for those of us wiser types that recognize what it is, as opposed to other types [you] who are easily taken in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

A very clever and manipulating ploy......for those of us wiser types that recognize what it is, as opposed to other types [you] who are easily taken in.

You have me confused with someone who gives a feces

17 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Why would you expect any different?  The article says 3.3 million this year which is a tiny number.  You haven't uncovered anything there, the airport is much much quieter than it used to be,

Read the last two words again. ????