Why do you think 95% of Thai's still wearing a mask while riding a scooter

ESLTeacher1989

13 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Wearing a mask on a scooter in Bangkok is a good thing.

Cuts down on the amount of air pollution you have to swallow,

When I get out of the city and I can breathe the air my mask goes away.  Have you ever observed the Moto Taxi Wins wearing the full face sock under the helmet, it is the same as wearing a mask.  Cuts down on the filth, well at least in BKK.  If these guys say no one in the country side is wearing them, well that I can believe.

12 minutes ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

No they didn't , you might have got a say 10 out of 100 people in Bangkok wearing masks, but its rare from looking at Photos. Less polluted areas in Thailand and it will be 1 or 2 people wearing masks while on scooter

Now after COVID its about 95-99/100 Thais wearing masks

Yet they still wore them before, point to TR 1 - ESL 0

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I think they wear it,  just because if has become habit.

But, after wearing one on a motorbike due to the situation, I will continue to do so.  Bad air from belching buses and cars breathing in that garbage is not good to ingest.  Occasionally, the ingestion and bad smell of that exhaust smoke stench lasts the whole day.  

Yes, good, I do think it is habit, and out of respect. I can just look at myself, I still always put on the mask when I go out (to respect others) and I even forget to take it off when I come home. I can sit down and watch TV and don't even know that I've forgotten to take it off until my daughter asks me - why do you have your mask on? 2 hours later 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Question for you? Did they wear helmets before Covid......but yes they did wear masks before when they rode, I was one of them, but I did wear my helmet.

as you know many no helmet before and no helmet now, I can't remember them wearing masks before covid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1