Lawyer makes multiple excuses for "Sia B" after tragic fire at Mountain B - will ask court for bail

webfact

6 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

If they are illegal the police and land office should have been all over it a long time ago.

Don't believe that the police have any part to play over premises unless informed officially -, but in saying that - I'm sure they are fully aware of the fact and pay a (unofficial) visit each day. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Don't believe that the police have any part to play over premises unless informed officially -, but in saying that - I'm sure they are fully aware of the fact and pay a (unofficial) visit each day. 

They have closed down places before that were illegal.

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Police asked the court to extend the detention of the owner of Mountain B pub pending prosecution on charges of negligence causing death and the unauthorized operation of the pub. He apologized for the loss of dead and injured victims and promised full compensation.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1556494980293595143

The Pattaya Provincial Court has granted bail to the owner of Mountain B pub with a surety of 300,000 baht and ordered him to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1556548620971032576

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

"He doesn't have much knowledge or understanding of the world and has made mistakes".

I could puke if I read something like that.

A 27 year old businessman with an intellectual development level of a 3 year old? That's supposed to excuse his negligent actions, which caused a lot of people to die?

Ridiculous argument by the lawyer.

Typical from the child-like mind of a Thai. 

"He hoped the court would understand that and realise that giving bail to his client would facilitate the arranging of compensation payments. He would not try to run away."

Well, the Red Bull grandkid springs to mind ???? 

I assume that all police officers as well as governmental representatives who approved the premises as restaurant, have been thrown into the slammer as well. 

Remember vividly, when the goons came around to "approve" my restaurant which, very much to their regret, fulfilled all conditions, laws and criteria and so they had to leave empty-handed. I could have built anything and get everything approved; just a matter of the thickness of the manila envelopes as well as repetitive payments into the coffee box of the semi-divines ???? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

A 27 year old businessman with an intellectual development level of a 3 year old? That's supposed to excuse his negligent actions, which caused a lot of people to die?

"A 27 year old businessman with an intellectual development level of a 3 year old?"

Where was that garbage stated?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Your next task is to locate the architect who specified the less than fireproof insulation and the contractor who installed it!

"...the less than fireproof insulation and the contractor who installed it!

Yai Star Insulation Co, owned by Phichet Thinon.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

And the authorities and inspectors didn't notice that a nightclub had just popped up? I'll call BS on that. 

A lot of inspectors and regulators are likely to be trying to distance themselves from this business now after getting their monthly stipend.

It only opened in June this year, hardly time to make any monthly stipends!

• Confused 1

I would love to see those local boys in brown prosecuted for their part in the negligence, i.e. they obviously knew the establishment was there, and chose to turn a blind eye, thanks to those brown envelopes continuously coming in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would love to see those local boys in brown prosecuted for their part in the negligence, i.e. they obviously knew the establishment was there, and chose to turn a blind eye, thanks to those brown envelopes continuously coming in.

Although many retired foreigners would be infuriated if their local drinking spots were closed down for not adhering to all the rules and regulations 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The entire front of the building was glass.

? And 

"? And"

What?  You mean, "And?"

Maybe you should look at the post that I was referring to, I think glass qualifies as being windows.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Been moved to the infamous inactive posts dept:

Five senior officers at the police station including a chief have been transferred to the Chonburi Provincial Police Station by order of the Commander-in-Chief of that station.

Transferring officers to an inactive post is often a form of punishment in Thailand

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"? And"

What?  You mean, "And?"

Maybe you should look at the post that I was referring to, I think glass qualifies as being windows.

Nope, a glass front does not qualify as windows to me, its just that a glass front facade, the inside which was the entire length of the club had zero window openings

"...the club had zero window openings"

Apart from the entire glass front of the building.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

"...the club had zero window openings"

Apart from the entire front of the building.   

Whats this, rinse and repeat....:?

Nope, a glass front does not qualify as windows to me, its just that a glass front facade, the inside which was the entire length of the club had zero window openings and built with shoddy fire risk soundproof interior cladding

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Been moved to the infamous inactive posts dept:

Five senior officers at the police station including a chief have been transferred to the Chonburi Provincial Police Station by order of the Commander-in-Chief of that station.

Transferring officers to an inactive post is often a form of punishment in Thailand

No signs of corruption so far in illegal operation of Chonburi pub: police

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40018621

• Like 1