Lawyer makes multiple excuses for "Sia B" after tragic fire at Mountain B - will ask court for bail

webfact

14 hours ago, starky said:

You would be a "boss" supporter as well then eh? Not denying the facts? He has copped to negligence and operating without a license. How about wrongful death and all the other greivous damage he caused? Or his families depends on who is copping the wrap. Poor kid

Read it again. This time carefully.

10 hours ago, itsari said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"? And"

What?  You mean, "And?"

Maybe you should look at the post that I was referring to, I think glass qualifies as being windows.

A window is defined as a opening to allow light or air . 

You think that the glass front of the building doesn't allow light through it?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Freed1948 said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...should have been all over it a long time ago".

Since June, yeah.

Jesus, mate you're quick on your nit-picking. I'm sure the families of 

the victims are not concerned with your attempt at being pedantic.

It's odd that comments that you don't agree with, regardless of their being accurate is "nit-picking" in your mind.  

I'm making reasoned comments on irrational posts, the one you picked on here was not pedanticism (maybe you should look it up) as there's a huge difference between a month and "a long time ago" and a poster criticising the police for something they could never have done is just ridiculous. 

"I'm sure the families of the victims are not concerned with your attempt at being pedantic".

I'm sure the families aren't concerned with anyone else's comments here, either, including yours, because they won't be reading them but, regardless, I really don't care about their imaginary concern about what I post, it's a forum and the only reason for its existence is to publish comments.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

A far better offer to the families of the deceased.

I believe the owner offered only B50,000 each to the families, if indeed that is true.
https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/07/owner-of-mountain-b-pub-in-sattahip-that-caught-fire-and-killed-15-people-arrested-and-charged-more-compensation-coming-for-victims/

Chonburi authorities and foundations have come together to offer 354,400 baht each to the families of the 15 people who died in the Mountain B Pub blaze last Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40018659

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:
28 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I'm sure the families of the victims are not concerned with your attempt at being pedantic".

How can you be sure? Do you know any of them?

Seems very modern of you to be offended on other people's behalf.

I'm not offended and I'm not expressing offence on behalf of anyone else.

"How can you be sure? Do you know any of them?"

I did not write that, I was quoting Freed1948's comment.   But, to answer your question anyway, no, I do not know any of them but I'm pretty sure that the small number of regular readers of this English-language forum do not include the young, Thai clientele of Sattahip's Mountain B pub.   If you know of anything that rationally contradicts my assumption, I'm sure you'll correct me with whatever you've got.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that the glass front of the building doesn't allow light through it?  

A windows is defined as an opening in the wall or roof, usually containing a sheet of glass.

If the Mountain B glass frontage was able to 'open' then you are correct, if not, you are not correct. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Read it again. This time carefully.

Maybe you should read what you wrote. Again. Carefully.

And whilst you are there any evidence to back up this subjective tripe?

"fact he seems to be facing his responsibilities and must be feeling pretty terrible about this "

Edited by starky

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A windows is defined as an opening in the wall or roof, usually containing a sheet of glass.

If the Mountain B glass frontage was able to 'open' then you are correct, if not, you are not correct. 

Are you saying all windows have a capacity to be opened? If so you are very very wrong. So all these high rise buildings have no windows in your opinion?

window is an opening in a wall, door, roof, or vehicle that allows the exchange of light and may also allow the passage of sound and sometimes air.

Do you know/ Understand the difference between opening and can be opened?

Edited by starky
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A far better offer to the families of the deceased.

I believe the owner offered only B50,000 each to the families, if indeed that is true.
https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/07/owner-of-mountain-b-pub-in-sattahip-that-caught-fire-and-killed-15-people-arrested-and-charged-more-compensation-coming-for-victims/

Chonburi authorities and foundations have come together to offer 354,400 baht each to the families of the 15 people who died in the Mountain B Pub blaze last Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40018659

Not much for a life is it. Particularly where clear negligence was involved. Hush money smells.

38 minutes ago, anchadian said:

So a non-opening window is not a window?  You're not really trying to say that are you?   

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just to confirm, there were no windows in the building which was obviously built only as a nightclub, not restaurant, the only glass it had was the facade at the front entrance reception areas

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

i.e It was NOT a window.

Just as a thought.  Mr LL go back to the end of the queue.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:18 AM, starky said:

So which is it ? A successful businessman or just a poor simple kid making hos way in life?

Speaking of which is it

"

He said that the compensation would be a difficult business as it involves many people and the land couldn't be used for that purpose.

Mountain B was on rented land. 

The lawyer further claimed that the nightclub was a "family business

So did the poor simple kid know he couldnt use the land for a nightclub and is it his or the families? Talk aboit contradictory b.s

What the lawyer means is they don't own the land so can't sell it to raise money for the victims. 
The money needs to come from somewhere else.