POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We are talking about this particular raid and the A.G signed this raid off.

He gave permission for this raid .

(YES, OK I admit I was wrong , I did use the word "raids" and I should have used the word "raid" to denote this raid in particular that we are talking about and it must have been confusing when I said "raids" instead of *raid* because it seemed like I meant all raids instead of the raid we are talking about )

A lot of what you say is confusing.

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Neutral

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” -Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride.

That's a weighty quote you've got there. Really hard hitting. I always quote fictional characters from fairytales when I really want to make my point ????.

It seems you are struggling with the meaning. Or maybe it is the concept you cannot understand, being so vitriolic towards Trump?

Allow me to assist.  

image.png.c22af15798d6167fb7674bf830bdc152.png

Still no news about the proverbial smoking gun found by The Dems, sorry I mean The FBI?

Edited by JonnyF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Allow me to assist.  

Still no news about the proverbial smoking gun found by The Dems, sorry I mean The FBI?

Oh the irony is just delicious...

"I am NEUTRAL"... except when it comes to deliberate obfuscation! ????????????

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Here is an interesting take from Alan Dershowitz- hardly a supporter of Trump;

The decision by the Justice Department to conduct a full-scale morning raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Largo home does not seem justified, based on what we know as of now. If it is true that the basis of the raid was the former president’s alleged removal of classified material from the White House, that would constitute a double standard of justice.

There were no raids, for example, on the homes of Hillary Clinton or former Clinton administration national security adviser Sandy Berger for comparable allegations of mishandling official records in the recent past. Previous violations of the Presidential Records Act typically have been punished by administrative fines, not criminal prosecution. Perhaps there are legitimate reasons for applying a different standard to Trump’s conduct, but those are not readily obvious at this stage.

The more appropriate action would have been for a grand jury to issue a subpoena for any boxes of material that were seized and for Trump’s private safe that was opened. That would have given Trump’s lawyers the opportunity to challenge the subpoena on various grounds — that some of the material was not classified; that previous classified material was declassified by Trump; that other documents may be covered by various privileges, such as executive or lawyer-client.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3594412-justice-department-should-have-subpoenaed-documents-not-raided-trumps-home/

This point has already been debated but since you are late to the party, let's clear this one up for you. 

You would do a raid over a subpoena IF you thought a subpoenau would only be allowing the person to either destroy the evidence, change the eveidence or somehow 'lose' the evidence. 

This was obviously a distinct possibility with Trump, hence the raid.

• Like 1

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

Allow me to assist using your own defination.

You CANNOT call yourself neutral when you only argue one side of a debate. Which you do. Constantly.

Defination? Not heard of that one, is that another one of your favourite Fairytales? Sorry, not really my genre. 

But actually I AM neutral. I have stated multiple times on this thread that I do not like Trump and that he is a liar. However, because I also point out Biden's lies (in keeping with my neutrality) I am labelled a Trump fan by the hard leftists/Dems.

It's quite amusing when you think about it ????.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Oh the irony is just delicious...

"I am NEUTRAL"... except when it comes to deliberate obfuscation! ????????????

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.

Allow me to clarify my position, again. I will keep it as simple as possible as the audience appears to be struggling.

• I am neither Republican nor Democrat.
  • I like neither Trump nor Biden.
  • I believe yesterday's unprecendented raid was politically motivated, and I believe in due course evidence will show my opinion to be correct.

I fail to see any reason those 3 positions cannot be held simultaneously.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's a weighty quote you've got there. Really hard hitting. I always quote fictional characters from fairytales when I really want to make my point ????.

It seems you are struggling with the meaning. Or maybe it is the concept you cannot understand, being so vitriolic towards Trump?

Allow me to assist.  

As exemplified by your statement that Trump critics here are "radical leftists" and "antifa types".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Finland have been brave enough to fight  wars with Russia on their own and win those wars

Dullsville, pedant subject switching and usual passive aggressive lie of pretending not to understand.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Trump's crime, if that's what it turns out to be, may simply be keeping classified documents he had no business keeping. This investigation doesn't have to be in furtherance of uncovering any other possible crimes.

Monday's FBI search came as part of an investigation into whether he took classified records from the White House to his Florida residence, so IMO and according to the law, was justified.

Trump himself confirmed the search publicly, with a fiery statement condemning it as "prosecutorial misconduct" and saying agents had opened up a safe in his home.

While Trump didn't say what the search was related to, the Justice Department has been investigating for months the potential mishandling of classified information. It started after the National Archives and Records Administration said it had received 15 boxes of White House records from Mar-a-Lago, including documents containing classified information.

If indeed he is found to have illegally taken classified records, then there is a catch, which may ensnare this moron, because Under Title 18 of the US Code, Section 2071, titled "Concealment, removal or mutilation generally". It concerns the mishandling of government documents.

The section states that any individual with "the custody" of such documents who "wilfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies or destroys" them "shall be fined or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States".

This would stop him running for election again, and will probably do the US a great deal of good!

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Sweden and Finland applying to join NATO had nothing to do with Biden or the USA .

Its Russia's war with Ukraine that is the reason why those Countries want to join NATO

And with NATO comes the US and its nuclear capability. That is a deterrent both nations sought. NATO nations contacted Biden to request troops and training, plus equipment upgrades. Biden responded.

Perhaps you have inside contacts in Foggy Bottom or Langley? Maybe Crystal City?

I'm guessing......No.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

And with NATO comes the US and its nuclear capability. That is a deterrent both nations sought. NATO nations contacted Biden to request troops and training, plus equipment upgrades. Biden responded.

Perhaps you have inside contacts in Foggy Bottom or Langley? Maybe Crystal City?

I'm guessing......No.

Well, apart from the fact that the U.K and France also have Nuclear weapons .

I would prefer it if the U.K kept out the Ukraine/Russian war 

45 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Sweden and Finland applying to join NATO had nothing to do with Biden or the USA .

Its Russia's war with Ukraine that is the reason why those Countries want to join NATO

USA's massive contribution to both NATO and the war effort generally had nothing to do with it? No diplomacy going on either? Sometimes you really like to push a line that is really improbable. If NATO was weakened as Trump tried to do they would have seen no point. They aren't getting weapons from NATO, they have their own. They are getting interoperability.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Finland have been brave enough to fight  wars with Russia on their own and win those wars

Dullsville, pedant subject switching and usual passive aggressive lie of pretending not to understand.

• Like 1