POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Quite possibly true.

Not exactly a great reason to enrage your opponents further with state sponsored harrassment though...

Naturally you have the incontrovertible truth that it was state sponsored. You know all those emails, phone calls, links etc and you will produce them at the right moment. 

You do have them, don't you?

If you actually have NO proof at all that might make you a person telling porkies, and as you have repeatedly called both Trump and Biden liars, what does that make you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

There's no p***y grabbing mentioned in the headline. Are you dreaming again? No offense.

Of course there isn't. It is just the usual hysterics that the former President engenders in his detractors. To be honest, it's quite funny to read. People getting their knackers in a twist (love that phrase, thanks England) over every possible permutation and possibility. 

The media has been doing their version of Moses wandering in the Sinai for two years now. Trump was the best thing that ever happened to them and they got lazy.  When he left office, ratings plummeted. So they (and their friends in Washington) have been constantly on the sniff for anything Trump related. Trying to capture the old magic, so to speak. This situation seems tailor made for them- something to speculate on and rehash for the next month. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Yet found zip

You know this 100% for certain? 

So prove it. Lay out all your facts and evidence now so that we can all see the truth in front of us.

You do have all the facts, don't you?

Have you been on your back to the future trip again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was saying that the raid would have had to have the agreement of Garland , he would have had to sign it off , Chris Wray the FBI boss also had a verbal public  conflict with Donald .

Both Garland and Wray would have been either behind this raid or in agreement with it , they both may have orchestrated it .

Its a possibility that the raid may have been political .

Lets wait and see what they find first though, before jumping to any conclusions .

Wait and see what they find first .

If they find nothing , both Garland and Wray will have some explaining to do 

And if they have found a lot of things that Trump should not have had then I expect that you will have a lot of explaining to do. Why, because you are accusing everybody connect with the search liars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

The expression is normally knickers in a twist but never mind. 

It could be that he does bad things and the heroes in the story are those that take him on. Biden. The January 6 committee. Those who made this happen.  

Apologies from this humble colonial regarding my misnomering the phrase. But twisted knackers WOULD be much more painful...

• Haha 1

Poor poor pitiful Mr. Trump.

Perhaps a Go Fund Me page is in order?

'Poor, persecuted Trump': Journalist mocks GOP hysteria - Alternet.org

After the FBI executed a search warrant at Donald Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago in South Florida on Monday, August 8, it didn’t take long for countless Republicans — from House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to Trump himself — to describe the former president as a victim of Democratic persecution. Washington Post opinion writer Paul Waldman takes a look at these reactions in his August 9 column, brutally mocking the “poor, persecuted Trump” narrative and slamming Republicans as hysterical whiners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Of course there isn't. It is just the usual hysterics that the former President engenders in his detractors. To be honest, it's quite funny to read. People getting their knackers in a twist (love that phrase, thanks England) over every possible permutation and possibility. 

The media has been doing their version of Moses wandering in the Sinai for two years now. Trump was the best thing that ever happened to them and they got lazy.  When he left office, ratings plummeted. So they (and their friends in Washington) have been constantly on the sniff for anything Trump related. Trying to capture the old magic, so to speak. This situation seems tailor made for them- something to speculate on and rehash for the next month. 

Yes. I think so too. CNN still seem to be talking more about Trump than Biden.

BTW it's knickers, not knackers. ????

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Naturally you have the incontrovertible truth that it was state sponsored. You know all those emails, phone calls, links etc and you will produce them at the right moment. 

You do have them, don't you?

If you actually have NO proof at all that might make you a person telling porkies, and as you have repeatedly called both Trump and Biden liars, what does that make you?

It seems you haven't grasped the concept of forums. 

People share opinions, they debate. 

Not every opinion can be backed up with irrefutable scientific evidence. If you need that for every post I would suggest maybe forums are not for you. 

An opinion is just that. The fact that I do not have multiple links to scientific evidence to back up my opinion on something that happened yesterday does not make me a liar.

Relax. Have a beer ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Finland have been brave enough to fight  wars with Russia on their own and win those wars

And how many decades ago was that? The second war against Russia ended in 1944, some 78 years ago.

There is much more on both of these links if you had bothered to do any research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

The Winter War,[F 6] also known as the First Soviet-Finnish War, was a war between the Soviet Union and Finland. The war began with a Soviet invasion of Finland on 30 November 1939, three months after the outbreak of World War II, and ended three and a half months later with the Moscow Peace Treaty on 13 March 1940. Despite superior military strength, especially in tanks and aircraft, the Soviet Union suffered severe losses and initially made little headway.

*edited*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War

The Continuation War, also known as the Second Soviet-Finnish War, was a conflict fought by Finland and Nazi Germany against the Soviet Union from 1941 to 1944, as part of World War II.[Note 3] In Soviet historiography, the war was called the Finnish Front of the Great Patriotic War.[Note 4] Germany regarded its operations in the region as part of its overall war efforts on the Eastern Front and provided Finland with critical material support and military assistance, including economic aid.[19]

Edited by Scott

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

There's no p***y grabbing mentioned in the headline. Are you dreaming again? No offense.

Correct, and neither is there anything in the headline about harassment. That's something you've dreamt up yet when I bring up his self-admitted harassment you get your titties in a twist??

For pete's sake man, get a grip.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And if they have found a lot of things that Trump should not have had then I expect that you will have a lot of explaining to do. Why, because you are accusing everybody connect with the search liars.

Is it me that is accusing everyone of being liars or is it the people who found a lot of things ?

BTW, Why would I be required to explain the things that other people found in Trumps possession . 

Are you mistaking me for someone else ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It seems you haven't grasped the concept of forums. 

People share opinions, they debate. 

Not every opinion can be backed up with irrefutable scientific evidence. If you need that for every post I would suggest maybe forums are not for you. 

An opinion is just that. The fact that I do not have multiple links to scientific evidence to back up my opinion on something that happened yesterday does not make me a liar.

Relax. Have a beer ????

It doesn't make you a person who tells the truth either.

BTW you don't debate either.

You claim to be neutral but support Trump and attack Biden every chance you get.

Sorry about the beer, but I quit drinking alcohol over 2 years ago.

I will have a soda water with ice though.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

2 posts ago you were arguing there were no hard leftists here. 

Now you're playing the "ah but there are also far right members".

Pick a position. Stick to it. 

Why do you think that one position is in contradiction of the other?

Unlike you, who call people "radical leftists" apparently because they strongly oppose Donald Trump, I can provide criteria to judge whether or not someone is hard right

I think what distinguishes the hard right is their belief in conspiracy theories.

For instance that human caused climate change isn't real or not significant and that the so-called evidence is really a plot by scientists looking for generous government handouts and a cabal looking to promote one-world government

That threats posed by pollution are overexaggerated and have been created to undermine capitalism and promote one-world government

That alternative energy is a scam also promoted to undermine the economy and to promote one-world govt.

That the U.S. elections were stolen despite the fact that even Republican state governments could find no good evidence of that

Or that covid vaccines are actually dangerous or potentially dangerous and it is safer not to take them.

Also what feature widely amongst them is admiration for authoritarian, anti-democratic  figures like Putin, Bolsonaro, and Orban.

Usually they'll espouse some weirdly self contradictory positions like corporations have too much power but support laws that make them richer and more powerful.

Or that working people are getting the shaft but oppose unions.

I have seen all these positions expressed repeatedly on aseannow.com. Usually the same bunch of people. They may deviate on 1 or 2 points but mostly not.

Just now, billd766 said:

It doesn't make you a person who tells the truth either.

BTW you don't debate either.

You claim to be neutral but support Trump and attack Biden every chance you get.

Sorry about the beer, but I quit drinking alcohol over 2 years ago.

I will have a soda water with ice though.

I give my opinion. Then I debate.  The truth will hopefully be exposed further down the line. It only happened yesterday and this will drag on for years. It's unprecedented and hence will cause further divide IMO. I hope not.

Good job on quitting alcohol though. It doesn't cause me any problems but I do understand that it doesn't really suit people with underlying anger/personality issues.  So, good job quitting.  Horses for courses. 

• Haha 2

On 8/9/2022 at 6:43 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

They will never stop hounding and harassing him. After nearly 6 years of massive interdepartment investigations of every aspect of Trump's life, the multitude of accusations against him of various crimes remain unproven. Must be getting painful for the authorities now, hence this ridiculous move to raid Trump's home.

Stand strong Mr Trump. They will have egg on their faces once again.

Democrats are just "s......g " their pants he would run again i guess after Biden and Kamala " performance "....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Why? He lost bigly the last time he ran, remember?

Ended with a big "discussion " about the outcome and they never have forgotten it yet ....

So they probably unite for next election ....

Just my thought's ....being a spectator only...????

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Why? He lost bigly the last time he ran, remember?

Yes, the last election was a referendum on Trump. Biden did not win the election, Trump lost. The next election will be the same. Republicans are dearly wishing that it will be run on the economy but there'd need to be a big downturn from here to make that so. Core inflation is falling today, stocks up again. I expect by 2024 Biden will have won the war, unless the US is involved in the fighting by then, in which case it will produce a victory for Biden as it did for GW Bush.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I give my opinion. Then I debate.  The truth will hopefully be exposed further down the line. It only happened yesterday and this will drag on for years. It's unprecedented and hence will cause further divide IMO. I hope not.

Good job on quitting alcohol though. It doesn't cause me any problems but I do understand that it doesn't really suit people with underlying anger/personality issues.  So, good job quitting.  Horses for courses. 

Probably why Trump has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life. So he claims................lol

When House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of Bakersfield threatened Attorney General Merrick Garland on Twitter Monday night for deploying FBI agents to search the Florida resort of former President Donald Trump, it was a political declaration of war.

McCarthy once swore an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, but that oath clearly means little to him as he unilaterally disregards the work of a sitting attorney general before Garland even has a chance to make his case against Trump.

The California Republican cares only about his soiled Republican Party and his ability to hold on to power, which McCarthy said he would abuse if his party gained control of the House in November and McCarthy then became House Speaker.

https://nordot.app/930011051085512704?c=592622757532812385

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

When House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of Bakersfield threatened Attorney General Merrick Garland on Twitter Monday night for deploying FBI agents to search the Florida resort of former President Donald Trump, it was a political declaration of war.

McCarthy once swore an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, but that oath clearly means little to him as he unilaterally disregards the work of a sitting attorney general before Garland even has a chance to make his case against Trump.

The California Republican cares only about his soiled Republican Party and his ability to hold on to power, which McCarthy said he would abuse if his party gained control of the House in November and McCarthy then became House Speaker.

https://nordot.app/930011051085512704?c=592622757532812385

Garland agrees to a raid on Trumps house and safe box

McCarthy believes the reasons behind the raids are Political 

He believes that Garlands motives were for Pollical reasons . 

McCarthy then says he will fully investigate the raid to see whether it was for Political reasons .

McCarthy then gets accused of not defending the U.S Constitution for wanting to investigate Garland who is suspected of using the law to supress democracy .

McCarthy is making sure the rules were followed and  nothing untoward occurred , yet he is being accused of not defending the Constitution whilst making sure the Constitution is being followed 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Garland agrees to a raid on Trumps house and safe box

McCarthy believes the reasons behind the raids are Political 

He believes that Garlands motives were for Pollical reasons . 

McCarthy then says he will fully investigate the raid to see whether it was for Political reasons .

McCarthy then gets accused of not defending the U.S Constitution for wanting to investigate Garland who is suspected of using the law to supress democracy .

McCarthy is making sure the rules were followed and  nothing untoward occurred , yet he is being accused of not defending the Constitution whilst making sure the Constitution is being followed 

McCarthy knows very well the raid was nothing to do with politics. He's not that feckless.

The whole notion that the raid was politically motivated is just a continuance of the big lie, that the election was stolen.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I didnt know that .

BTW , how do you know that ?

How do you know what McCarthy thinks ?

I gave him credit for not being a complete imbecile just now. There is no way that anyone with any connections to the intelligence community as he has thinks this is political. This is about raising money and firing up the base, nothing to do with the truth.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I didnt know that .

BTW , how do you know that ?

How do you know what McCarthy thinks ?

McCarthy is doing just what you do here every day.  Playing dumb and pretending.  Make an accusation with no basis, then deflect repeatedly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1