Thai Tourist Visa issued in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam? No more visa exempt allowed (Visa run 2022)

17 hours ago, shdmn said:

I would be careful on relying on randon articles, even Thai Embassies are sometimes not up to date and "thaiembassy.com" is a business website and not government. You guys have to understand that the Thai Immigration dislike people that claim to be Tourists, the system is designed to give you a certain timeframe to get your things in order.

11 hours ago, visarunner said:

I would be careful on relying on randon articles, even Thai Embassies are sometimes not up to date and "thaiembassy.com" is a business website and not government. You guys have to understand that the Thai Immigration dislike people that claim to be Tourists, the system is designed to give you a certain timeframe to get your things in order.

Just goes to show that no matter how many links you provide people will still find reasons to disagree with you.  ????‍♂️

One of those links is an embassy/consultate.  I am well aware that thaiembassy.com is a business.  Hence why I provided other links.

Edited by shdmn

• 2 weeks later...

On the visa application form:

what’s a good thing to write for “local guarantor”? (I don’t know anyone in Vietnam)

What about “guarantor in Thailand” if I don’t have anyone who wants to be involved?

For “Occupation (include position and name of employer)” would visa be more likely to be denied if put “unemployed”? what might an acceptable answer be?

“Proof of accommodation to stay covering at least half of the trip with complete information.”

Really we are expected to pay for a month of hotel before even knowing if we’ll be granted a visa? 

14 minutes ago, seeriipaap said:

On the visa application form:

what’s a good thing to write for “local guarantor”? (I don’t know anyone in Vietnam)

What about “guarantor in Thailand” if I don’t have anyone who wants to be involved?

For “Occupation (include position and name of employer)” would visa be more likely to be denied if put “unemployed”? what might an acceptable answer be?

“Proof of accommodation to stay covering at least half of the trip with complete information.”

Really we are expected to pay for a month of hotel before even knowing if we’ll be granted a visa? 

For most visas, guarantors are not needed. The visa application form must accommodate visas of all kinds. You can leave the guarantor fields blank. Again, the Occupation field probably does not matter unless you are a Vietnamese national.

British Thai Embassy has this;

Royal Thai Embassy, London
สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงลอนดอน
" 30-day Visa Exemption Scheme
Passport holders of the countries eligible for Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in Thailand Foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme may only do so for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6-month period by flight and 2 times a year for overland crossing."

So there is a rule.... dep on where you read ????

Same use to be on Oslo, Norway, Thai embassy site but now it's gone!

Royal Thai Embassy, Oslo

สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงออสโล

"2 times a year for overland crossing."

No mention on air travel restrictions.

3 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

British Thai Embassy has this;

Royal Thai Embassy, London
สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงลอนดอน
" 30-day Visa Exemption Scheme
Passport holders of the countries eligible for Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in Thailand Foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme may only do so for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6-month period by flight and 2 times a year for overland crossing."

That rule was rescinded in 2008. You will find the same error on other websites.

There is not restriction on the number of entries you can do by air.

Only at land border crossing are they limited to 2 per calendar year.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, foreverlomsak said:

assume from the problem he didn't bother with a re-entry permit, as leaving without one cancels the previous visa/entension.

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit on a covid extension??

Can we get a re-entry permit on a single entry tourist visa?

5 minutes ago, seeriipaap said:

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit on a covid extension??

Can we get a re-entry permit on a single entry tourist visa?

Yes and Yes

The re-entry permit will only be valid to the day your permit to stay ends.

I used to do many TR visas in Saigon and I thought it was possibly the best place to get it done. Of course Vientiane used to be the surest place to avoid issues. Also enjoyed the experience in Hanoi, so plenty of options close by.

Would be interesting to know how things have changed since countries opened up. Is it still a simple and hassle free process in Saigon? I'm thinking of either Saigon or Penang for a TR visa trip in early Dec. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, ChomDo said:

Is it still a simple and hassle free process in Saigon? I'm thinking of either Saigon or Penang for a TR visa trip in early Dec. 

Picked it up next day with no questions asked.

Just make sure to book an appointment in advance and provide all the documents they require.