Starting Social Security benefits

@DineshR

Congrats on being approved by the U.S. government for Ol' Geezer status.....and the government will indirectly remind you each month of this status via an Ol' Geezer payment.  I've been enjoying my monthly reminder for years....I'm sure you will too.  ????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Dec 4, 2022, my wife applied to initiate her benefits.  The online application was received with a response that the process normally takes "2-4 weeks". The application was assigned to the Manila FBU within 24 hours.

2 weeks go by, then 4 weeks, then 8 weeks, then 10 weeks and not any response or action undertaken by the Manila FBU whatsoever. So we sent them an inquiry using their web portal on Feb 6. Another week goes by and then we get an email scheduling a telephone interview for the following week Feb 16.  At the appointed time on the appointed date she did not receive the expected call.  I tried to call them- this being a Thursday during their "telephone office hours", and no one answered.  I wrote them an email the very same day asking why they haven't called; and later that day they did call and completed the telephone interview.  However, they informed her that her US Passport and Marriage Certificate needed to be sent to the Manila FBU by Mar 16 to complete their processing. So their very next day, Friday Feb 17, we couriered the passport & marriage certificate which arrived at the Embassy on Tuesday Feb 21. We requested that when returning these to give us the courier info and tracking number.

On Wed Mar 1, the Manila FBU sent an email that our docs were "scheduled to be sent back" on Friday Mar 3.  The following week we received nothing- no documents, no tracking info.  I sent an email to the Manila FBU on Mar 10 asking for information on where their courier package was- no acknowledgement.  Again on Mar 13 I sent an email request and on Mar 14 Manila FBU answered "Upon checking, there has been a delay on mailing out of original documents. Your documents are still in our office and will be due for mailing out this week or next."  

"Upon checking" means no one was paying attention to return our documents as "scheduled" for Mar 3, and only our follow ups triggered their action to find that our documents had not been handled as promised. Their advice that our documents "will be due for mailing out this week or next" is not viewed by us as much of a commitment on their part.  I've emailed back that their performance has been unacceptable. The passport is a most critical document that needs to be in the hands of the owner and as soon as the SSA's business purpose was satisfied it should have been returned expeditiously. To wait possible 3 full weeks (or more) for its' return, after they were finished with it, is ridiculous.

So as of today it's been more than 16 weeks since my wife applied for her benefits and she still does not have her Benefits approval.

Manila FBU.  Seriously deficient in their performance and meeting their commitments.

(And I am still awaiting Manila's FBU answer to my inquiry I sent last December as to whether I was potentially having my benefit suspended even tho I have submitted the Form 7162 twice last year.)

• Like 1

jeffandgop,

Your report above is definitely a Manila SSA FBU horror story.   It sure appears the Manila SSA has major problems for whatever reason(s).   

Now while other posts over the years and my own experience with my application years back reported the Manila FBU did a fast job in processing a person's application there are also posts like yours  above "and my wife's" SSA application thru Manila that were horror stories.  In my wife's case although the telephone interview and application processing went fast the Manila FBU made a typo on when the wife's benefit's were to begin which resulted in a lower monthly payment----and correction of this error which involved SSA recalling the money paid too early and correcting her master SSA record took around 4 months of numerous calls/emails to the Baltimore SSA head office.....what a mess because the Manila FBU rep made a typo in the application submitted to Baltimore for final processing/approval (and Manila admitted they made the typo in an email).  But when the dust settled everything was fixed....but as mentioned it took a lot of calls/emails to Manila and Baltimore....mostly Baltimore as they were the ones who had to fix Manila's error as Manila basically serves as a middleman in the application process with Baltimore being the final processing/approval office.

Regarding sending in original docs....that is, passport and marriage certificate or whatever asked for, when the wife applied she had to do the same thing since she was applying based on my earnings record (i.e., a spousal pension).  But you do "not" have to send in the "originals"....instead, you can send in certified/notarized copies which is what the wife did by getting the notarized copies at the U.S. Embassy-Bangkok (we live in Bangkok)...and there is no fee for this notarization since it deals with the application for federal benefits such as social security.   

So, for those folks applying who live kinda close to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Bangkok/Chiang Mai I would recommend sending notarized copies of whatever copies the SSA may ask for.   It varies from person-to-person as to what the SSA may ask for, but a naturalized U.S. citizen, a spouse applying based on the other spouse's earnings record/a spousal pension, etc., are likely to have to provide a certified/notarized copy of their Naturalization Certificate, U.S. passport, marriage certificate, etc.    You can send in the original if desired but sending certified/notarized copies satisfied the SSA and eliminated the possibility of the originals going MIA.

Anyway,  I'm sure your wife's application will be approved after getting thru the Manila FBU obstacle course.  Additionally, unless something has changed anytime a FBU sends a package to Baltimore (it's all done electronically) Baltimore has up to 60 days to just review the submission....kinda like sending someone an email but they have 60 days just to open/read it before taking further action.  And then if they need more info/docs then that process repeats. 

Yea, some SSA pension applications sail thru fast & smooth while others get caught in a Manila FBU hurricane.  

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

.  But you do "not" have to send in the "originals"....instead, you can send in certified/notarized copies which is what the wife did by getting the notarized copies at the U.S. Embassy-Bangkok

I knew that. But you need to make an appointment for notary services and the availability of appointments was later than the Manila FBU deadline to receive those documents. We had no choice but to send the originals. 

When I applied for initiation of my benefits that took only 5 weeks total

Edited by jeffandgop

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

On Dec 4, 2022, my wife applied to initiate her benefits.  The online application was received with a response that the process normally takes "2-4 weeks". The application was assigned to the Manila FBU within 24 hours.

2 weeks go by, then 4 weeks, then 8 weeks, then 10 weeks and not any response or action undertaken by the Manila FBU whatsoever. So we sent them an inquiry using their web portal on Feb 6. Another week goes by and then we get an email scheduling a telephone interview for the following week Feb 16.  At the appointed time on the appointed date she did not receive the expected call.  I tried to call them- this being a Thursday during their "telephone office hours", and no one answered.  I wrote them an email the very same day asking why they haven't called; and later that day they did call and completed the telephone interview.  However, they informed her that her US Passport and Marriage Certificate needed to be sent to the Manila FBU by Mar 16 to complete their processing. So their very next day, Friday Feb 17, we couriered the passport & marriage certificate which arrived at the Embassy on Tuesday Feb 21. We requested that when returning these to give us the courier info and tracking number.

On Wed Mar 1, the Manila FBU sent an email that our docs were "scheduled to be sent back" on Friday Mar 3.  The following week we received nothing- no documents, no tracking info.  I sent an email to the Manila FBU on Mar 10 asking for information on where their courier package was- no acknowledgement.  Again on Mar 13 I sent an email request and on Mar 14 Manila FBU answered "Upon checking, there has been a delay on mailing out of original documents. Your documents are still in our office and will be due for mailing out this week or next."  

"Upon checking" means no one was paying attention to return our documents as "scheduled" for Mar 3, and only our follow ups triggered their action to find that our documents had not been handled as promised. Their advice that our documents "will be due for mailing out this week or next" is not viewed by us as much of a commitment on their part.  I've emailed back that their performance has been unacceptable. The passport is a most critical document that needs to be in the hands of the owner and as soon as the SSA's business purpose was satisfied it should have been returned expeditiously. To wait possible 3 full weeks (or more) for its' return, after they were finished with it, is ridiculous.

So as of today it's been more than 16 weeks since my wife applied for her benefits and she still does not have her Benefits approval.

Manila FBU.  Seriously deficient in their performance and meeting their commitments.

(And I am still awaiting Manila's FBU answer to my inquiry I sent last December as to whether I was potentially having my benefit suspended even tho I have submitted the Form 7162 twice last year.)

If you received your March SSA payment, then you should be good to go as they said that payments would be suspended starting March this year instead of the usual February if they did not receive your 7162 form.

On 3/15/2023 at 12:34 PM, racyrick said:

If you received your March SSA payment, then you should be good to go as they said that payments would be suspended starting March this year instead of the usual February if they did not receive your 7162 form.

True, but the point I was making was their lack of effort to determine if I might be cut off and given a chance to remedy the problem before I was cutoff. Last year I I received the 7162 at my home in Thailand and as I was later in the U.S. I mailed it from a USPO back to Wilkes Barre in late August yet still got that 2nd Notice in Nov. I mailed that from Thailand to Wilkes Barre in Dec and tracked it to their receipt.  Without a reply to my inquiries asking if I was still at risk, this just leaves people like me twisting in the wind waiting for months to find out if your not going to receive your benefit or not. If they are making their big announcements to assist you AFTER you got cutoff, wouldn't it be better for them to assist you BEFORE it happens?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2023 at 8:05 AM, jeffandgop said:

UPDATE. 

Yesterday morning I sent this email message back to Manila FBU.

"The failure to attend to the timely return of our documents is not acceptable. But for our continuous follow up inquiring as to the whereabouts of my passport and marriage certificate who knows if they would ever be returned? These need to be sent by courier without any further delay AND I insist that your office monitor that these documents are sent AND we are provided all of the shipping details.  I don’t want to be in a position of having to send anymore emails asking where these are and not receiving any acknowledgement or information."

This morning they replied.

"Good morning,   Upon checking, there has been delays with mailing out of documents due to the volume received this last month.  Your documents were mailed back by our admin yesterday via UPS courier. The tracking number is 1Z 8X9 xxx-xx-xxxx 5983.   ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
We have transferred your application to our central office in Baltimore, MD for processing.  After going through a final quality review, applications are generally processed within 2 to 3 months.  Our central office will mail you an official notice once they finish processing your application. Please note that variations in international postal systems may delay the receipt of your notice. "

I assume the xxx in their email are to be replaced with the beneficiary's SSN.  I tried doing that with and without dashes and/or spaces....UPS did not recognize the tracking number......

Tips on dealing with the regional SSA office in Manila

I understand your frustration and discust dealing with the Manila SSA.GOV irresponsible brain dead people paid by

the under managed  USA Office of International SSA Operations. We have replied direct to a USA SSA.GOV agent

letter TEN YEARS AGO INTERCEPTED by Robert Jocson in

charge of Manila FBU SSA!! The documents we mailed was to

certify to USA Wells Fargo Bank manager our SSA number

before Wells Fargo Bank can  release our cash deposit money.  The &^@%*& FBU Manila never never forwarded never helped did nothing but created a total bloody mess

and we lost our Wells Fargo bank cash after Wells Fargo

declared never to talk to them never to enter their building

they simply closed abd trashed our bank book money to

a dead closed last USA PO Box ALL because Manila FBU

Robert Jocson in charge of SSA.GOV... 

That was TEN years ago and moving forward to 2016 we

was able to file for SSA benefits at with USA Embassy SSA forms under the request of Manila  FBU Robert Jocson SSA.GOV. The USA Embassy used diplomatic pouch certified

registered number delivery to Manila FBU Iveez Gomez and Robert Jocson who then claimed they never received documents.  We then mailed all certified documents to USA SSA.GOV International Operations Baltimore MD who then

remained dead silent never phoned never email...

We continued applications with the the stamps and delivery

from USA Embassy when USA Embassy declared 2018 they

no longer assist SSA.GOV you must go direct call FBU Manila!

We did call Manila FBU we did call Baltimorew SSA and complained bitterly where is our money why nobody replu

we lost 1,820 usd EVERY MONTH since 2016 and no responce!  

The most recent ^%$^( letter mailed from SSA.GOV was that

we must stop payments because we have received tour Thailand bank account applications account  address but we

need a home address so we must stop your payments!  In

this letter delivered to our Thailand home was a 2022 statement that SSA.GOV paid 20,354 USD and in red was

returned back to SSA.GOV because we have no Thailand address!!!

This B.S. from brain dead FBU employed people continues

from start of 2020 after the Thailand bank and several letters to Balitimore and FBU Manila continue to be ignored!

OK so SSA.GOV has not recorded our Thailand  address that was recorded and delivered by the Thailand bank and inside our Direct Deposit Form and inside several Embassy letters

and after deveral Baltimore phone calls all RE ROUTED TO

FBU MANILA

We give up SSA.GOV Benefits can not communivate with brain dead gross negligent monkeys paid by SSA.GOV they

no longer identify who they are where they work or even bother to answer USA citizens they do not care about USA

citizens at FBU Manila and SSA.GOV Baltimore only forwards

all information to FBU Manila monkeys who do not and shall

not help USA citizens with SSA.GOV benefits

Wish you the best of luck we are too old to continue with

issues the gross negligence and failure of fiduciary duties

of SSA.GOV FBU Manila....   In closing we have collected all

papers over TEN yerrs  applications verified by USA Embassy and mailed it to the USA Attorney General Fraud

Investigation and Deputy Directorr of SSA.GOV last year!!!!

You guessed it they all forwarded to the FBU Manila  Mafia

and nothing everr happen.... Ask your self how the hell can

we rewceive all the stop payments postal mail  and return

payment notifications postal mail over the years when the

brain dead SSA.GOV  monkeys do not have our Thailand address???

Have a nice day wish you the best hope you contact the USA Attorney General / and Dputy Director SSA.GOV to close down Manila FBU and GO ONLINE SSA.GOV

tamy

• 8 posts

We are trying this IDme as an addendum to try and setup

a SSA MY account from outside the USA. Manila FBU in the

past just repeated to sign up for My SSA but never never

understood that My SSA Login required a USA resident address and USA registered phone for SMS coded LOGIN

So for the people who can and have the patient ability please report back if this new discovered SSA login web

site can work from 3BB Thailand internet

Social Security Administration and ID.me

ID.me works with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify users requesting information online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and healthcare providers to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. This article explains how to verify your identity for SSA.

How to verify

Follow the steps below to verify your identity.

1. Sign in to SSA

To begin the verification process, first sign in to your SSA account:

1. Go to the Social Security login page.
    Social_Security_Sign_in_page.png
  2. Select Sign in with ID.me.
  3. Select Ok to be redirected to the ID.me Sign in page.

2. Sign in or create an ID.me account

If you have an ID.me account, sign in using your email address and password. Otherwise, create a new ID.me account. 

Note: Do not create more than one ID.me account. For more information, visit Can I have more than one ID.me account?

To create a new ID.me account:

1. Enter your email address and password, then select Create account.
  2. Confirm your email address. For more information, visit Confirming your email address.
  3. Set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) to further protect your account. For more information, visit Getting started with MFA.
    Tip: If you’re setting up MFA for the first time, make sure to save or download your recovery code to ensure you always have access to your ID.me account.
    Choose an MFA method.png

3. Verify your identity for SSA

You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for the SSA. To verify your identity using self-service:

1. Upload photos of your document. Acceptable documents include driver’s license, state ID, passport, passport card. You may need to upload the front and back of your documents.
  2. Take and submit a video selfie.
    Tip: If you're unable to take a video selfie, you’ll have the option to do a quick video call with a trusted referee. For more information, visit Best practices for taking a selfie.
    Select Continue.gif   Take a video selfie.gif
  3. Enter your Social Security Number if you are creating a new account.
  4. Review and confirm your information.
  5. Select Allow and continue to share your identity information with SSA.

If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call. 

After you verify

After you verify your ID.me account, you can log in to your Social Security account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.

About the verification process

ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.

In addition, ID.me has built rigorous security and privacy requirements into our technology. Learn more about ID.me’s Privacy Bill of Rights and how your information is protected.

Manage your ID.me account

After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.

Account settings

Multi-factor authentication

ID.me website works fine from Thailand....can even your your Thai mobile phone for 2FA.   No need to use a VPN U.S. IP connection.     I have an ID.me acct and have used it to access my SSA online acct one time as a test, IRS online acct frequently, and a couple other U.S. govt websites from my Bangkok home on AIS Fibre internest.   I've had a ID.me acct for around 18 months. 

Keep in mind that ID.me is really just a service that "verifies your identity" for any website like the SSA that uses ID.Me to verify a person's identity....AND MOST IMPORTANT, the Identity verification that ID.me uses  "is based on requirements established by the website you are trying to get verified for."   Some websites have strict requirements for identify verification; others less strict.   When I first signed up for ID.me I got myself verified for IRS online acct which once accomplished also automatically allowed me to access other U.S. govt website using ID.me like SSA, etc.  

Now I've had my SSA online acct for many years...maybe around 10 years... and I still use the UserName and Password login for those who created an acct before 18 Sep 2021 "as recommended by SSA" (other than the one test via ID.me I mentioned earlier I did to ensure the logon to my SSA acct via ID.me did indeed work). 

Yes, ID.me works from Thailand.   Keep in mind that ID.Me is just a "middle-man, logon portal" between you and the website you are trying to log onto.  Once that logon connection is made by using the the ID.me portal you are then directly connected to/transferred to the website you were trying to reach like the SSA Online acct, IRS online acct, etc. 

Edited by Pib

Pib

Sincerely thank you for your continuous time and dedicated

support information dealing inside a .beehive pyramid of

FBU Manila random SSA.GOV agents. At our old age we have

struggled now over 12 years, shuffled scattered around that

was started 2011 in order to reply to a Sally Lee from Orange

County California asking for original SSA.GOV documents.. 

We was retired and in Asia trying to get our money from Wells Fargo Bank who refused any delivery untill we sent them original SSA.GOV card. The world has changed and is changing every day creating more trouble for old people

unable to solve problems. Ironically before we left USA to

retie in Asia we signed several wire transffer forms in front

of a (japanese boy) Wells Fargo Bank manager and his (black American) assistant manager who both declared it

can wire transffer our money under 10,000 USD every month

to Asia. It worked for a while 12 years ago untill Wells Fargo

mailed to Asia our new credit cards and decided any further wire transffer can not be done until they receive our original SSA.GOV card!!!! 

So we contacted the USA Embassy who contacted the Manila FBU who demanded the Embassy verify certify

our passport identity. The FBU agent 12 years ago was

Robert Jocson and his name was on the Embassy delivered

forms we received a an email copy after several times over a year asking what the hell was going on nothing happen

from Manila FBU and Sally Lee Orange County informed us

bothing delivered nothing done no action Wells Fargo trashed our savings account to a dead unpaid PO Box after

a several months a year of fighting with Manila FBU. The

USA State Department was unable to assist we was left alone isolated and gave up our lost money recovery.

https://register.state.gov/contactus/completed

Apologize if this rambling is off SSA.GOV topic however we

did continue and up to today continue having trouble with Manila SSA.GOV FBU.  We applied very suspicious and cautious at the USA Embassy for only our SSA.GOV benefits

starting 2016 again intercepted by a Robert Jocson at manila FBU who demanded our entire name rank serial numbers passport bank account marriage court records

to be certified at the USA Embassy. Time of 2016 / 2017

The USA Embassy had pre printed SSA.GOV forms added

with Embassy seal stamp added to the SSA.GOV applivation

and even pffered to deliver, gave us a Embassy parcel pouch registered number sent traces to Robert Jocson and an Iveez Gomez at Manila FBU addess.... 

This situation of events was again repeated and additionally another package was mailed to SSA.GOV International because Manila FBU Robert Jocson, Iveez Gomez, Christina Cuevaz, have a list of 17 SSA.GOV agents involved in a disorganized scattered attempt to start our simple SSA.GOV benefit IDD deposit to our Thailand bank....

The SSA.GOV 800 number was called every week a new agent after on hold for 30-45 minutes nothing happen. The Thailand post office was used to mail a box containing a history of Embassy verified stamped records to Baltimore International Operations to the Deputy Director Of Social Security Admonistration to the USA State Department to the

Inspector General and we phoned and phoned listen to their

recorded messages but nothing ever happen it has been several years we give up.              

Inspector General stated they shall forward our information last year but nothing ever happen.. Today we are in receipt of several SSA.GOV letters and a 2022 SSA.GOV benefit statement declaring we stop payment we can not pay you we have returned 20,190.00 USD marked in RED because we have no  address for you on record?????

All the 12 years SSA.GOV postal mail and phone and some email was to our direct address and So why who is the brain dead monkey at FBU Manila who can not record can not remember and has trashed ignored destroyed our entire

financial applications over 12 years???

We shall be dead in Thailand soon and can not continue to

deal with a beehive of disorganized brain dead monkeys unable to assist think oustside their well paid office desk!

The story here is to wake up some of the USA citizens who

are having similar problems and not for the hand full of USA citizens who have pre established USA  resident connected mobile phone to SSA.GOV benefit payments,,,,,

The new recruited untrained children paid by SSA,GOV can not help solve problems outside their rubber stamp box

office and from dealing with 17 SSA.GOV agents all are alienated. isolated, seperated from each other have no

patient time to read TO REVIEW TO ANALYIZE the history

of a USA SSA.GOV citizen application outside the USA territory. There is no central top down managed problem

solution inside a beehive pyramid of scattered unknown

SSA.GOV agents who can only access a short limited segment of a SSA.GOV computer file history and ignore

any solutions can only comment what was stated on each phone call or each letter forwarded to the dust bin dark hole

The SSA.GOV need a central top down mangaed problem solution staff that is activated after a series of trouble with

SSA.GOV filing and this staff should be allowed to adjust

by communicating vibrfating the entire pyramid established beehive scattered SSA.GOV agents and agency contacts!

In our case we are struggling 12 years intercepted by Manila FBU and the USA State Dept Embassy declared no more deals wit SSA,GOV after 2017 they  also could not communicate but can stamp and verify USA citizen identity.

The Embassy can also offer diplomatic registered number puch tracking delivery but what happens after wards and who reads the mail who acts on the mail who trashes the mail at MANILA FBU SSA.GOV is the responsibility of the

mysterious Deputy Director Of International Social Security Administration known as temporary assigned Deputy

This is a lot of rambling and the only purpose is to went out some bitter discust with Manila FBU SSA.GOV staff training

there is no help and no way to solve SSA.GOV problems when unable to talk to in person with a USA agent and or being BLOCKED ACCESS to USA SSA.GOV personal records

because of National Security Fraud or what ever new USA BS created to preserve a job salary

What agin is factual that a USA citizen entering Thailand must have at least a SIX month Immigration Visa stamp

that require a registered Thailand home address from Thailand Immigration stamped form before a bank account

can be opened in Thailand. Then you must have the BANK MANAGER fill out and sign the SSA.GOV IDD FORM entering the bank manager name phone number address including the name bank account and personal SSA identification for the DIRECT DEPOSIT to be mailed to SSA.GOV International Office Baltimore MD....  Now there are here several steps

of security include a face to face bank account passport

identity that is and continue to be ignored by brain dead SSA.GOV paid security monkeys training. 

After all this noise I make my family has not received SSA.GOV benefits filed 2016 and lost Wells Fargo savings

cash deposit 12 years ago and nobody has no one can

do any problem solutions abobe offering so sorry sympathy

and good luck etc,,,,

Hope this helps some old folks wake up and perhaps deliver messages to the  USA Attorney General SSA fraud State Department the White house ???? 

Dear Pib in closing thank you for listening and helping all

of the older folks who are completely out of solutions and

just gave up

On 3/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, jeffandgop said:

UPDATE. 

Yesterday morning I sent this email message back to Manila FBU.

"The failure to attend to the timely return of our documents is not acceptable. But for our continuous follow up inquiring as to the whereabouts of my passport and marriage certificate who knows if they would ever be returned? These need to be sent by courier without any further delay AND I insist that your office monitor that these documents are sent AND we are provided all of the shipping details.  I don’t want to be in a position of having to send anymore emails asking where these are and not receiving any acknowledgement or information."

This morning they replied.

"Good morning,   Upon checking, there has been delays with mailing out of documents due to the volume received this last month.  Your documents were mailed back by our admin yesterday via UPS courier. The tracking number is 1Z 8X9 xxx-xx-xxxx 5983.   ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
We have transferred your application to our central office in Baltimore, MD for processing.  After going through a final quality review, applications are generally processed within 2 to 3 months.  Our central office will mail you an official notice once they finish processing your application. Please note that variations in international postal systems may delay the receipt of your notice. "

I assume the xxx in their email are to be replaced with the beneficiary's SSN.  I tried doing that with and without dashes and/or spaces....UPS did not recognize the tracking number......

UPDATE.

The SSA's UPS courier package arrived yesterday.  The xxx's in their email identifying the tracking number was no more than the SSA NOT providing a trackable number. Why on earth after my repeated requests to return our documents with a tracking number they would "mask" the number is ridiculous, incompetent, or was with purposeful intent....

I want to stress for those that do not want to send original docs but would send Embassy-notarized copies, be mindful that some embassies require appointments which availability may be AFTER the date the SSA specifies in their email to you requesting those documents......that will then require the originals to be sent.

After all this noise I make my family has not received SSA.GOV benefits filed 2016 and lost Wells Fargo savings

cash deposit 12 years ago and nobody has no one can

do any problem solutions abobe offering so sorry sympathy

and good luck etc,,,,

Hope this helps some old folks wake up and perhaps deliver messages to the  USA Attorney General SSA fraud State Department the White house ???? 

Send your information to these USA isolated departments and best wishes to receive

your SSA.GOV BENEFIT money intercepted at and by FBU manila Robert Jocson!

You as an American citizen, are due timely, accountable, SSA.GOV benefits,

filing for SSA.GOV benefits that rerouted intercepted delayed process at Manila FBU

outside USA territory because if you have no USA phone registered number and

no USA registered house address and no friends or family who volunteer to use

your SSA.GOV benefits under their USA registered address and phone number.

People then are forced to follow the Manila FBU instructions that was in the past

offered under USA Embassy Citizen Services but no longer after 2017!

The USA EMBASSY is not paid by the SSA.GOV beehive !!!!  USA Embassy

is not trained and can not process SSA.GOV benefits!

Up until 2018 the USA Embassy offered as a courtesy to deliver USD Treasury paper

checks to USA citizens.  2018 USA Embassy developed serious communication troubles.

postal diplomatic delivery troubles, email reply all directed with people in charge of Manila FBU paid by SSA.GOV!

Today USA citizens SSA.GOV applications that are not connected to a USA home

address and phone must be processed under the training and education and motivated or careless attention of Manila FBU SSA.GOV paid hired workers..

The last FBU manager told us why we bother HIS workers? Manila is trying to save

money and do not send or answer paper mail go online use the internet? We

explained there is no internet access because SSA.GOV monkeys demanded a credit card, credit bank verifications and a USA phone registratiopn and  a USA home address to verify....   SSA.GOV  USA citizen access was impossible outside the USA as a online internet SSAstart up! ...

USA citizens can file and mail IDD direct Thailand bank deposit forms, intercepted, delayed papers to Manila FBU under educated SSA trained hired civil labor...  

There are people listening and people with multiple SSA,GOV communication trouble!

It is a rumor that  SSA people ignore all replies for SIX months to USA citizens who are

outside the USA territory. We have had zero reply from SSA.GOV International Operations Baltimore Maryland and their phone recorded messages are huge waste of long distance phone bills. They do not care and argue that 60 million people call them every day!!!  BS BS there is only a hand full of USA citizens retired in Thailand

who need simple accurate, dependable, accountable,  conscientious well paid for fiduciary services under Manila FBU SSA.GOV workers

In closing THERE IS SOMEBODY LISTENING !!!! 

We declared we have given up after 12 years Manila FBU operations management failure, however all of a sudden we got a phone call yesterday.  We answered the

phone is this 3BB internet because we called 3BB earlier.... The man boy growled

no this is not 3BB and just hung up!!!  The phone number is +69 705 120 2370 6497

direct connection to a Manila FRBU brain dead SSA.GOV untrained monkey attitude!!

we made phone  connection to FBU MNAIL and was asked the reasons they called

12 years later because FBU Manila stop our benefit payment because they need our Thailand address????   We spelled out that we received several letters to our home

and that the speeling we repeated was the same as what was on their record and that the Bangkok Bank manager was extremely upset because the bank repeated to FBU Manila all account and address several times...  The agent appologized and said he will restart our SSA.GOV benefit deposit that was never deposited since 2016 2017 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023....  

This the reason old folks should contact the Whitehouse and the Attorney General SSA Fraud and the mysterious temporary Deputy  Director of SSA.GOV and this why we as old people gave up and do not beleive all the BS BS BS from Manila brain dead monkeys eductated by the SSA.GOV

These people use all excuses to protect their Manila pay checks and cover up the gross negligense bordering fraud at Manila FBU! The facts are clear that in order

to OPEN A THAILAND BANK account a passport retirement visa of at least six months

stamped and verified at Thailand Immigration with proof of a residence address and

phone is necessary. These security measures with a passport stamped visa and a

certified resident address with a phone number are the same as the USA SSA.GOV

online mySSA application verifies SSA.GOV identification but ignored by Manila FBU

brain dead SSA.GOV manager....   

We told the Manila FBU agent yesterday we gave up the SSA.GOV benefits money

a long time ago at our old age and blind vision there is not much we can do but

wait to die. The money was needed 2016 and we could have used the money over all the years wasted with brain dead irresponsible out of control SSA.GOV Manila FBU

operations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 8:37 AM, jeffandgop said:

UPDATE.

The SSA's UPS courier package arrived yesterday.  The xxx's in their email identifying the tracking number was no more than the SSA NOT providing a trackable number. Why on earth after my repeated requests to return our documents with a tracking number they would "mask" the number is ridiculous, incompetent, or was with purposeful intent....

I want to stress for those that do not want to send original docs but would send Embassy-notarized copies, be mindful that some embassies require appointments which availability may be AFTER the date the SSA specifies in their email to you requesting those documents......that will then require the originals to be sent.

FINAL UPDATE.  After applying a full 17 weeks ago, my wife finally received her benefit award notice....

• Thumbs Up 1

we was approved 2017 but bounced around six years from agent to agent then

to Baltimore then to ??? where the IDD depoisits are held and we are receiving

SSA.GOV statements that 20,700 USD was returned because ssa.gov ??? do

not have our Thailand home address that SSA.GOV use to deliver SSA mail since

2012 read the history and prepare wait another six months on your 17 weeks

before your wife receives a deposit...  The paper applications are dumped on

several desks and bounced around until it reaches the final rubber stamp desk

thgat is responsible for keyboard entry data to your Thailand bank, These desks

by SSA are scattered around Baltimore MD, PA,  etc operated by different agents

not related,,,,

We as the retired old people sit here poking computer key boards at our old age

and wonder why the &^%&^ SSA.GOV temporary  Deputy Director refuse to apply

streamline the benefits data base process.  We as retired old people have computer recorded numbers and should be processed accountable rapid proceedures instead

of a pyramid of beehives wrapped scattered toilet paper random SSA agents...

SSA.GOV agents are happy shuffling huge quantity of toilet paper applications that

are scanned inside a black hole bit bucket swamp  that the nest random agent shall

not waste time to read beyond the last entry...   

As pld people we are amazed at what artificial intelligence data processing could

replace 99% of the SSA.GOV scattered agents and pay the remaining 1% SSA.GOV

agents to focus on validating additional missing deleted application information

Artificial Intelligence software is a solution to this scattered out of control SSA.GOV

application identification USA citizen  retirement benefit process... !7 weeks to say

hello and then when do you get the money?

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/?utm_campaign=ocomm-retirement-digest&utm_content=march-2023-get-started&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Some offensive post with derogatory comments and excessive usage of ALL CAPS have been removed:

7. You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

Standards of Conduct

5. Do not post text with all capital letters or with over-sized fonts, all bold font, non-standard fonts, colored fonts or unusually large emojis. Do not use emojis or any other form of graphics in the title of your poll or topic.

Edited by metisdead

Decided I wanted to have some withholding tax deducted from my monthly SS benefit payment. Cannot be done online or by phone (my address on file is Thailand), so had to snail mail form W-4V. The choices on the form are rather odd at 7%, 10%, 12% or 22%. Decided on 10% and "snailed" to the SS Division at US Embassy in Manila. Had about half-a-month till next benefit date. No taxes were withheld from that next payment, but 10% was withheld from the ensuing payment the following month. ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 4:46 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Decided I wanted to have some withholding tax deducted from my monthly SS benefit payment.

Sounds like, after all the trouble you went through, that just having whatever additional tax you needed being done as an EFTPS estimated tax. Unless, of course, you don't have a US bank account to tap for this...

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Sounds like, after all the trouble you went through, that just having whatever additional tax you needed being done as an EFTPS estimated tax. Unless, of course, you don't have a US bank account to tap for this...

Used the electronic payment system to make first quarterly payment due in April, as a test. Worked perfecly. All options now open, but prefer being on autopilot and having withholding taken out of the monthly benefit, rather than making a payment every quarter. The less I gotta think about and do, the better.