Tips on dealing with the regional SSA office in Manila

JTXR

I'm at the age I need to start minimum distributions from IRAs, etc.  When I first started getting SS, someone there told me that (for reasons I never really understood at the time) my SS payment would be reduced once I started getting these distributions.  At that time I lived in the States.  Now, living in Thailand, I guess I have to deal with Manila.  Last year when I tried to call them, I only got put on endless hold.  Is it possible to deal with them by phone.  If I write, do they respond fairly quickly?  Or can I try to deal with the SSA office in my home state (where I still maintain a US address as "home of record.").  Thanks for any input.

Congrats on making it to the RMD years .????????????

I think the only reason your SSA payments would go down at this point is because you may decide to have federal tax withheld rather than face a lump sum payment and possible a penalty when filing your annual federal tax return.  I believe the SSA will not withhold tax unless you choose that option.

The rules for taxation of SSA are rather convoluted.  I use a free (donation requested by creator) downloadable Excel spreadsheet to do my tax planning.

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I think the only reason your SSA payments would go down at this point is because you may decide to have federal tax withheld rather than face a lump sum payment and possible a penalty when filing your annual federal tax return

Actually, the hiccup in my case is something called the Windfall Elimination Provision, which as I said I don't really understand well and, as you said, is one of those convoluted parts of SS. 

If my benefits are supposed to be reduced this year because of that provision but aren't automatically reduced by SSA, I'm worried they'll come back to me 5 or 10 years down the line wanting repayment plus interest.  Just wondered if I need to take it up with the Manila office, which hasn't been responsive in the past, or if I can try to take it up with SSA in the States.

I've been dealing extensively with the Federal Benefits Unit in Manila for more than 3 years, and I've found them to be very helpful via email. (I'm not an American, so there are some complexities in receiving SS benefits, particularly for dependent children).

Paul Laew

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JTXR said:

Actually, the hiccup in my case is something called the Windfall Elimination Provision, which as I said I don't really understand well and, as you said, is one of those convoluted parts of SS.

I understand the WEP (Windfall Elimination Provision) very well.  I read a lot of official SSA material when doing the financial plan for our retirement.  I came to the conclusion that since I am also receiving a pension from Canada, I would be affected by the WEP.  It turns out that I am NOT.

Unless you are receiving another pension you will NOT be affected by WEP.  RMD's are not a trigger for application of WEP to reduce your benefit.  RMD's are simply a withdrawal of your own funds from a tax advantaged account.  They are NOT a pension.

SSA has a simple and minimally intrusive web page that will calculate if your benefits will be affected by WEP.  That's where I learned why I'm not affected.

Go here: ==>  https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/planner/anyPiaWepjs04.html

Edited by gamb00ler
speling air

I didn't check the link I included

On 1/19/2023 at 9:41 PM, gamb00ler said:

I understand the WEP (Windfall Elimination Provision) very well.  I read a lot of official SSA material when doing the financial plan for our retirement.  I came to the conclusion that since I am also receiving a pension from Canada, I would be affected by the WEP.  It turns out that I am NOT.

Go here: ==>  https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/planner/anyPiaWepjs04.html

The link I gave is not the one I thought it was.  Here is a much better link to find out if your foreign pension will trigger the WEP reduction of your SSA pension.

https://www.ssa.gov/international/wep_disclaimer.html

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 8:08 PM, Paulaew said:

I've been dealing extensively with the Federal Benefits Unit in Manila for more than 3 years, and I've found them to be very helpful via email. (I'm not an American, so there are some complexities in receiving SS benefits, particularly for dependent children).

Paul Laew

I am having the opposite experience.  I will begin by saying when I applied for my benefits online in 2018, it took only 5 weeks to process and issue their notification of my Benefits Award Notice. The processing time including a telephone interview from the Philippines to my home in Thailand.

However.

On Dec 4, 2022, my wife applied to initiate her benefits.  The online application was received with a response that the process normally takes "2-4 weeks". The application was assigned to the Manila FBU within 24 hours.

2 weeks go by, then 4 weeks, then 8 weeks, then 10 weeks and not any response or action undertaken by the Manila FBU whatsoever. So we sent them an inquiry using their web portal on Feb 6. Another week goes by and then we get an email scheduling a telephone interview for the following week Feb 16.  At the appointed time on the appointed date she did not receive the expected call.  I tried to call them- this being a Thursday during their "telephone office hours", and no one answered.  I wrote them an email the very same day asking why they haven't called; and later that day they did call and completed the telephone interview.  However, they informed her that her US Passport and Marriage Certificate needed to be sent to the Manila FBU by Mar 16 to complete their processing. So their very next day, Friday Feb 17, we couriered the passport & marriage certificate which arrived at the Embassy on Tuesday Feb 21. We requested that when returning these to give us the courier info and tracking number.

On Wed Mar 1, the Manila FBU sent an email that our docs were "scheduled to be sent back" on Friday Mar 3.  The following week we received nothing- no documents, no tracking info.  I sent an email on Mar 10 asking for information on where the courier package was- no acknowledgement.  Again on Mar 13 I sent an email request and on Mar 14 Manila FBU answered "Upon checking, there has been a delay on mailing out of original documents. Your documents are still in our office and will be due for mailing out this week or next."  

"Upon checking" means no one was paying attention to return our documents as "scheduled" for Mar 3, and only our follow ups triggered their action to find that our documents had not been handled as promised. Their advice that our documents "will be due for mailing out this week or next" is not viewed by us as much of a commitment on their part.  I've emailed back that their performance has been unacceptable. The passport is a most critical document that needs to be in the hands of the owner and as soon as the SSA's business purpose was satisfied it should have been returned expeditiously. To wait possible 3 full weeks (or more) for its' return, after they were finished with it, is ridiculous.

So as of today it's been more than 16 weeks since my wife applied for her benefits and she still does not have her Benefits approval.

Manila FBU.  Not only not helpful, but seriously deficient in their performance and meeting their commitments.

(And I am still awaiting Manila's FBU answer to my inquiry I sent last December as to whether I was potentially having my benefit suspended even tho I have submitted the Form 7162 twice last year.)

Edited by jeffandgop

3 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Manila FBU.  Not only not helpful, but seriously deficient in their performance and meeting their commitments.

I couldn't agree more.

It's so bad that I've been trying to determine who in the State Dept. oversees the FBU's.  I wish to write them a letter detailing my experiences dealing with Manila.

One of the many SSA representatives on the national help line (800-772-1213) that I've asked for assistance tried to set up a phone appointment for Manila to call me.  Unfortunately, we got disconnected before that was completed.

Edited by gamb00ler

I understand your frustration and discust dealing with the Manila SSA.GOV irresponsible brain dead people paid by

the under managed  USA Office of International SSA Operations. We have replied direct to a USA SSA.GOV agent

letter TEN YEARS AGO INTERCEPTED by Robert Jocson in

charge of Manila FBU SSA!! The documents we mailed was to

certify to USA Wells Fargo Bank manager our SSA number

before Wells Fargo Bank can  release our cash deposit money.  The &^@%*& FBU Manila never never forwarded never helped did nothing but created a total bloody mess

and we lost our Wells Fargo bank cash after Wells Fargo

declared never to talk to them never to enter their building

they simply closed abd trashed our bank book money to

a dead closed last USA PO Box ALL because Manila FBU

Robert Jocson in charge of SSA.GOV... 

That was TEN years ago and moving forward to 2016 we

was able to file for SSA benefits at with USA Embassy SSA forms under the request of Manila  FBU Robert Jocson SSA.GOV. The USA Embassy used diplomatic pouch certified

registered number delivery to Manila FBU Iveez Gomez and Robert Jocson who then claimed they never received documents.  We then mailed all certified documents to USA SSA.GOV International Operations Baltimore MD who then

remained dead silent never phoned never email...

We continued applications with the the stamps and delivery

from USA Embassy when USA Embassy declared 2018 they

no longer assist SSA.GOV you must go direct call FBU Manila!

We did call Manila FBU we did call Baltimorew SSA and complained bitterly where is our money why nobody replu

we lost 1,820 usd EVERY MONTH since 2016 and no responce!  

The most recent ^%$^( letter mailed from SSA.GOV was that

we must stop payments because we have received tour Thailand bank account applications account  address but we

need a home address so we must stop your payments!  In

this letter delivered to our Thailand home was a 2022 statement that SSA.GOV paid 20,354 USD and in red was

returned back to SSA.GOV because we have no Thailand address!!!

This B.S. from brain dead FBU employed people continues

from start of 2020 after the Thailand bank and several letters to Balitimore and FBU Manila continue to be ignored!

OK so SSA.GOV has not recorded our Thailand  address that was recorded and delivered by the Thailand bank and inside our Direct Deposit Form and inside several Embassy letters

and after deveral Baltimore phone calls all RE ROUTED TO

FBU MANILA

We give up SSA.GOV Benefits can not communivate with brain dead gross negligent monkeys paid by SSA.GOV they

no longer identify who they are where they work or even bother to answer USA citizens they do not care about USA

citizens at FBU Manila and SSA.GOV Baltimore only forwards

all information to FBU Manila monkeys who do not and shall

not help USA citizens with SSA.GOV benefits

Wish you the best of luck we are too old to continue with

issues the gross negligence and failure of fiduciary duties

of SSA.GOV FBU Manila....   In closing we have collected all

papers over TEN yerrs  applications verified by USA Embassy and mailed it to the USA Attorney General Fraud

Investigation and Deputy Directorr of SSA.GOV last year!!!!

You guessed it they all forwarded to the FBU Manila  Mafia

and nothing everr happen.... Ask your self how the hell can

we rewceive all the stop payments postal mail  and return

payment notifications postal mail over the years when the

brain dead SSA.GOV  monkeys do not have our Thailand address???

Have a nice day wish you the best hope you contact the USA Attorney General / and Dputy Director SSA.GOV to close down Manila FBU and GO ONLINE SSA.GOV

We are trying this IDme as an addendum to try and setup

a SSA MY account from outside the USA. Manila FBU in the

past just repeated to sign up for My SSA but never never

understood that My SSA Login required a USA resident address and USA registered phone for SMS coded LOGIN

So for the people who can and have the patient ability please report back if this new discovered SSA login web

site can work from 3BB Thailand internet

• Like 1

@tamy

I can understand you're upset with SSA, especially the FBU Manila.

If you can, please write a timeline of your interactions with SSA Manila with just the facts.  Please proof read it a couple of times before hitting the Submit button.  It will be much easier to understand if you don't include all the anger.

• Like 1

Update:

On a recent call to the SSA hotline, the representative was trying to set up a phone appointment for me with the Manila FBU.  We were disconnected before she finished scheduling it.

Just now I received an SMS on my Google Voice number.  SSA had posted a message to mySSA inbox with the details of the phone appointment with FBU Manila.  April 3 @ 2:30.... they didn't say if it is Manila time or Thailand time.

20 hours ago, tamy said:

understood that My SSA Login required a USA resident address and USA registered phone for SMS coded LOGIN

So for the people who can and have the patient ability please report back if this new discovered SSA login web

Social Security Administration and ID.me

ID.me works with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify users requesting information online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and healthcare providers to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. This article explains how to verify your identity for SSA.

How to verify

Follow the steps below to verify your identity.

1. Sign in to SSA

To begin the verification process, first sign in to your SSA account:

1. Go to the Social Security login page.
    Social_Security_Sign_in_page.png
  2. Select Sign in with ID.me.
  3. Select Ok to be redirected to the ID.me Sign in page.

2. Sign in or create an ID.me account

If you have an ID.me account, sign in using your email address and password. Otherwise, create a new ID.me account. 

Note: Do not create more than one ID.me account. For more information, visit Can I have more than one ID.me account?

To create a new ID.me account:

1. Enter your email address and password, then select Create account.
  2. Confirm your email address. For more information, visit Confirming your email address.
  3. Set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) to further protect your account. For more information, visit Getting started with MFA.
    Tip: If you’re setting up MFA for the first time, make sure to save or download your recovery code to ensure you always have access to your ID.me account.
    Choose an MFA method.png

3. Verify your identity for SSA

You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for the SSA. To verify your identity using self-service:

1. Upload photos of your document. Acceptable documents include driver’s license, state ID, passport, passport card. You may need to upload the front and back of your documents.
  2. Take and submit a video selfie.
    Tip: If you're unable to take a video selfie, you’ll have the option to do a quick video call with a trusted referee. For more information, visit Best practices for taking a selfie.
    Select Continue.gif   Take a video selfie.gif
  3. Enter your Social Security Number if you are creating a new account.
  4. Review and confirm your information.
  5. Select Allow and continue to share your identity information with SSA.

If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call. 

After you verify

After you verify your ID.me account, you can log in to your Social Security account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.

About the verification process

ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.

In addition, ID.me has built rigorous security and privacy requirements into our technology. Learn more about ID.me’s Privacy Bill of Rights and how your information is protected.

Manage your ID.me account

After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.

Account settings

Multi-factor authentication

I have 3BB and use ID.me to log into both by IRS and SSA accounts from Thailand.    I connect to a US VPN number first.

I completed the verification process in Thailand, but it requires a US mobile phone number during the verification steps.  It would not accept my Google voice number, so I doubt any VOIP will work.  I had to schedule a video chat with ID.me to complete the process. 

I use Google Authenticator for the actual log in authentication, to avoid getting an SMS message.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tamy said:

Social Security Administration and ID.me

ID.me works with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify users requesting information online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and healthcare providers to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. This article explains how to verify your identity for SSA.

How to verify

Follow the steps below to verify your identity.

1. Sign in to SSA

To begin the verification process, first sign in to your SSA account:

1. Go to the Social Security login page.
    Social_Security_Sign_in_page.png
  2. Select Sign in with ID.me.
  3. Select Ok to be redirected to the ID.me Sign in page.

2. Sign in or create an ID.me account

If you have an ID.me account, sign in using your email address and password. Otherwise, create a new ID.me account. 

Note: Do not create more than one ID.me account. For more information, visit Can I have more than one ID.me account?

To create a new ID.me account:

1. Enter your email address and password, then select Create account.
  2. Confirm your email address. For more information, visit Confirming your email address.
  3. Set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) to further protect your account. For more information, visit Getting started with MFA.
    Tip: If you’re setting up MFA for the first time, make sure to save or download your recovery code to ensure you always have access to your ID.me account.
    Choose an MFA method.png

3. Verify your identity for SSA

You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for the SSA. To verify your identity using self-service:

1. Upload photos of your document. Acceptable documents include driver’s license, state ID, passport, passport card. You may need to upload the front and back of your documents.
  2. Take and submit a video selfie.
    Tip: If you're unable to take a video selfie, you’ll have the option to do a quick video call with a trusted referee. For more information, visit Best practices for taking a selfie.
    Select Continue.gif   Take a video selfie.gif
  3. Enter your Social Security Number if you are creating a new account.
  4. Review and confirm your information.
  5. Select Allow and continue to share your identity information with SSA.

If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call. 

After you verify

After you verify your ID.me account, you can log in to your Social Security account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.

About the verification process

ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.

In addition, ID.me has built rigorous security and privacy requirements into our technology. Learn more about ID.me’s Privacy Bill of Rights and how your information is protected.

Manage your ID.me account

After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.

Account settings

Multi-factor authentication

I did the entire process on my computer here in Thailand and used my Thai phone number and address.

The 6 digit verification code comes to my Thai phone number.

I did not use a VPN or a US Phone number.

If I remember correctly, when it came to fill in the phone number, it only would allow a US number so I just skipped that and went to the next question. I think it was at that point they said I need to be verified online by a video call and I could do it immediately and pressed the button.

Along with all the downloaded forms, on the video call, they asked to see my passport next to my face and clearly read the digital digits at the bottom.

She was not able to call my Thai phone, but no problem, sent info to my email and everything will be ok.

Like I said though, I do get my 6 digit code to log on directly to my Thai phone. The only way they will send the code to a foreign number is by text only.

Good luck

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Update:

On a recent call to the SSA hotline, the representative was trying to set up a phone appointment for me with the Manila FBU.  We were disconnected before she finished scheduling it.

Just now I received an SMS on my Google Voice number.  SSA had posted a message to mySSA inbox with the details of the phone appointment with FBU Manila.  April 3 @ 2:30.... they didn't say if it is Manila time or Thailand time.

When Manila FBU sent email to us for the phone appt they specified it as being Philippines time- most likely same for you.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tamy said:

racyrick

Thank you for MySSA sign up information from 3BB Thailand

For non technical retired older people please we ask you

elaborate step by step what is going on during your two

LOGIN sessions... 

1st the steps taken to get your USA government internet direct access ID on a DTAC / AIG etc Thailand mobile phone number service March 2023 inside Thailand

2nd please explain the equipment and sofware you used

for the instant video to get your USA government ID pass

and what other documents beside a USA passport was required for the video...

3rd AFTER ypu received your USA government ID pass what steps did you take to open a new SSA.GOV / MYSSA

internet. Did you already have MySSA from the USA or did

you can you setup from Thailand your MySSA account?

4th If you are able to connect from Thailand to MySSA

files in the USA can you please check if you can update

your USA SSA.GOV file for example 7161 dead or alive and

or benefit payment history, etc ? 

If you can send capture the  screen and print image to

show what can you do with MySSA.GOV direct internet access from Thailand in order to avoid Manila FBU delays

Thank you in advance

I am an oldie as well with no tech knowledge.

If I can do it, anybody can.

Just follow the steps and it will all be fine.

Just remember, when they ask for a phone number which only will allow US phone numbers, just leave it BLANK and GO to the next step. You will then be told your options.

Never had an my SSA account before.

Online account has no info for forms 7161 and 7162. Only done thru the mail.

The instant video was done thry the camera on my laptop. No special software is needed, just your computer camera and microphone.

Once you get approved, you can access BOTH SSA and IRS by using the ID.me to sign in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 12:31 AM, gamb00ler said:

Update:

From the dates of my own situation it appears these are roughly the current queue times:

Submitting online application to getting a phone appointment notification - approx. 13 weeks

(NOTE: That was with submitting 2 FBU inquiries and a couple emails. Unsure if doing those things had any sort of impact.)

Phone appointment notification to actual phone appointment - approx. 2 weeks

Maybe they are so understaffed or so there are many applications being filed they are much further behind then what they state (2-4 weeks). maybe it's time they update that information.

• Thumbs Up 1

The root of SSA.GOV customer service problem is at the top of the SSA.GOV beehive

pyramid temporary well paid Deputy Director. There is huge trouble training and the

education of government salary paid including IRS.GOV, SSA.GOV, FDIC, derivatives

of well funded financial instititutions. Only a top down approached analysis to solve

problem and manage solutions are offered at the highes level of government offices

and it is a waste of tome complaining  having no class action legal representations.

There are only three people herein reporting trouble with SSA.GOV Manila and that

is only a needle in haystack from the BS pyramid beehive haystack of Baltimore SSA,GOV International Operations protesting thst SSA.GOV is  answering and dealing with 60 million people every day..... We are retired old people and can type in this

forum also deliver the facts nothing but facts of our personal 12 year history with

SSA.GOV intercepted by FBU Manila.

Maybe FBU Manila operates under buget?  Not paid by SSA.GOV International? aybe e Manila manger explained they are trying to save money and refuse to email refuse to lick stamps refuse to answer phone or mail only by an appointment..

The African American girls answering with recorded messages we are sorry for the delay but we are dealing with 60 million people... maybe they do not want to answer phone calls....  What ever there is no excuse for any civil servant to ignore legal obligations delivered in a timely, accountable,  further more follow up satisfactory delivery of a USA citizen SSA.GOV application process..

Only three people here reported problems with FBU SSA.GOV Manila not the 60 Miliion

BS calls and so we learn to wait SIX months every time for a post card from the

SSA.GOV pyramid  beehive management. Why should they care it is not their

2.029 USD unpaid every month... but they are always demand to get paid and take

cafe breaks and have a nice one hour lunch before they go home on the streets of Baltimore Maryland...  

You want SSA.GOV service you must walk into a USA territory SSA.GOV office and

request a timely accountable process delivery with follow up SSA.GOV delivery

connections.

Best wishes this is a sad situation only three people complain SSA.GOV     

On 1/19/2023 at 7:49 PM, JTXR said:

he hiccup in my case is something called the Windfall Elimination Provision, which as I said I don't really understand well and, as you said, is one of those convoluted parts of SS. 

This does not make any sense. In any event, if you have to start taking distributions, the SSA is not going to help you, you need to a tax attorney. 

On 3/28/2023 at 11:29 AM, dingdongrb said:

Submitting online application to getting a phone appointment notification - approx. 13 weeks

11 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Not really.

You posted:

"So we sent them an inquiry using their web portal on Feb 6. Another week goes by and then we get an email scheduling a telephone interview for the following week Feb 16."

That was less than 10 business day after sending the FBU inquiry. For me more than 20 business days had passed and my first FBU inquiry wasn't responded to so I sent another one. Approx. 1 week after sending them the second one is when I finally got a reply.

Me: 2 inquiries and nearly 30 business days elapsed.

You: 1 inquiry and less than 10 business days elapsed.

....or did I miss something?

Yes. This is our similar experience. It took 12 weeks after submitting the online application to have the phone interview and only because after 10 weeks without any response our submittal thru their web portal got us that scheduled interview for 2 weeks later. Which they missed. The commonality is the significant length of time this process has been taking and the FBU in Manila has not been transparent on their responses and actions concerning my wife’s application. 
We are now at week 16 since applying and still waiting for SSA’s acceptance 

14 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

The commonality is the significant length of time this process has been taking and the FBU in Manila has not been transparent on their responses and actions concerning my wife’s application. 

We are now at week 16 since applying and still waiting for SSA’s acceptance 

Agreed.

Try sending another FBU inquiry. It took me two times before I got my email and in the second inquiry I referenced the first one. 

Not sure if anything helped but I 'followed' both the US Embassy in Manila and the Ambassador on Twitter and started sending both tweets.

Good luck and keep us posted.

10 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Not sure if anything helped but I 'followed' both the US Embassy in Manila and the Ambassador on Twitter and started sending both tweets.

I am dreading dealing with Manila.  I need to start getting retirement benefits on my own work record in a few months (age 70).  They messed up my application for ex-spousal benefits in 2021.  Their error delayed my benefits for several months. 

I sent them an inquiry on Mar. 1... only got the automated response indicating reception of my request.

I think I'll reactivate my Twitter account to take advantage of your strategy.

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Doubtful it helped.  The Manila SSA FBU just happens to be a federal agency located in the Embassy, but is not part of the Dept of State which embassies fall under.   The FBU is part of the Social Security Agency.    Now of course the FBU would have to follow certain rules set by the Embassy, but manpower, funding, and policy is set by the SSA; not the Embassy.

Edited by Pib

14 minutes ago, Pib said:

Doubtful it helped.  The Manila SSA FBU just happens to be a federal agency located in the Embassy, but is not part of the Dept of State which embassies fall under.   The FBU is part of the Social Security Agency.    Now of course the FBU would have to follow certain rules set by the Embassy, but manpower, funding, and policy is set by the SSA; not the Embassy.

NO ONE CARES

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

I understand that, but I don't see how it could hurt. Make noise, and it gets attention, right?

('The squeaky wheel gets the grease')

My next step was to take my story to news agencies.

How many US citizens do you think are retired, living in SE Asia, drawing SS or are about to, and supposedly supported at the embassy in Manila? .......and they only have a 6 hr. window weekly to call in..... and cannot make a connection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

To further add, exactly what do you think the responsibility of a US Ambassador is?

This might help:

"Reshaping the mission to serve American interests and values and to ensure that all executive branch agencies attached to the mission do likewise; and. Serving Americans with professional excellence, the highest standards of ethical conduct, and diplomatic discretion."

More info/details regarding Dept of State Federal Benefit Unit (FBU) responsibilities/operations/management/funding/manpower/etc., can be found at:

7 FAM 590 MANAGING A FEDERAL BENEFITS UNIT (FBU)

7 FAM 510 INTRODUCTION

7 FAM 530 SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION

• 4 weeks later...

How many US citizens do you think are retired, living in SE Asia, drawing SS or are about to, and supposedly supported at the embassy in Manila? .......and they only have a 6 hr. window weekly to call in..... and cannot make a connection.    quoted from above SSA.GOV FBU MANILA

We have given up dealing with the brain dead irresponsible children out of control untrained hired and paid by SSA.GOV at FBU Manila.

Out family story is tweleve years old recorded herein addressing FBU

SSA.GOV gross negligence of fiduciary duties open to all older retired

isolated USA citizens living inside Thailand. It is our last remaining intention to help those older retired USA citizens stuck and forced to communicate with untrained not supervised children hiored as civil servants by a GHOST a temporay out of control Deputy Director of SSA International Operations Baltimore Maryland...

Out last update was a un named bot identified boy from Manila FBU

over a month ago who has apologized and claimed to re activate our

12 year SSA benefit IDD deposit to Thailand.  We told FBU Manila boy

agent we do not beleive any of his B S phone call after he verified that

our Thailand address  and bank address and phone number was the

same that was filed. 

To update this B S from Manila FBU we received a letter from SSA baltimore that THEY WILL PAY 19,128 USD APRIL 7 and also 1.696 USD

April 3 to our Bangkok Bank account... Guess what it was NEVER SENT

IT WAS NEVER DELIVERED0 only the letter from Baltimore Office Of Central Operations was received at our home today traveling several weeks having NO REPLY BACK TO CONTACT only the old *(&^(*& 800 phone number and  one more SSA 561-U2 request for appeal form that

shall be must be intercepted and delayed weeks again at and  by Manila FBU civil servants paid by a ghost Baltimore International Operations management... 

This is how brain dead SSA,GOV employed agents secure and insure

they pay checks by never follow up never help just do not give a damn

about solving SSA problems for older retired USA citizens living outside the USA in Thailand... We did give up and hope our reports are of use

to other older Thailand isolated and Thailand retired USA citizens. Best wishes to all we hope to update any solutions beyond write to your

Attorney General in charge of DDA.GOV and the USA State Department Operations Management the USA Preisent Office etc etc

it is a fact that USA  Office Of International Central  Operations. P.O. BOX  17769 Baltimore, Maryland  21235 - 7769 U.S.A.   March letter

BNC#23T224A98213=A is another gross negligent letter inside the SSA.GOV beehive scattered  dark hole filed bit bucket lost forever!

SSA.GOV USA application forms can be downloaded direct from:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/index.html

we as old retired disabled citizens congratulate your GOOD LUCK dealing with SSA FBU MANILA.. in order to help and assist retired older USA citizens please be kind enough to write details of what and how

did you accomplish the International Deposit of your SSA.GOV money

filed isolated and living from Thailand visa retired USA citizen.  We assume you have received your money but wonder how many months what time it all took from start to finish?  In the past it took  SIX months to get a postal mail delivery from Baltimore and even longer

if mail was intercepted by FBU Manila,, Please share your good luck story... Thank you in advance and bless you.