can I withdraw any funds throughout the year?

A quick query. Is it allowed to withdraw any money during the year from the 800,000 baht deposited for the retirement visa.?

I read you can't withdraw within 3 months after getting the visa and the funds must be complete at least 2 months before renewal but in the months between are we allowed to withdraw any of the funds?

Depends on which Imm office used.  Udon Thani & Hua Hin, I withdrew all as soon as extension approved.  That doing the lump sum, seasoned for 2 months prior to ext.  That was 20 years on, most current 2019/20 ext @ HH.  

If doing DD + savings, the HH Imm requires you to leave 400k in all year, IF, doing DD + saving combo.  Which for me was silly, as married, and can do 400k DD and use all as needed, or savings & withdraw, doing marriage ext. So if lump sum, married, take out all after approved.  

Now I'm on DD (2021/22), so maintaining a balance is irrelevant.  Marriage ext now, to be change to Ret in Nov this year, I think.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for the quick and helpful replies. 

One more question, I would be lending my daughter

50,000 baht from the 800,000, she's Thai so would be paying me back in Thailand. As the 800,000 baht is supposed to come from abroad, could it be a problem that I topped up the funds from a Thai bank?

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

Thank you all for the quick and helpful replies. 

One more question, I would be lending my daughter

50,000 baht from the 800,000, she's Thai so would be paying me back in Thailand. As the 800,000 baht is supposed to come from abroad, could it be a problem that I topped up the funds from a Thai bank?

once on extensions only the balance matters, the money can come from anywhere

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Depends on which Imm office used.  Udon Thani & Hua Hin, I withdrew all as soon as extension approved.  That doing the lump sum, seasoned for 2 months prior to ext.  That was 20 years on, most current 2019/20 ext @ HH.  

If doing DD + savings, the HH Imm requires you to leave 400k in all year, IF, doing DD + saving combo.  Which for me was silly, as married, and can do 400k DD and use all as needed, or savings & withdraw, doing marriage ext. So if lump sum, married, take out all after approved.  

Now I'm on DD (2021/22), so maintaining a balance is irrelevant.  Marriage ext now, to be change to Ret in Nov this year, I think.

He is on a retirement extension not a marriage one