Mickey Mouse

The new insurance requirements require $100,000 or 3.5 million baht of medical insurance that includes covid 19 insurance effective September 1st.

To change to a non-o visa you would have to leave and re-enter the country with a non-o visa or visa exempt and apply for it at immigration.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Thanks. I was unaware of change from 400K/40K plus covid requirement.

Any embassies/consulates in nearby countries offering NONIMM O visa?

The embassy in Vientiane and the official consulate in Savannakhet will issue a non-o visa for retirement.

You could also leave and re-enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and the apply for the non-o visa at immigration. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

If you have a re-entry permit you would have to wait until the day it expires to leave and re-enter the country,

19 minutes ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Thanks. I was unaware of change from 400K/40K plus covid requirement.

Any embassies/consulates in nearby countries offering NONIMM O visa?

Did you read my post.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, ubonjoe said:

The embassy in Vientiane and the official consulate in Savannakhet will issue a non-o visa for retirement.

You could also leave and re-enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and the apply for the non-o visa at immigration. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

If you have a re-entry permit you would have to wait until the day it expires to leave and re-enter the country,

On 8/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

The new insurance requirements require $100,000 or 3.5 million baht of medical insurance that includes covid 19 insurance effective September 1st.

Any info on what "Sept 1st" implies? My extension expires Sept 12th, and I plan to apply for renewal in August, i.e., before Sept 1st. My LMG agent here in Chiang Mai wants to renew my LMG OA policy under the old terms, namely 40/400. However, he's new, as the veteran agent just quit, and he doesn't seem to have a clue about the new 3.5M policy requirement.

I guess I'll talk to a visa agent about what they know. But just wondered if you might know anymore about what I'd find if I show up at Imm, in August, with a 40/400 policy..... Doesn't Immigration have to publish something legalese to solidify this new requirement?

On 8/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

3.2 Royal Thai Police and Immigration Bureau
1) Decree of Royal Thai Police No. 548/2562 dated 27 September B.E. 2562 (2019)
Re: the amendment to criteria and conditions of the consideration for non-Thai
nationals who request for the temporary stay in Thailand
2) Decree of Immigration Bureau No. 300/2562 dated 27 September B.E. 2562 Re:
the amendment to the notary of the consideration for non-Thai nationals who
request for the temporary stay in Thailand
3) (Draft) Decree of Royal Thai Police Re: the amendment to criteria and conditions
of the consideration for non-Thai nationals who request for the temporary stay in
Thailand
4) (Draft) Decree of Immigration Bureau Re: the amendment to the notary of the
consideration for non-Thai nationals who request for the temporary stay in
Thailand
**Noted: The extension indicated in (draft) decrees in 3.2 item 3) and 4) will take effect on
1 October 2022. Currently, non-Thai nationals who intended to extend the visa shall follow
the criteria prescribed in 2019.

This sounds to me (3.2 (3)) and the "noted" section that all this new 3.5M baht coverage requirement won't take effect until Oct 1, 2022

7 minutes ago, JimGant said:

This sounds to me (3.2 (3)) and the "noted" section that all this new 3.5M baht coverage requirement won't take effect until Oct 1, 2022

That immigration order is when they started the insurance requirements.

The new insurance requirements OA visas started on October 1st of 2021.

For renewals (extensions of stay) it starts on September 1st of this year.

See: https://longstay.tgia.org/guidelineoa

On 8/15/2022 at 3:00 PM, ubonjoe said:

For renewals (extensions of stay) it starts on September 1st of this year.

What, then, does this mean:

**Noted: The extension indicated in (draft) decrees in 3.2 item 3) and 4) will take effect on 1 October 2022. Currently, non-Thai nationals who intended to extend the visa shall follow the criteria prescribed in 2019.

These are Royal Thai Police and Immigration Bureau draft decrees -- I guess the ones we've been waiting to be finalized to implement the new 3.5M baht requirement. And, according to this, they'll be finalized Oct 1, 2022. In the meantime, visa extensions will be in accordance with "criteria prescribed in 2019," which is the 40/400 baht criteria.

I guess this is why LMG's renewal of my OA policy, which begins Sept 12, 2022, is still under the "2019 criteria", namely 40/400 (or, as you can see by the attachment, 440, to include Covid). Come Oct 1, 2022, current guidance, per the above, will see the 3.5M come into effect.

llll.jpg