Thailand has strong fire-safety laws, so why do deadly nightclub blazes keep happening?

webfact

13 hours ago, NobbyClarke said:

As a Police Chief once said to me" Thailand not ask you come here, you pay come here, you can pay come and go anytime you want. You not like GO"

No truer words ever said.

Can't decide who's more stupid.

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

And if it your son or daughter, nephew or niece who has 75% or more burns to their body, will you still say,

not your business, not your worry, going off topic.

I can't associate the voluntary wearing of face masks on motorcycles with the topic,  deadly nightclub blazes. You have gone off track. 

16 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm…. Maybe it’s because no one in Thailand gives a  sh*t ?

True that. The local belief in reincarnation, and the overriding greed for money, engender the "Oh well, we can always breed another one" attitude. Human Lives Don't Matter.

Unfortunately for the victim's it's the old endemic corruption from top to bottom that ruins ordinary citizens lives here in the hub of no law enforcement because of the bribe.

Total incompetence from the authorities as we are regrettably used too on a daily basis.

I would imagine the problem is that there are not enough inspectors employed by the government to go around checking that these buildings are following all the regulations in health and safety I sometimes ask myself does Thailand understand the meaning of health and safety I think not .