Download connection is very bad

billd766

Try just simply resetting your network settings, there could be a simple conflict between your VPN and your browser. You will however have to reinstall your VPN.

I had a similar issue with my windows 10 genuine software and I had to go to the Microsoft website to update manually and it took about 3 hrs.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Actually at this point I have changed nothing. You have neither helped not not helped as I am taking in all the advice before I do anything.

Why don't you contact Windows/ Microsoft help, Google them. They are more knowledgeable than people on this forum.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Edited by elfpattaya
Added extra link
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Do you really need Windows in any form? I have been downloading with MX Linux for years, never a problem.

As a basic user, I can't decide which I prefer myself, MX or Mint. From experience, the only times I have had problems with virus and a keylogger has been when using Microsoft Windows.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, elfpattaya said:

Why don't you contact Windows/ Microsoft help, Google them. They are more knowledgeable than people on this forum.

Hehe, in all the years of using MS products, their online help and agents have never solved anything.

Always in the user community who had similar problems were able to offer proper solutions.

But the best and easiest would be to just reinstall windows from scratch (that will solve all the problems and updates) and of course we all know it does not need big knowledge to do that.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

To use WiFI you still need a cable (optic or otherwise) coming into your router from your ISP (3BB)

I'm under the impression that the router is working and sending WiFi signals.  Its just the cable from the router to the computer that isn't responding. 

Below is my True router and our entire house and property has Linksys mesh network so speeds are high everywhere.

Hopefully he's got things fixed by 3BB by now. 

I'd be lost without internet. 

20220814_151356.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

DezLez seems to laugh at everything I suggest, or tell I have had success with. 

Don't worry about it. He has a habit of getting things wrong and then abusing people to add insult to injury.

Here, he is wrong again.

What he didn't know, before embarrassing himself, is that Microsoft themselves provided the workaround.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e

So relax and sit back, you were right and he was wrong...again ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DezLez said:

He will get security updates but unlikely to get any major system updates without doing a re-install.  Been there and tried it!

You are the one misleading people on this thread. The best advice so far is from elfpattaya. It can fixed in other ways, but there is no way I would try to talk the OP through them.  I've dealt with him before, so I know.

He's had this problem for more than a year now.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1212424-windows-10-software-updater

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

Thank you for your advice.

At the moment I am trying to update my drivers. There are 24 of 613 that need updating.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

You are the one misleading people on this thread. The best advice so far is from elfpattaya. It can fixed in other ways, but there is no way I would try to talk the OP through them.  I've dealt with him before, so I know.

He's had this problem for more than a year now.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1212424-windows-10-software-updater

Actually he, if you are talking about me, has not had this problem before. I probably did talk about upgrading to Win 11 a year ago but I didn't bother then, and it is only a thought now.

If you had bothered to read my posts on THIS thread you will see that I am asking for help with a completely different problem.

Thank you for the link as it is useful to me to look back and see whose advice I took, whose advice I didn't take and whose advice I ignored.

1 hour ago, elfpattaya said:

It looks as if the OP has been trolling us.

If that is what you wish to believe then please do so.

I have ignored the advice of Bruno 123 so please do not get upset if I ignore your advice as well.

After all Bruno knows me so well, or so he thinks.

I came to this thread hoping to get some help and advice. Perhaps I was wrong.

BTW if you believe that I am trolling please feel free to report me to the moderators, not forgetting to add Bruno123 as you believe him too.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hansombeast said:

Try just simply resetting your network settings, there could be a simple conflict between your VPN and your browser. You will however have to reinstall your VPN.

I had a similar issue with my windows 10 genuine software and I had to go to the Microsoft website to update manually and it took about 3 hrs.

Thank you for your helpful and useful advice. A nice change from some.

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Actually he, if you are talking about me, has not had this problem before. I probably did talk about upgrading to Win 11 a year ago but I didn't bother then, and it is only a thought now.

If you had bothered to read my posts on THIS thread you will see that I am asking for help with a completely different problem.

Thank you for the link as it is useful to me to look back and see whose advice I took, whose advice I didn't take and whose advice I ignored.

You had exactly this problem before; you just didn't understand it and now you are noting the effect more than a year later.

I think a few more people will take note of your behaviour now.

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for your helpful and useful advice. A nice change from some.

But still doesn't solve your Microsoft Update problem and the Error Code you are receiving.

Either way....I'll stay out of it. No need to reply to me. I've given you some pointers and I advise others to take note.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So why are you responding to my posts?

I was responding to another poster. But if you want to engage in conversation with me, I don't have a problem with that. But I won't get involved in your current issue, as I've experience with your behaviour and I didn't like it.

Good luck.

I ran more speed tests this morning after physically disconnecting my lan cable. With the vpn selected or not it made no difference.

There was a very small improvement but nowhere the speeds I should be getting.

I have tried downloading a new set of drivers from 2 different sites and while they reported 24 drivers from 613 need updating, unless I paid them they would not update the drivers.

It is Tuesday afternoon and as I will be up in Kamphaeng Phet anyway on Thursday I will drop the pc off at the shop I bought it from and let them sort it out.

Thank you to all of you who gave helpful advice, and to the poster who called me a troll, thank you for nothing.

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I ran more speed tests this morning after physically disconnecting my lan cable. With the vpn selected or not it made no difference.

There was a very small improvement but nowhere the speeds I should be getting.

I have tried downloading a new set of drivers from 2 different sites and while they reported 24 drivers from 613 need updating, unless I paid them they would not update the drivers.

It is Tuesday afternoon and as I will be up in Kamphaeng Phet anyway on Thursday I will drop the pc off at the shop I bought it from and let them sort it out.

Thank you to all of you who gave helpful advice, and to the poster who called me a troll, thank you for nothing.

elfpattaya gave you good advice. You, as usual, rudely chose to ignore it, as you did mine more than a year ago.

If the other people who tried to help you were aware of the fact that your device has not had a update since September 2020(according to you), they might have saved wasting their time looking for other solutions. Some would consider that Trolling them.

You of course, see it in your own special way.

Hopefully the shop will fix your corrupt install of Windows 10 and you can go back to your blissful existence.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I followed the advice of one poster and eventually took my pc to the shop I bought it from and gave them hard and soft copies of the work I wanted done.

After a couple of hours  I went back and they had cured my Windows update problem, expanded my C drive and fixed a few other little problems as well. 

Sadly they have not fixed my ethernet download problem though the upload is excellent.

The cost of the work done (including the techie bringing my pc into the shop and then putting it back in my truck), FREE.

Thank you Advice computers Kamphaeng Phet.

Thank you to all of the posters who sent in useful suggestions, and no thanks at all to the poster who suggested that I was a troll. He supposedly tried to help me a year or so ago, but he was so arrogant and ignorant, that after 3 tries of doing things (exactly) his way I gave up and ignored his advice.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 3:24 PM, MrJ2U said:

I'm under the impression that the router is working and sending WiFi signals.  Its just the cable from the router to the computer that isn't responding. 

Below is my True router and our entire house and property has Linksys mesh network so speeds are high everywhere.

Hopefully he's got things fixed by 3BB by now. 

I'd be lost without internet. 

20220814_151356.jpg

Unfortunately there was not much difference between my lan cable, 3BB lan cable and a new cat 5e cable I bought.

Both my previous lan cable and the 3BB cable worked on the 3BB laptop but neither worked on my pc. The new cat 5e cable I bought gave a small improvement yet the 25 metre cable to my son's pc is perfect, except when I plug my lan cable into his slot on the 3BB router.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

25 metre cable

Why aren't you using Wifi.

I'm just curious?  

If its a large area "mesh networks" are very good and can provide good speeds in every corner of your property.  A bit pricey but you can throw those cables away. 

"Mesh Wi-Fi vs Traditional Routers: Which is better?"

Dominic Bayley and Fergus Halliday (PC World) on 22 July, 2022 11:55

https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/659354/mesh-wi-fi-vs-traditional-routers-which-better/

Screenshot_20220824-201012_Lazada.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

OP seems a bit confused. It was actually elfpattaya who called him a Troll and elfpattaya who suggested that he fix the problem by fixing the Windows install.

Exactly the same thing that was suggested by posters more than a year ago and clearly exactly the same thing that he refused to do this time too.

He was adamant that he followed the instructions exactly but when asked, flatly refused to confirm the steps. It's all memorialised. 

Of course we all understood why it didn't work. He did not understand how to boot from a USB Flash drive, so instead kept trying to run the install from the drive and so could not find the option to delete the old partitions. Absolutely refused to believe it was anything that he was doing and roundly abused anyone who suggested that it was his mistake, that there was nothing wrong with the process itself.

Here he is doing the same thing again. Abusing the people that helped him the most.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

The new cat 5e cable I bought gave a small improvement yet the 25 metre cable to my son's pc is perfect, except when I plug my lan cable into his slot on the 3BB router.

Another thing to try is to try, ever so gently, to clean the slot in your pc where you put in the LAN cable. Maybe it has gotten dirty inside over time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

On Thursday I took my pc back to the shop so that they could upgrade Windows 10 and hopefully fix my download problem. It cost me 300 thb for the work, about 350 thb in diesel and 2 hours travelling.

They duly upgraded Win 10 and carefully managed to wipe out my Opera browser with all its book marks as well as a few other programs that I use at times.

Not a problem I thought when I fired it up back at home, I can re-download Opera and Chrome has all my bookmarks. That was not quite correct as they replaced Chrome with an updated version as well with no bookmarks.

I have managed to remember a lot of the bookmarks, banks, emails etc and the good thing is that I now have a lot of room on my bookmarks toolbar. It took a while to remember just how to open the bookmark toolbar, and longer still to load replacement bookmarks .

Now I am more or less back to normal.

As for my download problem? I still have it, even after all that work.

The lesson I have learned is not to buy another AllInOne pc and to make sure that the ethernet connection is 10:100:1000Mb at least.

Thank you to all of you who sent suggestions.

On 8/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, billd766 said:

It isn't an old laptop, but a 2/3year old Acer All In One desktop.

That could be the problem.

Is this what you are talking about?

Sadly for some reason I cannot do a copy/paste from the page, nor can I even print the page.

Name                                Ethernet 10

Description                       Realtek PCle GbE family Controller #7

Physical Address (MAC)  98:ee:cb:b8:f6:64

Status                               Operational

Maximum transmission   1492

unit  

Link speed (Receive/      100/100 Mbps

Transmit)

It looks as though after doing a Google search this may need upgrading to a 10/100/1000 Mbps module.

The search also threw up this but I think it would come between the 3BB router and the desktop itself.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/fiber-ethernet-media-convertersingle-mode-10100base-tx-to-100base-fx-rj45-to-sc-fiber-transceiver-up-to-25km1-pair-i3921509895-s15088607168.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:17724336665!!!!!c!!15088607168!550678207&gclid=Cj0KCQjwl92XBhC7ARIsAHLl9anB08F7VbinPebTLZRPkM3t-Z9l5u-J3ktjaw1gJds40jGHTfz0X3waAlpHEALw_wcB

There were some lower end laptops and AIO PCs of several brands that installed 100 mbps network cards in them for a couple of years to cut cost and recognise most used Wifi anyway and wouldn't notice. But Your your network card does seem to be of Gigabit variety already, from name. Now if you wanted to test external one, do NOT buy anything that comes with USB-A (you know the big USB plug), but only USB-C, provided your computer has USB-C socket. Most of USB-A only work in 100 mbps speed.

Alternatively, you could try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for network card. It's of course handy if you can connect with Wifi while you're removing Ethernet adapter drivers, to have ability to download the new ones.

Let us know how it goes and what comes out of it.

• Thanks 2