Download connection is very bad

billd766

Is the pc using windows network card drivers or the pc manufacturer latest drivers?

Try updating the driver or reverting back to a properly older working version (driver updates aren't always a better option for some pc's)

Is the lan card from realtek or intel? this can be checked in device manager. Find the latest drivers on realtek or intel sites to download and install them to try.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DezLez said:

He does not need to spend any money upgrading as he has a legit copy of 10 installed

!

Unless you have some strong desire for WIN11 there is no real reason to upgrade especially on a non conforming rig.  The Health checker will determine that.

Better to solve the present set up before shooting off in a new unnecessary direction.

3 hours ago, DezLez said:

He does not need to spend any money upgrading as he has a legit copy of 10 installed

!

Unless you have some strong desire for WIN11 there is no real reason to upgrade especially on a non conforming rig.  The Health checker will determine that.

Better to solve the present set up before shooting off in a new unnecessary direction.

He asked about Windows 11 upgrade and missing drivers. 

Try to read the entire posts and stay on subject.

All new drivers will be installed with Windows 11.

Windows 11 has many great security enhancements. 

Upgrading is not only smart but recommended. 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

I had a similar problem with windows 10 last year where it's license expired and I would not update at all. Couldn't really get past the error messages but that code looks familiar. I had to down load the updates from Microsoft website manually and it took a good 3 hrs but it did solve the updating and issues accordingly

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I've heard the same thing.

They we're very stringent hardware and software requirements about 7 months ago.

Supposedly it's easier now. 

As I understand it Win 10 and Win 11 need 64 bit to work properly. 32 bit is not so good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, petermik said:

Avoid Win 11 stay with 10.

"If you want the latest productivity improvements, Windows 11 is for you"

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-11-vs-windows-10/#:~:text=If you're looking at,the left if you want.

Windows 10 or even Windows 95 is fine if your just emailing and perusing news articles.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

As I understand it Win 10 and Win 11 need 64 bit to work properly. 32 bit is not so good.

Right.

Things change so fast!

I rarely use my laptop.  My Galaxy S22 can do anything my laptop can or could do. 

"Windows 11 is available only as a 64-bit OS for 64-bit CPUs (32-bit Windows apps will continue to be supported, however)."

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-11-faq-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Screenshot_20220813-233331_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220813-233400_Lazada.jpg

I have just done that and I get the same message as before.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. It will NOT update which is part of the original problem.

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Is the pc using windows network card drivers or the pc manufacturer latest drivers?

Try updating the driver or reverting back to a properly older working version (driver updates aren't always a better option for some pc's)

Is the lan card from realtek or intel? this can be checked in device manager. Find the latest drivers on realtek or intel sites to download and install them to try.

It is an Acer All In One pc and slim like a laptop with a built on screen. It is not the same as a tower desktop.

As such it needs to be partly dismantled to look/get inside it. That is not in my skillset anymore.

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Hopefully they checked that.

Smart idea though.

It is not the lan cable as I said in an early post. Both the 3BB tech and I swapped out the Lan cables on his laptop which was OK and on my AIO which was not OK. 

It appears to be down to my pc at fault.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roger That said:

Is it connected directly to the router or is something else in between?

In the interest of helping with the original problem and now we have narrowed it down, it would be good to get an answer to this. If indeed it is connected directly to the router, which router is it?

1 hour ago, hansombeast said:

I had a similar problem with windows 10 last year where it's license expired and I would not update at all. Couldn't really get past the error messages but that code looks familiar. I had to down load the updates from Microsoft website manually and it took a good 3 hrs but it did solve the updating and issues accordingly

Thank you for that information.

That has triggered my memory to the pc being 3 years old. I bought it in July and it is now August. I wonder if that is why I cannot update it. 

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-how-long-does-a-windows-10-license-remain/6bfbfc1e

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have just done that and I get the same message as before.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. It will NOT update which is part of the original problem.

It is an Acer All In One pc and slim like a laptop with a built on screen. It is not the same as a tower desktop.

As such it needs to be partly dismantled to look/get inside it. That is not in my skillset anymore.

Good luck.

Very frustrating.

I ended up taking my laptop to Pattaya to have a battery replaced. Ended up just making it a holiday as there's plenty of cheap computer repair shops.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is not the lan cable as I said in an early post. Both the 3BB tech and I swapped out the Lan cables on his laptop which was OK and on my AIO which was not OK. 

It appears to be down to my pc at fault.

How's your WiFi.

I'm actually surprised many people use LAN.

Even up here in the remotest parts of Issan Im getting close to 300 download and 120 uplaods.

Perhaps you even need LAN anymore. 

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for that information.

That has triggered my memory to the pc being 3 years old. I bought it in July and it is now August. I wonder if that is why I cannot update it. 

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-how-long-does-a-windows-10-license-remain/6bfbfc1e

What is the make and model of your acer AIO PC?

Have you checked on acer website for your pc model and documentation to determine if the pc has a 10/100 or 10/100/1000 lan card installed?

• Like 1

Just now, Roger That said:

In the interest of helping with the original problem and now we have narrowed it down, it would be good to get an answer to this. If indeed it is connected directly to the router, which router is it?

It is the 3BB one which was updated when I went from twin wire to fibre optic 

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

What is the make and model of your acer AIO PC?

Have you checked on acer website for your pc model and documentation to determine if the pc has a 10/100 or 10/100/1000 lan card installed?

Not yet though in an earlier post I did write the information down as I could not copy or download the info from Update & Security.

The pc is an Acer Aspire C24.

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not yet though in an earlier post I did write the information down as I could not copy or download the info from Update & Security.

The pc is an Acer Aspire C24.

OK, seems there are about 20 versions of the C24. You need to give the other number accociated with C24-**** to find the right info and drivers for that PC.

Here is a link to the latest realtek driver on their website (you could try that)

https://www.realtek.com/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Here is the link to Acer drivers website. You need to input your model info to find their latest drivers for that PC 

Download drivers and manuals | Acer official site

Edited by userabcd
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

How's your WiFi.

I'm actually surprised many people use LAN.

Even up here in the remotest parts of Issan Im getting close to 300 download and 120 uplaods.

Perhaps you even need LAN anymore. 

To use WiFI you still need a cable (optic or otherwise) coming into your router from your ISP (3BB)

Or do you mean use 4G mobile data?

44 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Hence I am still using Window 7

Win ????

I have tried to help you earlier by advising you to update windows 10 Media Creation tool.

The issue is has something to do with Windows system file corruption. It is advisable to perform an in -place upgrade. This process will change or overwrite the current system files that is causing the issue to happen. The good thing is that all your files, settings and program will remain, and will update your Windows to the current version. Shall we proceed on this process?

Here are the steps on how to perform in place upgrade.

Kindly follow these steps:

2. Select the "Download now" button under "Create Windows 10 Installation Media" After the download double click on the file to run the tool.

3. On the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, select Accept.

4. On the what do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now, and then select Next.

As per the whole process, this consist of 8 phases. it will usually take 20-30minutes. We just have to follow what is being asked by tool by clicking Ok, Next or Accept. This will surely overwrite the current Windows system files which is causing the issue to happen and will update your Windows to the latest version.

That is the reply I got from Microsoft support. Why don't you contact Microsoft Support your self. Google Microsoft help.

They are very helpful,

• Thanks 1

I note you have  windows issue, I had similar last year where mine stopped updating completly, genuine software. I had to manually update through the windows web site. A simple fix to try us reset your network settings, through windows system, as you use a VPN you will have to reinstall that I think. I use Windows 10 and firefox and they don't always run dead smoothly together only in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Good luck.

Very frustrating.

I ended up taking my laptop to Pattaya to have a battery replaced. Ended up just making it a holiday as there's plenty of cheap computer repair shops.

As I live here I would agree on plenty of cheap computer repair shops....finding a good one though is a different matter.

• Like 1

"However when I try to update Windows the message reads "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" and it will not update.

Error code (0x80070422)

I copied that it it tells me to update the windows 10/11 drivers.

Would I be OK in doing that or should I splash out and get Windows 11 Pro?"

You need to fix the win 10 updates on the PC, it is OK to update windows 10/11 drivers.

If the pc is giving windows update errors, if you do not have a lot of personal info on the pc, a solution would be to backup/save the personal info to another harddisk, clean completely the drive and reinstall windows 10 again (note: separate partition for the C drive win 10 OS and the remaining capacity for all other drive partitions for personal info)

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, elfpattaya said:

I have tried to help you earlier by advising you to update windows 10 Media Creation tool.

The issue is has something to do with Windows system file corruption. It is advisable to perform an in -place upgrade. This process will change or overwrite the current system files that is causing the issue to happen. The good thing is that all your files, settings and program will remain, and will update your Windows to the current version. Shall we proceed on this process?

Here are the steps on how to perform in place upgrade.

Kindly follow these steps:

2. Select the "Download now" button under "Create Windows 10 Installation Media" After the download double click on the file to run the tool.

3. On the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, select Accept.

4. On the what do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now, and then select Next.

As per the whole process, this consist of 8 phases. it will usually take 20-30minutes. We just have to follow what is being asked by tool by clicking Ok, Next or Accept. This will surely overwrite the current Windows system files which is causing the issue to happen and will update your Windows to the latest version.

That is the reply I got from Microsoft support. Why don't you contact Microsoft Support your self. Google Microsoft help.

They are very helpful,

Actually at this point I have changed nothing. You have neither helped not not helped as I am taking in all the advice before I do anything.