How to ascertain ‘genuine’ extra virgin olive oil in Chiang Mai….

mikey88

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Which brands do you recommend? 

I read a report several years ago that some of the Italian brands were not giving genuine olive oil.

I usually buy whatever is on sale. Like I said, the food adulteration market generally targets large institutional users who purchase in bulk quantities like restaurants and food product manufacturers. It is generally too expensive for them to package and sell their products in small sized quantities in retail channels...like selling their fake olive oil in pretty green glass bottles. Most stores also have quality control checks in place because reports of selling fake or adulterated food would be a PR nightmare. 

I'm currently enjoying this bottle of Filippo Berlin EVOO that I purchased at Villa Market here in Phuket. Bertolli and Fragata are other brands I often on buy.

1862027451_20220815_1410582.thumb.jpg.fed0ea5c981766331b37551d3ac321d4.jpg

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

15 hours ago, arithai12 said:

The amount of misinformation passed as "expert advice" on this forum is breathtaking.

As someone who clearly can identify genuine Olive Oil and recognise that the ‘expert advice’ given on this thread is misinformation...  what advice do you have ???

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, FolkGuitar said:

I've never seen the 'Sabrosso' brand extra-virgin named in any of the Scam Oil Lists.

Not cheap, but very nice for cooking or even dipping bread.

I bought the 5l Sabroso from Makro recently..very good.

1370 baht or somewhere there

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe if you were just starting as a child.

But as a retired old person, I don't think what you eat will make much difference.

I don't believe this is true.  From the attached article: Healthy eating is important across your entire life, especially as you age. Choosing nutrient-rich, lower-calorie foods may help you prevent or manage chronic health conditions. It can also help you feel stronger and energized, allowing you to enjoy the golden years of your life.

https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-eating-for-seniors#support