Average Age of Expats in Pattaya?

Neeranam

How Old are you?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Also, the guys I know who have 'Pattaya' gf's come to visit and the girl very often doesn't wai me.

OMG. You poor snowflake. You gettin' wai'd enough now?

What is snowflake about saying Pattaya women don't wai me?

As a Thai, I expect to be waied, if you lived in other areas you would understand the hierarchical social structure here. 

In Pattaya, I suspect the bar people think themselves above the farang, but I could write a paper about that. 

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As a Thai, I expect to be waied, if you lived in other areas you would understand the hierarchical social structure here.

Oh, you DO. Harumph! I'm glad the Pattaya girls let you know they were out of that antiquated little hierarchy at least where you're concerned. Good on 'em. You gettin' wai'd enough now? All comfy?

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In Pattaya, I suspect the bar people think themselves above the farang, but I could write a paper about that. 

Pointless, as it would be as invalid as a number of your misconceptions that've been corrected over the course of at least two threads. Bar people often do, Thais often do, farang often think the same about Thais, Brits about Americans, so it goes. Get over it.

Edited by BigStar

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you look Thai, I think not, so do not get your hierarchical social feelings hurt if they do not wai you.... 

Not a bit. 

No hurt feelings at all it just shows the type of women they are. 

NO Thai woman of reputable background would NOT wai an elder man in Thailand when meeting for the first time in a social situation.. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not a bit. 

NO Thai woman of reputable background would NOT wai an elder man in Thailand when meeting for the first time in a social situation.. 

And therein lies an issue, I'm surprised given where you come from you're abdicating your moral standards for the get out clause that connected age and wealth forgives in this country

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not a bit. 

Bible John - Glasgow 1966

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

The real older white guys seems like a thing of the past.

I wonder where they went though. There's not a whole lot of options like Pattaya around.

Could it be a change in time? Pub, bar, fish and chips or burgers, lady bar is not that interesting anymore out of several reasons. We who are younger have been schooled different and make other choices than the generation before.

Not all, but there is a change in attitude for sure among expats in Thailand, and of course those who is left behind with to small pentions, do not make it there anymore.

20 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Could it be a change in time? Pub, bar, fish and chips or burgers, lady bar is not that interesting anymore out of several reasons. We who are younger have been schooled different and make other choices than the generation before.

Not all, but there is a change in attitude for sure among expats in Thailand, and of course those who is left behind with to small pentions, do not make it there anymore.

'schooled different' indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:31 PM, Neeranam said:

I always felt I got a rather cynical 'wai' from those places with male serving staff..... but elsewhere when I leave a tip for the girl I often get a reasonable one and dip of the head. 

I don't feel much concern over what they think of me really. 

Edited by jacko45k