BKK arrival report

Two points: the OP mentions that the Immigration Officer at the airport uttered the word "extension"....but your report does not clarify this.  Was she offering you an extension there and then on the spot or was she simply making small talk?

Also, someone above mentions that Eva Air's Premium Economy is well worth trying (I can confirm that opinion).  However, I have discovered that their Premium Economy is only available on Boeing 777-300ER (not on Dreamliner).

Thus, flying from YVR - BKK you are given the choice, only, of flying Economy $1200 plus or Business Class $5795.

'Third, people, I’m just trying to add a little info I myself would have found helpful a week ago.  You can be mad about that I guess?'

This geezer ain't mad - thanks so much for your report! That's exactly the one-way Eva flight I'll be taking in a few weeks, visa-exempt with a view to Non-O extension, so this report is timely and worth gold to me.

I get my 4th jab in a week or so and I've got digital and the WHO yellow booklet.

I'll also be buying an onward ticket just in case. It strikes me that a full fare short haul should be refundable. And I always carry €600 in my pocket nowadays, since they did a few spot-checks for that a couple of years ago. 

I guess if they really want to I can show them my Airbnb booking.

Looks like a piece o' cake. Thanks again!

Edited by BusyB

4 hours ago, buick said:

were you on EVA's 777 or dreamliner ?  the new dreamliner business class looks pretty nice (via pictures).  i am flying to USA on the dreamliner for a one month visit in october.  

The 787-10 is scheduled on this route. 

One can but hope ????

18 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

Would recommend if that route works for you, much better than Austrian for similar money, and very nice seat layout.

Pity the poor sod (me) who's flying that route in December on OS.  My only solace is in the fact that I managed to snag a pretty low fare for a return from London.

Thailand became a popular tourist destination just because entry was as easy as O/P states, ignoring that he flew J class.

At the time when Thailand tourism was on the rise, anyone could get a cheap ticket to Bangkok and enter on a 30 day, no visa entry, and the have a good time during that 30 days, spending money as they wanted.  Maybe, these people were not the "high quality" tourists that TAT is now dreaming of attracting, but many spent sizeable sums of hard cash in the major destinations.

If TAT and the Junta really wanted to revive Tourism, this is where they should be looking, not dreaming up new entry requirements and confusing restrictions.

Some of this who first came as back-packers clutching LP guides, are now well off in their home countries and might be looking to revisit LOS and revive memories of their youth, and would probably spend more than the Chinese/Indians that TAT is now hoping to attract.

Thailand needs to make entry easy, and o publicise that it is easy.

I am coming back to LOS next week, mainly because I am reassured by what i read here, that entry will be easy, and that as I am fully Vacced, I will be allowed in with no hassle.  

If I had relied on what is on RTE web-site and info on applying for a 'tourist Visa', I would not be travelling.

It is very difficult to think that TAT actually wants tourism to go back to as it was 10yrs ago.

• Haha 1