TM 6 cancelled?

I just came back to Thailand from a short trip, I was surprised to discover that I do not need to fill out any TM6 (white card) anymore.

I thought they scrapped the TM6 only for Thai citizens?

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

"temporarily suspended" at airports. 

Don't worry about it. 

By the way, do we need to report to immigration after going out of Thailand and then reenter?

How does this work anymore without TM6?

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

By the way, do we need to report to immigration after going out of Thailand and then reenter?

How does this work anymore without TM6?

Thinking all the "things" that previously required a TM6 such as 90 reports etc will not be required in the future.

If you exit Thailand and return using previous visa or reentry permit....no need to report to immigration or do a TM30.

Actually next week I'm taking 2 weeks in Oz.

Shortly after return to Thailand I will be attending immigration for annual extension.

Obviously I won't have the tm6 that previously I had to provide. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is good news that because we do not have tm6 at this time;

there is no tm30 since i am returning  using previous visa /reentry permit. (i loaded section 38 app and saw the tm6 requirement!)

nor 

90 Days report which is also need tm6.

Thanks Jack 

2 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

nor 

90 Days report which is also need tm6.

Just to be clear...

90 day reports are still required. 

The "new online" does not have box for TM6.

In person and via mail you would just not provide a TM6 as you don't have one. 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Actually next week I'm taking 2 weeks in Oz.

Shortly after return to Thailand I will be attending immigration for annual extension.

Obviously I won't have the tm6 that previously I had to provide. 

The problem is that during application for extension, immigration will ask for copies of 90 day report, TM6 etc.

If we reenter Thailand and apply for visa extension within 90 days of reentry , we have NO 90 day report to show since the last reentry into Thailand.

Edited by EricTh

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

"temporarily suspended" at airports. 

Don't worry about it. 

Dead right temporary.

It will be back. probably with extra info to be filled in as well. 

we all know what this lot are like under the varnish.

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The problem is that during application for extension, immigration will ask for copies of 90 day report, TM6 etc. 

They will not............... unless you have evidence to the contrary. 

(copies of 90 day reports were never required)

14 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If we reenter Thailand and apply for visa extension within 90 days of reentry , we have NO 90 day report to show since the last reentry into Thailand.

Don't worry about it.

As I typed earlier the things that previously required a TM6 will be processed without.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

They will not............... unless you have evidence to the contrary. 

(copies of 90 day reports were never required)

They did ask for 90 day reports, TM30, Tm6 sometimes during my previous extensions.

4 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yep got off the plane a few hours ago no forms only vax certificate 

Bit off topic however may I ask about what you actually showed for vax certificate.

Next week off to Oz for 2 weeks 

I have screenshot on cell with certificate from mor prom app. Is that sufficient. 

What I was told at BKK CW; If your last extension of stay was not done in BKK province, and one moved into BKK to live, an initial TM30 is required of course, but here is the catch 22: if you now leave Thailand and return, you must file a TM30 upon your return, which the landlord / house master can do online. Question was "Why" seeing an initial was done and there are no more requirements to submit another upon return, seeing one is going to the same condo, home, address as filed. Answer was " until your next extension of stay is done in BKK province, one must always file a TM30 upon returning to Thailand, if your current extension of stay was not done in BKK, and living in BKK.

After your next extension, if done by BKK immigration, and continue living in BKK, no filing of TM30 is required upon one return to Thailand.

Not sure if this is so in all Provinces. 

I think, going to get one's new extension of stay, or 90 days reporting, they will see the date of entry stamp in your passport

and request the TM30 if not on file. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit off topic however may I ask about what you actually showed for vax certificate.

I have screenshot on cell with certificate from mor prom app. Is that sufficient. 

i had my vax certificate hard copy also i downloaded it to my phone ..showing 2 vax 2 boosters..many People just showing Q code on phone..easy no hold up they just look at the vax certificate and take a photo of your passport 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That is sufficient. I showed the officer my Mor Prom vaccination cert on my handphone before getting into the immigration queue for stamping.

There are two barriers, the first is the checking vax barrier which is done pretty fast before the normal immigration queue.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

ok so update on tm6 came back to swampy this week no forms just show passport vax certificate..boarding pass ..but just to be sure i went yo local imm here to check the did a check on my entry stamp  put my 90 day check in for 2 months later than it was all good no probs job done 

On 8/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, EricTh said:

They did ask for 90 day reports, TM30, Tm6 sometimes during my previous extensions.

You posted this comment last Tuesday. Last Thursday I went to Chaengwattana for my yearly retirement extension. I had an appointment. I included a copy of the TM6 as well as put the original in my passport (I remove it most of the time because it is so old it is wearing out). At all three processes of the extension, they kept and put a check mark on the TM6 photocopy. They also flipped open the stapled TM6 original and inspected it. Usually, they discard items they don't want or that are superfluous. So it seems they wanted my TM6 last Thursday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You posted this comment last Tuesday. Last Thursday I went to Chaengwattana for my yearly retirement extension. I had an appointment. I included a copy of the TM6 as well as put the original in my passport (I remove it most of the time because it is so old it is wearing out). At all three processes of the extension, they kept and put a check mark on the TM6 photocopy. They also flipped open the stapled TM6 original and inspected it. Usually, they discard items they don't want or that are superfluous. So it seems they wanted my TM6 last Thursday.

From your post it seems you haven't travelled outside Thailand for a long time, so your TM6 is still valid from the last time you arrived, which is why they didn't discard it.

For people coming now (since 1st July I believe) there is no TM6 requirement, and the IO can refer to the entry stamp date in the passport if they want/need to check.

I know this from first hand experience.

TIP for all:::::::As many people have found out, the Airport IO requires to see your boarding pass (in lieu of the TM6) upon entry.

My local IO also suggested keeping your latest boarding pass, as proof of entry date (if ever required). Sounds a sensible idea.

4 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

From your post it seems you haven't travelled outside Thailand for a long time, so your TM6 is still valid from the last time you arrived, which is why they didn't discard it.

For people coming now (since 1st July I believe) there is no TM6 requirement, and the IO can refer to the entry stamp date in the passport if they want/need to check.

I know this from first hand experience.

I assume this is correct. I just wanted to point out that people with TM6s shouldn't discard them, thinking they're no longer checking. FWIW, they checked my TM30 and the photocopy of it as well. I always go to immigration assuming they want everything. So I keep things at the ready, including my lease, address documents, and any supporting papers. 

33 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

TIP for all:::::::As many people have found out, the Airport IO requires to see your boarding pass (in lieu of the TM6) upon entry.

My local IO also suggested keeping your latest boarding pass, as proof of entry date (if ever required). Sounds a sensible idea.

I have discarded by latest boarding pass so it's not sensible. Nobody told us we have to keep our boarding pass to renew.

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

My local IO also suggested keeping your latest boarding pass, as proof of entry date (if ever required). Sounds a sensible

To keep the latest boarding pass as proof of entry date does not sounds sensible as for this they stamp the entry stamp into your passport.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sato said:

To keep the latest boarding pass as proof of entry date does not sounds sensible as for this they stamp the entry stamp into your passport.

Oh dear!......The boarding pass has your flight date, and if an IO wishes to see something (in lieu of the TM6) then this could be useful.

As I posted the IO only suggested this. Don't be so negative.

Edited by couchpotato